PDA

View Full Version : 2 Quick Food Rules for a Better Body - Newsletter Mini Article

Joe Black
07-01-2010, 02:23 PM
By Riley Bestwick

You've probably heard that getting a great-looking body is 20% training and 80% nutrition. (When did fitness guys start wanting to be mathematicians?) Now, I'm not sure who came up with those percentages, but I do agree that nutrition is the neglected portion of the equation. Think about it: every guy is searching for the perfect training program, but how many do you know who's looking for the perfect eating plan?

My guess is not many.

Still, if you really want to build the best body you're capable of, you may want to pay attention to the following two tips:

1. Master the grocery store

First, you have to go grocery shopping more than once per week (I know some guys who go once per month!). We're buying fresh food here, not boxed crap.

Next, shop the perimeter of the aisles since all the good stuff—vegetables, fruits, meat, and dairy—are on the perimeter. The middle aisles are filled with frozen meals and other stuff you should avoid.

Finally, buy some items in bulk. Things like oatmeal, nuts, and cans of tuna are a lot less expensive if you get the big-boy boxes. (I prefer to buy meats, veggies and fruits in small quantities, though. You'll get better quality stuff this way and won't have to stock your freezer.)

http://www.wannabebig.com/newsletter/img/content/organic.jpg

Do yourself a favour and pick up some fresh vegetables

2. Plan your meals

You probably have a workout program. Why not an eating program? This one step alone could help push you over a plateau, where you'll actually gain muscle and get lean. And I'm not talking about simply packing a lunch for the next day before you go to bed. We've got to get serious here.

Try this:

Grab a piece of paper, and write down every meal you want to eat for the next week. If you're eating five meals per day, that's 35 meals for the week.

Do you have enough groceries for that many meals? How many are "quick meals" that you won't have to cook? How many will require more than 20 minutes to cook? Are you getting enough protein, carbs, and fats (consistent with your goals) in every meal?

I'm not saying you have to cook all 35 meals at once, but it's a good idea to know what you have ahead of you and plan accordingly.

They may not seem like much, but these two tips can literally change the way you look. Stop looking for the magic bullet or pill and focus on the basics: high-quality food and regular intervals. Once you have those nailed, feel free to get more "precise."

------------------

This exclusive article (and others) can be found in the latest Wannabebig Serious About Muscle Newsletter - July 1st, 2010 (http://www.wannabebig.com/newsletter/070110.html)

You can sign up here - Wannabebig Newsletter Sign Up (http://www.wannabebig.com/wannabebig-newsletter/)

Off Road
07-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Planning the meals is one step I plan to run by my wife. It would make shopping easier for her and I could guarantee what we'll be having for dinner. Left without a list, she is free to buy what she wants, I'll have less control over what we eat, and a plan will probably cut down on those trips to the fast food restaurants.