07-07-2010, 05:28 PM
My last few training sessions on 5/3/1 have gone as follows:

Squat
405x3 (PR is 420x5)

Bench
255x4 (PR is 260x6)

Deadlift
505x0 (PR is 520x5)

This is the second week of my cycle, and i adjusted my numbers a little lower because I'm on vacation (my family takes a yearly trip to cape cod, MA for our reunion). I already think I know what the reason is--the rest of the week has been filled with lots of swimming, boogie boarding, laying out in the sun, beer drinking, and windsurfing. There were one or two days were I windsurfed for like foiur hours, which is pretty exhausting.Anyways I always made sure that I never did anything else real physical on the day I was lifting, and I tried to eat more, but I think my CNS is just fried from all of this. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Just getting burned up from lots of extra activities? Or such a MASSIVE drop in strength (my best deadlift is 570x1, and before this week, I think I was good for 590 because I was putting up some pretty massive numbers). My weight hasn't dropped either.

So, what should I do? I'm leaving for Santiago, Chile tomorrow and I'll have to search out a gym there. Should I just take a week off or just go light for awhile until I feel strong again then start another cycle?

Anyways, I guess I'm just pissed and looking for support.. I was creeping up on a 600 lb deadlift and it sucks to take such a big step backwards.

ScottYard
07-07-2010, 06:03 PM
RELAX................

One bad workout isnt the end all. I dont even train on vacation b.c of this. It never works well. Just rest and come back and get back to the gym. You arent weaker, You just arent able to perform. Its a difference.

joey54
07-07-2010, 06:41 PM
De-load, take your time off, and re-set your numbers by 10-20 lbs on all lifts to start back up when you do.

vdizenzo
07-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Take a deload week. Eat a ton, sleep a ton, and do whatever else you can to recuperate. Get adjusted to your new surroundings. Jump on a new cycle after the deload week and get back after it.