PDA

View Full Version : mixing protein powder with milk instead of water?

I_Esta_5
06-29-2010, 10:56 AM
when you're trying to get more proteins? i gotta 17 g protein case but its not enough so i mix milk in instead of water. milk has about 8g so that'll be like...25 g correct? is it ok to do that?

mike mcgee
06-29-2010, 11:11 AM
is this question for real? protein powder is usually mixed in milk, water, almond milk, coconut milk, etc.... you can mix it in fruit juice if you want, it's all about taste and tolerance. where did you get a 17g protein? thats pretty low. you could always just mix two scoops instead of one.

RebelDogg
07-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah, if I'm low on calories or protein or both I mix it in milk. If I'm not, I mix it in water. Sometimes I put it in Gatorade. Just put it in a liquid. If you're only getting 17g protein per serving, get a different powder. Unless the serving is freaking tiny. I think ON is 33g scoops @ 24g protein. I usually use 2 scoops, 240 calories and 48g of protein. Add 2 to 2.5 cups of skim milk for 420 to 465 calories and 64g to 68g of protein. I believe Nitrean is close to the same, maybe slightly less. Not sure, waiting for first batch to arrive...

But seriously, put your whey in whatever liquid you want pretty much. Just get it wet and drink it.

jhon01
07-17-2010, 11:53 AM
It will only help you lose weight if you also exercise and cut back other calories. Definitely look for why protein if you decide to take it.