PDA

View Full Version : Update on my cut

Stumprrp
06-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey guys,

i just wanted to give u guys an update on how im doing since i last posted asking for help with dieting.

things are going good, i dropped the stupid carb cycling and have just been eating cleaner, monitoring my calories on fitday. im just keeping carbs under 100g a day, and protien over 200, thats basically it. so far, if you count my weight before my contest in the end of march, i was 258 pounds with around a 41 waist. so far im down to 240 lbs in the AM with a 39.5 inch waist. im pretty happy, i dont see much definition at all but im not really after that, i feel a ton better too. strength is maintaining or going up slightly. the real only negative is no one really has noticed lol but as long as i can thats all that matters.

im pretty suprised that im losing only 1-2 lbs a week on 2000-2600 cals a day with a bit more on the weekends, i thought it would be too low but i guess i was wrong. i do work an office job but i do alot of walking and my workouts are brutal. weekends i tend to treat myself a bit to a cold beer or some dessert, but hey, we need to live life too.

anyways, onward to 230! and hopefully keep my strength for my next meet in october to smash the 220 junior amature bench record in the IPA.

-Rob

Behemoth
06-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Sounds like you got things going good brother. Your mindset of taking it gradual and staying in it for the long haul is excellent.

Stumprrp
06-28-2010, 10:26 AM
thanks man, its getting tough i wont lie, this week i was pretty bad and over the weekend too. i didnt lose anything, but my waist was down another half inch, how i dont know. im really going to try to stay strict during the week maybe even a little lower cals this way i can treat myself and not hurt my progress on the weekend.

tomv
06-28-2010, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about people noticing big fella, at the size you are and with the perception most people have of you in their eyes (big thick dude), it's going to take more then 18lbs :P.

Good work on having the smarts/guts to cut, I see a whole bunch of powerlifters get caught up in the "I MUST EAT EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME" mindset and I personally don't believe it's the best way to be.

Best of luck in continuing your cut.

Behemoth
06-28-2010, 03:08 PM
thanks man, its getting tough i wont lie, this week i was pretty bad and over the weekend too. i didnt lose anything, but my waist was down another half inch, how i dont know. im really going to try to stay strict during the week maybe even a little lower cals this way i can treat myself and not hurt my progress on the weekend.

You're looking at it backwards. Don't eat less during the week because you fear you'll eat more on the weekend. Eat normal dieting cals during the week and you won't go as over the top when you do deviate. The correlation between overdieting (even slightly) and cheating-bingeing is direct. Eat your slow gradual diet, accept that slip ups happen, and just continue on your way after them. Don't starve yourself in redemption from one or in preparation for one. Ever.

Stumprrp
06-29-2010, 08:45 AM
B - i might of mis-explained that. i just meant i need to take off another 150-200 cals a day since i didnt lose anything last week due to a few to many calories all around, not only on the cheat meals. i hear you on eating little to cheat more, i tend to go that route often simply because i enjoy eating so much. i must say using fitday has helped me tremendously. im glad i manned up and stopped being lazy. yesterdays marcos (hard DE squat day) were 80 g fat, 110 g carbs, and around 230 g protien. not bad i guess.

tom - i hear u man, 18 lbs isnt much when i was a bloated 258 in march haha

4th of july will be a major cheat day, and i will enjoy it too.