PDA

View Full Version : Woolys Training Log

BigWooly123
06-28-2010, 11:36 PM
So finally starting one of these logs, im hoping it will keep me stay consistent with my workouts. Im working on a consistent schedule this summer so going to the gym regularly is going to be alot easier for me. Im a pretty big guy 6 feet 1 inch, 310lbs, and currently 21 years old. I used to hold me weight around 260 but a knee injury in my college wrestling room on top of doing absolutely nothing but drinking beer, eating, and playing video games has put a toll on my body. Still love that beer, but I am giving it my all to try and limit it two only a few times a month. I am on my second season as an assistant wrestling coach at my former high school. Im going to school to become a high school teacher. In the summer im a role model for k-5 kids at a camp ran through the school district I work for. My current goals are to just get back in shape and shed some of this weight off. I definitely need to drop some of this. Im going to post my weekly workout schedule and what I do at the gym each day. Feel free to critique and give me any advice at all. Thanks.

Supplements
- 80/20 Whey, Casein Blend
- 80/20 Casein, Whey Blend
- Jack3d
- Fish Oil
- Multi Vitamin

I am going to use these only for a few weeks but I also have a few other supps i wanna add to my list as i start to get back into shape more.

Supplements
- 80/20 Whey, Casein Blend
- 80/20 Casein, Whey Blend
- Fish Oil
- Multi Vitamin
- Jack3d
- Thermocin or Alpha-T2
- Rest of the ETS I have
- Creatine Mono

I also have been looking into and want to get BCAA supplement next pay check I think.

Weekly Schedule
Monday - Chest, Tris, Shoulders
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Back, Bis, Lats
Friday - Legs
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

Took it fairly easy today, first day back at the gym.. went after work around 6pm after I took a serving of Jack3d.

Monday
- Bench 3x10
- Close Grip Bench 3x10
- DB Skull Crushers 3x10
- Standing Cable Crosses 3x10
- Incline DB Press 3x10

Did some cardio in the pool, about 6 laps of breast stroke, and 6 of freestyle.. got me pretty winded..

I took it easy today, didnt get to all the lifts I wanted to, but I wanted to make sure I could finish all of the ones I did since it was my very first day back.

BigWooly123
06-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Morning weight 308.6lbs

Tuesday - Legs

Angled Leg Press - 3x10
Seated Leg Curl - 3x10
Leg Extension - 3x10
Hack Squats - 3x10
Calf Raises - 3x10 (used edge of angled leg press)

I suppose this isnt the best routine for legs, but I just kinda wanted to throw a bit at them and get my legs used to lifting, plus the routines I used to have got a little mixed up.

Not trying to start squating for a few weeks, I think its best I get my legs into shape a bit before I get busy doing my squats. Every time I got back to the gym and start doing a routine again I get a big dick about squat right off the bat and end up pulling my groin or hammys lol.. so Im easing into it this time..

BigWooly123
07-02-2010, 02:53 AM
This one is coming in a little late tonight, had work, nap, gym then my buddies 21 run in ptown..

Thursday Morning Weight: 305.8

Thursday - Back, Bis, Lats
- Hammer Curls 3x10
- Low Incline DB Press 3x10
- Bicep Curls 3x10
- Lat Pulldowns 3x10
- Single Arm Lat Pulldowns 3x10 (each arm)
- Single Arm Isolation Curls 3x10 (each arm)
- Cable Crossovers 3x10
- High Wood Chops 3x10 (each arm)
- Low Wood Chops 2x10 (each arm)

Kind of did alot today, I probably could have gone without a few of the workouts, but I felt really good doing them all, and I got a really nice sweat going.

BigWooly123
07-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Today was a nice workout, took 2 scoops of jack3d and feeling off the chain. but ill prob stick to 1 1/2 scoop for now on. I did some leg stuff i had already done on tuesday but until i find a set routine i think its all right.

Friday - Legs
Dead Lifts - 3x10
Angled Leg Extension - 3x10
Step Ups - 2x10 (each leg)
Leg Curls - 3x10
Front Squats - 3x10

After doing all of the i went and biked for 20 minutes, did about 6.0 miles.. and then hit the pool for some breast stoke and freestyle.

Im looking for something to do on my saturday and sunday, might just work the cardio but if there is any lifts that i havent covered during the week and might be able to do on the weekends that would fit in my schedule please let me know..

BigWooly123
07-07-2010, 01:25 AM
i wasnt able to post on monday, way too tired to think about the weekend lol.. plus had to get back to work. so this log is for monday and tuesday of this week. ill post monday first, its the same workout as last weeks. im currently trying to fix my routine a little bit. i want to get more direct leg workouts, quads and hammys on opposite days. and add in more shoulder workouts.

Monday - Tris, Chest, Shoulders
- Bench 3x10
- Close Grip Bench 3x10
- DB Skull Crushers 3x10
- Incline DB Press 3x10

Tuesday - Legs

- Angled Leg Press - 3x10
- Seated Leg Curl - 3x10
- Leg Extension - 3x10
- Hack Squats - 3x10
- Calf Raises - 3x10 (used edge of angled leg press)

BigWooly123
07-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Wasnt able to post any logs from tuesday on, my router was donzo, but got a new one on sunday night so i am just going to post from there. i did do my leg workout thursday but didnt get to arms on friday. friends 21 run over the weekend, the last of the 21 runs! i was very tired today at the gym! weekend definitely took a toll on my body lol

- Bench 3x10
- Close Grip Bench 3x10
- DB Skull Crushers 3x10
- Incline DB Press 3x10

BigWooly123
07-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Pretty good pump today, i got a mad sweat going and then went and killed myself on the basketball court.

Tuesday - Legs

Angled Leg Press - 3x10
Seated Leg Curl - 3x10
Leg Extension - 3x10
Hack Squats - 3x10
Calf Raises - 3x10 (used edge of angled leg press)

BigWooly123
07-20-2010, 01:45 AM
sorry for missing a few days on my logs, its gotten pretty difficult to find time to post with my work schedule, nap, and then working out lol.. ill try and get them up on a regular basis again, but the good news is i have stayed on top of my lifts.

- Bench 3x10
- Close Grip Bench 3x10
- DB Skull Crushers 3x10
- Incline DB Press 3x10