PDA

View Full Version : Potatoes at night

ten_ton
07-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy. I work a night shift and get home at midnight and like to have a steak and mashed potatoes. Then go to bed about 3 -4 hours later.

I've always heard that starches are bad to have at night as it just sits in your system and does not get burned. However in the morning when I wake I just hit up some protein and head to the gym, don't have the hunger for carbs. Is this hampering my efforts. My main goal is to cut and add a little bit of size. Thanks for any help guys!

Mercuryblade
07-08-2010, 12:43 PM
I've always heard that starches are bad to have at night as it just sits in your system and does not get burned.

Bunk.

Unless you're starting to really get into the low bf%, don't worry so much about nutrient timing.
I'm assuming you are just starting out?
Worry about your macronutrients first, count your calories, get in your protein and fat, and use carbs as necessary.

mickycrueser
07-10-2010, 01:21 AM
yes you can as long as you leave them soaking in water afterwards or they will go brown you dont necessarily have to put them in the fridge just as long as they are covered with water.

depotman
07-10-2010, 02:03 PM
yes you can as long as you leave them soaking in water afterwards or they will go brown you dont necessarily have to put them in the fridge just as long as they are covered with water.

Huh?

jackmartinn55
07-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Potato is a king of vegetable. But it is not so good for stomach. Specially at night potatoes is not good for health. So avoid potatoes items and vegetable in night. I can understand your problem. You have night shift job and you get home at midnight and you also like to eat potatoes so much. Sometime it is ok but in daily bases it is harmful to body.

Allen Cress
07-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Potato is a king of vegetable. But it is not so good for stomach. Specially at night potatoes is not good for health. So avoid potatoes items and vegetable in night. I can understand your problem. You have night shift job and you get home at midnight and you also like to eat potatoes so much. Sometime it is ok but in daily bases it is harmful to body.

Where did you come up with this logic as its complete non-sense. Not good for health!!??

Potatoes whether they are sweet, red, gold, etc... are a great source of carbs and nutrients. The main thing to consider is total calories and making sure you are in a deficit. Unless you are doing a bodybuilding contest having them at night is fine.

vdizenzo
07-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Allen, I love reading your advice.

Off Road
07-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Allen, I love reading your advice.
Any excuse to eat potatos? :clown: