PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on deload diet.

88gt17ma
06-28-2010, 08:08 AM
So I started lifting about 2 months ago, its been 7 weeks of heavy lifting using starting strength. These last two weeks I hit a plateau and my muscles don't seem to be recovering. I increased weight pretty fast which I would consider "newbie gains" and I am really wiped out. Taking a week off at this point seems like a smart thing to do, I am wondering what my diet should be like?

Currently I am consuming 4,000 calories every day and have been gaining, how should this amount change while taking a week off?

Thanks

gmen5681
06-28-2010, 08:30 AM
if you are looking to get bigger, which it seems to be since you are getting 4000 calories a day, i would say pretty much keep the diet the same because your body is still going to use the calories on recovery and repair of the muscles. just monitor your fat gains over the next month or 2 and if you feel you are putting on too much body fat just drop down to 3800 calories a day and youll be fine. hope this helps.

Off Road
06-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Keep your diet the same, your body needs the food to recover.

88gt17ma
06-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Ok cool, thanks guys

jhon01
07-08-2010, 04:43 AM
HI
I am ready to go again. My diet is not that great since I eat mostly for something I can buy at my neighborhood pharmacy, that will give me a energy boast Online pharmacy (http://www.oneclickpharmacy.co.uk/) .
Thanks!

sallsbury
07-08-2010, 05:11 AM
if you are looking to get bigger, which it seems to be since you are getting 4000 calories a day, i would say pretty much keep the diet the same because your body is still going to use the calories on recovery and repair of the muscles. just monitor your fat gains over the next month or 2 and if you feel you are putting on too much body fat just drop down to 3800 calories a day and youll be fine. hope this helps.
I agree with this.You should pay attention on your diet as described in this post.That is the way by which you will get the perfect solution for your problem.