PDA

View Full Version : Fruits- Can they be good and bad?

ganesh
07-09-2010, 04:24 AM
Hey Everyone!,

I know some fruits can be high in sugar, but i also know that fruit is necessary in our everyday diets. Is there some fruits one should avoid? Is there certain times when one should not eat fruits?

I've gotten used to eating 3-6 peices of fruit throughout the day

Alyion
07-09-2010, 08:42 AM
We've been eating fruit pretty much since the dawn of time, I wouldn't sweat it myslef - there is only a small amount of sugar in most fruit (per serving) anyways. I suppose there can be a case for slamming down mounds of tropical fruit, but there is nothing wrong with a few servings, which pack a bunch of fibre and micronutrients in them.

Holto
07-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Hey Everyone!,

I know some fruits can be high in sugar, but i also know that fruit is necessary in our everyday diets. Is there some fruits one should avoid? Is there certain times when one should not eat fruits?

I've gotten used to eating 3-6 peices of fruit throughout the day

I don't think they're high in sugar. High to me is a single piece with 20+g's. They are not necessary. There are 38 essential nutrients and there aren't any in fruit that aren't available in a litany of other sources.

Sean S
07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Provided they fit into your overall calorie and macronutrient goals you have, fruits are fine. I've yet to meet a fat person who got that way because they ate too much whole fruit. On the other hand, if you are cutting down for a bodybuilding contest or something similar then it's a whole different ballgame.

mickycrueser
07-10-2010, 12:26 AM
How too much fruit can make you fat! Thought plenty of grapes or apples will keep you healthy? Think again… Many of us believe that fruit can only be healthy and so make an effort to boost our intake carrying apples in our bags, eating grapes or bananas at our desk and trying to stick to fruit salad for dessert. But it seems some people are actually eating too much fruit, leading to health problems such as obesity, and to tooth decay.

jackmartinn55
07-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Food is good for body. There are so many types of food and each food has its own benefits. Calciums are available in banana. Apple is good for digest. Carrot is best for eye. Vitamin A are available in carrot. Water melon is good in summer heat. mango is also good in summer. Grapes are also good for health.

Codeguru
07-24-2010, 04:13 AM
I'm not sure what you are eating but as for me I make sure I eat a banana and an apple a day no matter what. The apple is just plain anti-oxidant insurance on top of all the other foods I eat, and the banana is for potassium to regulate my bowel movements (stool hardener), and it works like a charm too until I goto CiCi's Pizza and eat an entire buffalo chicken pizza. Plus I eat them both as one meal each so it helps me wrangle in more calorie control. I really don't think sugars are even worth thinking about in those amounts. And if you are worried about sugars as in gaining weight, I'm still losing weight eating those every day and have been for a while...

Codeguru

jack.19987
07-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Fruits are so good in our life. We can get protein, vitamin and so many things from the fruits. Our health be good if we are eating fruits. Provided they fit into your overall calorie.

K.Huget
07-24-2010, 09:11 AM
I think everybody should listen to Jack Martin, Mickey Crueser, and Jack 19987. Not only are they articulate, their advice is spot on.

Astreocclu
07-24-2010, 11:53 AM
If i dont eat an apple everyday i start to go a little crazy, extremely good at regulating blood sugar and just tastes damn good!

gmen5681
07-24-2010, 01:18 PM
i eat a ton a fruit. it keeps my energy up and it taste great. it helps curve a sweet tooth too. i eat grapes, kiwi, apples, bananas, melon, mango. i love fruit, it sits light in my stomach and it tastes so good. but too much of anything is bad for you.

Cleric
07-24-2010, 03:05 PM
I remember hearing about fruit juices like orange juice and apple juice had more calories and more sugar then a can off coke and sprite and stuff but i think if your actually eating the fruit you'll be fine.

Mercuryblade
07-26-2010, 03:21 PM
I remember hearing about fruit juices like orange juice and apple juice had more calories and more sugar then a can off coke and sprite and stuff but i think if your actually eating the fruit you'll be fine.

They are about the same.
It's amazing what thirty seconds on a calorie counter website will tell you.

joey54
07-26-2010, 05:40 PM
The closer a food is to its orignal state, usually the better. what better option than raw fruits and vegetables?

J.C.
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
The closer a food is to its original state, usually the better. what better option than raw fruits and vegetables?

Seeds? :clown:

HomelessTrainer
07-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Have you ever heard of anyone going from a size 28 to a size 34 waist line from eating apples all day long? No, it just doesn't happen.

Notorious
07-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Have you ever heard of anyone going from a size 28 to a size 34 waist line from eating apples all day long? No, it just doesn't happen.

That's because nobody eats apples all day long.

clivewilliam
11-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Fruits are always helpful to maintain the health as to loss the weight in the manner of the diet use. Another thing is that it helps to increase the inner energy and stamina level. To drink regular juice of the fruits helps to increase the glow of the skin and shinning of the hair & eyes.

Mercuryblade
11-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Fruits are always helpful to maintain the health as to loss the weight in the manner of the diet use. Another thing is that it helps to increase the inner energy and stamina level. To drink regular juice of the fruits helps to increase the glow of the skin and shinning of the hair & eyes.

I really want my shins to be hairier. Will the drinking juice for healthy wonderful body loss the weight help the energy aura?

JamesJo
12-01-2010, 04:34 AM
Try to search online which fruits that best match your blood type. There are certain fruits in which we think it's okay to eat but not really helpful for us because our metabolism is different.