PDA

View Full Version : Phenom Bench Shirt

basbolstar
06-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey all-

I have used a Inzer Phenom One Ply Bench shirt for almost 9 months. I have done 2 events in it and it felt great. No problems touching good pop. I used it to the other day and it felt like it had no pop. I did use a bit of water on it, but any way to get the pop back?? Anyone ever use it before?? How long did it last you??

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Travis Bell
06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately the single ply one's don't last very long. Your shirt may just be all stretched out now

basbolstar
06-29-2010, 05:21 PM
That stinks. I will try another workout with it soon to see. What are other good bench shirts to use?

theBarzeen
06-30-2010, 09:34 AM
you could try tightening up the sleeves...... you can wash it and dry it, that can tighten it up a little..... but Travis is right, 2 meets out of a single ply is about it.........

Other good single ply? If you're competing IPF go Titan, I used a single F6 for a while and it did okay for me. My wife does well in a single ply Overkill, but they're not IPF approved.

Barbaccio
06-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Boil the shirt for 10 minutes. I'm completely serious. Bring the water to a boil, put your shirt in, and cover for 10 minutes. You can do this several times and it'll return the pop to your shirt. I have a triple-ply SDP and I've boiled it twice. Add a little Woolite to it and you'll be a happy camper. Good luck.

basbolstar
06-30-2010, 09:47 AM
The Rage X a good shirt??

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
06-30-2010, 11:09 AM
The Rage X a good shirt??

Like Travis Bell said, your Phenom is probably stretched out. Also, the Rage X is a great shirt too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMtq0AXZe68

BloodandThunder
06-30-2010, 11:55 AM
I got around 120 lbs out of a 4-5 year old Titan Fury although I was around 30 lbs heavier (200 to 230) then when I competed in the shirt (410 to around 530), and I'm definitely not a talented equipped bencher. Titan's newer single ply is the best; you see a lot more of them on the single ply national meets. IMO if you're ready for it, get the Super Katana or a F-6. If a shirt looses its pop, just relegate it to a training shirt. As far as double-ply, it seems the Rage X is quite popular.

J Stottlemire
06-30-2010, 12:23 PM
I got around 120 lbs out of a 4-5 year old Titan Fury although I was around 30 lbs heavier (200 to 230) then when I competed in the shirt (410 to around 530), and I'm definitely not a talented equipped bencher. Titan's newer single ply is the best; you see a lot more of them on the single ply national meets. IMO if you're ready for it, get the Super Katana or a F-6. If a shirt looses its pop, just relegate it to a training shirt. As far as double-ply, it seems the Rage X is quite popular.

Rage X is an awesome bench shirt in Single ply as well.

Jon Elick
06-30-2010, 12:31 PM
You will get alot more longevity from a Super Katana than any other shirt on the market. On average, I get 4-5 meets from mine, including some training reps in the gym. Once stretched, send them back for tightening...take in 1/2" in chest and arms. You shouldn't have to mess with it after that. Fabric willl only stretch so much and then not stretch anymore. Once tightened, you should be able to use it for many more meets. Call Ken Anderson (andersonpowerlifting.com). Best customer service in the biz and he knows his gear.

shocker4221
06-30-2010, 09:16 PM
some of you mentioned that you would only get a certain number of meets out of your shirts before it stretched out. Is this the combination of meet and work done in the shirt training for the meet? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, new to the shirt world. I've been training in a Titan Fury for about 4 months and have gotten 100 lbs out of my single ply, not sure if that's good, bad, or average.

Ryano
07-01-2010, 05:16 AM
All shirts stretch to some degree. You can "tweek" a shirt to tighten it up without sending it back or washing it. I have a single ply Katana that I've used in 4 different World Championships and several other local meets. It is now just an "opener" shirt, but still reliable. It's all in how you wear them. The Katana is the best single ply on the market and Titan's guarantee is great seeing that Inzer has none. I am a sponsored lifter, but just look at any single ply National/World meet and see what everyone on the medal podium is wearing. In multiply, I will admit that it's more of a level playing field, but single, Titan is KING.

robchris
07-01-2010, 09:33 PM
All shirts stretch to some degree. You can "tweek" a shirt to tighten it up without sending it back or washing it. I have a single ply Katana that I've used in 4 different World Championships and several other local meets. It is now just an "opener" shirt, but still reliable. It's all in how you wear them. The Katana is the best single ply on the market and Titan's guarantee is great seeing that Inzer has none. I am a sponsored lifter, but just look at any single ply National/World meet and see what everyone on the medal podium is wearing. In multiply, I will admit that it's more of a level playing field, but single, Titan is KING.

Agreed... Titan is king in 1-ply!

2-ply I like Inzer(rage x ) and Metal (viking)