PDA

View Full Version : Which deadlift suit?

Andrew Cohn
07-02-2010, 06:59 AM
I've entered into the NOTLD deadlift meet in late October and have never used a deadlift suit before so I'll begin training in one right after USAPL Raw Nationals in 2 weeks. I really have no clue about selecting a deadlift suit so I was looking for some opinions on here. It must be a single ply suit and something that I can effectively learn to use in 8-10 weeks of training.

I'm a pretty barrel chested build with a thick waste (not your typical body builder v-taper) and always lift sumo. I have considered the Metal King Sumo but have also heard very positive things about the Titan Velocity. The Inzer Fusion has also been recommended but I know even less about it.

Also, should the suit be worn or cycled in when training speed days? I've recently implemented speed work (70-80%) into my training and have noticed a huge difference in this cycle. Just not sure how to use the suit in this endeavor.

Any ideas are welcome. Thanks gents

mastermonster
07-02-2010, 11:54 PM
I love the Titan Velocity, but I pull conventional and haven't tried the sumo version. I don't use my suit for speed work, but you could give it a try and see if you like the results. Good luck at your meets!

J Stottlemire
07-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Do you get much carry over out of your fusion, ive not been able to find a suit myself where i get more than maybe 10-15 pounds carryover.

muscle_g
07-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I love my Inzer Max DL suit.

stik
07-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I got an older Titan NXG single-ply deadlift suit in a clearance sale, and it's working well for me.

robchris
07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
In my experience the Titan Velocity is good for conventional... Metal for sumo style. Get the velcro straps if your fed allows it!

douglasoh5
07-07-2010, 08:45 AM
If you have to use single ipf stuff get the trx not the fusion if you go inzer. metals suits are all good. get the v type and a centurian is a good suit for sumo too