PDA

View Full Version : Ness' Lifting Journal

Ness
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey I'm quite new to bodybuilding and lifting consistently. This is the first time I've tried to do a decent amount of research and sticking to a plan. I'm 22 years old and I figure it's time to try and get a really nice looking body and feel a lot better about my health. I'm 5'11" and right now I'm about 174 pounds. My goal by the end of this summer is to try and get close to 200 pounds. Ultimately my dream scenario would be to weigh about 215 to 220 pounds.

I've been working out for about two weeks now. I go to the gym 4 times a week. The training method I've taken up thus far samples a bit of John Franco's Westside for Skinny Bastards 3 template. I usually do two upper body days and two lower body days through the course of the 4 day period in a week. I'm still experimenting though, but here is my usual routine in the course of these last two weeks:

Upper body days (twice a week):

-Regular Barbell Bench Press:

90 x 10, 3 sets
110 x 8, 3 sets
135 x 6, 3 sets

- Flat dumbbell Bench Press:

60 x 15, 3 sets

- Dumbbell rows:

40 x 12, 4 sets

- Seated dumbbell power cleans:

15 x 12, 4 super sets

- Dumbbell shurgs:

40 x 15, 4 sets

- Bounce ball crunches:

100 reps, 3 sets

Lower Body Day (twice a week)

- Free squats:

90 x 10, 3 sets
110 x 8, 3 sets
135 x 8, 3 sets

- Bulgarian split squats:

60 x 10, 4 sets

- 45 Degree Hyper Extensions:

12 reps (35 pound weight added), 3 sets

- Dumbbell side bends:

40 x 15, 4 sets

- Leg Press:

180 x 10, 3 sets
200 x 10, 3 sets

So as you can see, not very strong at the moment, and probably not very technically sound with my workout routine, but trying to do some research and get it down. I'm also taking a supplement and testing it out for a month or so. Muscle milk. After that probably going to try Whey Protein. I'm also trying to increase my intake of food to gain more weight. I think I've gained two pounds in the last week or so. Anyways, going to the gym tonight and I'll be back to post my results. Any advice is appreciated since I've very new at this and very raw. Hopefully this is the start of a good journey. Thanks.