PDA

View Full Version : Navita's Training/ lifting log Brazilian Jiu jitsu and mma inspired!

navita
07-07-2010, 01:39 AM
All right I am going to work as much as possible to update this with information on what I do for lifting/ working out every day for my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/ MMA. A little disclaimer from now on Brazilian Jiu Jitsu will be shortened to bjj. As I go thorough this, if you see anything i am doing something wrong, or have suggestions PLEASE give feedback. I have a fairly decent understanding of lifting and training but tend to overdo it. Also what I have learned is from various classes, talking with personal trainers, I usually do not take any advice unless I have looked it up or heard from multiple sources. So on with the workouts! Also slang terminology will have an asterisk (*) next to it and will be explained. I do not think anyone is dumb but I do want to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Today July 6, 2010

BJJ Gi* class. 11-12
10 min stretching/ warmup including
50 jumping jacks
50 tuck crunches
50 regular crunches
100 crunches side to side
50 scissors.
trained 3 different techniques,
quick triangle choke
basic triangle escape
advanced triangle escape
Sparring 20 min of class
6 min sparring with white belt* Laura 70% effort
6 min sparring with blue belt* Jimmy 80% effort (he's got weight the fact that he's a guy working for him)
8 min sparring with Black belt Junior Full effort, he kicks my butt

Work
I lifeguard at an indoor pool we walk the whole time. in about 85 degrees of heat. No A/C... 6 hours today...

Night BJJ class
10 min stretching/ warmup including
50 jumping jacks
50 tuck crunches
50 regular crunches
160 crunches side to side
50 scissors.
Techniques
Quick triangle chokes
Basic triangle escape
countering the omoplata* to omoplata reversal
Sparring 20 min of class
8 min sparring with blue belt* Jonathan 80% effort one of the guys
8 min sparring with gray belt* Mikey 40% effort (he's got weight the fact that he's a guy working for him)
was too tired, had no breaks all day and just absolutely gassed. I will admit I didn't eat right today and
paid for it dearly....

VikingWarlord
07-08-2010, 09:11 AM
You know, in the time I've known you, we've talked a lot about training but never actually HOW you train. This should be interesting.