PDA

View Full Version : Eating Fat, and what it does to your blood stream

depotman
07-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Here is a pretty interesting video on what to much fat can do to your blood -

http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1549763175867837730

Another interesting video on how there is a small amount of opiate in milk to help keep the infants wanting to feed so they will get stronger -

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3214100593069532942#

Behemoth
07-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Some good information in the earlier half of the first video. Around halfway through it starts getting out of hand when the agenda of this vegetarian nutjob becomes a little more evident. It's about balance. There's nothing wrong with eatting meat if you're smart and the only meat you eat doesn't come in a sack bag with fries.

depotman
07-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Some good information in the earlier half of the first video. Around halfway through it starts getting out of hand when the agenda of this vegetarian nutjob becomes a little more evident. It's about balance. There's nothing wrong with eatting meat if you're smart and the only meat you eat doesn't come in a sack bag with fries.

I totally agree with your post, well said. I never really knew that the fat you eat goes directly into your blood until your liver cleanses it out. So it does make sense that if you are always eating lots of fat, it might not really clean the fat out of it for long periods of time.

A little dramatic, but some decent info in the video. I also like the second one and how he attributes there being small amounts of morphine in milk, LOL.

Behemoth
07-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I totally agree with your post, well said. I never really knew that the fat you eat goes directly into your blood until your liver cleanses it out. So it does make sense that if you are always eating lots of fat, it might not really clean the fat out of it for long periods of time.

A little dramatic, but some decent info in the video. I also like the second one and how he attributes there being small amounts of morphine in milk, LOL.

Haven't watched this one yet, but if it's the same guy I can only imagine how he may extrapolate a mondain study into concrete reason to avoid all dairly, lol.

jp2
07-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Some good info in this vid (only watched the first 1/3rd or so) but I couldn't imagine being a Vegeterian. Fatty foods in moderation is key.

Behemoth
07-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Some good info in this vid (only watched the first 1/3rd or so) but I couldn't imagine being a Vegeterian. Fatty foods in moderation is key.

Fortunately you stopped before he reccommends 30g of protein per day and concludes anymore will inevitably lead to osteoporosis. While 30g a day may suffice for somebody who aspires to look like this zookeeper. Just like 50g of fat per day has kept him nice and skinny, inevitably so has 30g of protein a day. He argues the body doesn't need any more of either of these macronutrients. And he very well may be correct, if we wanted to stay very small not only bodyfat wise, but muscle wise. Most of us don't want the latter so 30g will never be optimal.

depotman
07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Fortunately you stopped before he reccommends 30g of protein per day and concludes anymore will inevitably lead to osteoporosis. While 30g a day may suffice for somebody who aspires to look like this zookeeper. Just like 50g of fat per day has kept him nice and skinny, inevitably so has 30g of protein a day. He argues the body doesn't need any more of either of these macronutrients. And he very well may be correct, if we wanted to stay very small not only bodyfat wise, but muscle wise. Most of us don't want the latter so 30g will never be optimal.

Rofl, ya 30 grams of protein per day is pretty comical. I think most people who workout would wither away into nothing.

The second vid is from a different doctor, but nonetheless he is speaking at a vegan convention. So some of the theme is the same as the first vid. Still some interesting stuff in there if you can stand to sort through the mess. He starts to get into the main protein compound in milk - Casien and how it differs amino acid wise from other proteins.