PDA

View Full Version : How do you eat egg whites?

aj24
07-11-2010, 10:39 AM
This is a serious question, how do you eat only the egg whites. Do you cook them like eggs and just eat? Drink it raw? What do you do?

gmen5681
07-11-2010, 12:45 PM
i dry mine in the sun and then blend them into a powder, mix the powder with 100 proof whiskey and inject them directly into my blood.

i actually i hard boil my eggs and eat them that way. its the quickest simplest way for me. just hard boil 20 eggs and im good for 4 days.

VikingWarlord
07-11-2010, 03:38 PM
If you really need only the whites, hard boiling is the easiest way to deal with that. If you don't mind separating them, they scramble like whole eggs but have way less flavor.

Mercuryblade
07-11-2010, 04:11 PM
In my some fitness magazine my girlfriend bought there was a pizza recipe that used egg whites as the crust, haven't it, but it looks interesting.

soclydeza
07-11-2010, 04:15 PM
depends on how you wanna cook them. i used to make scrambled eggs with egg whites, in which i crack the egg and poor into a bowl and just use a spoon to take out the yolk. just try to keep the yolk from breaking while you take it out otherwise its a pain

J.C.
07-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I've heard of guys buying cartons of pasteurised egg whites, mixing it with a little full-fat milk and then drinking it. It's supposed to be like drinking cream.

Or you could just eat the whole egg. Throwing away the yolk seems like such a waste.

Joe Black
07-12-2010, 06:08 AM
I never consume egg whites, unless it is part of eating a whole egg in a recipe. (scrambled egg, ommeellette etc)

I have a hard enough job sticking to a clean diet as it is without making my job harder and consuming lots of horrible egg whites. I'd rather use a protein shake to bump up the protein grams in a clean way.

blownby
07-13-2010, 10:29 AM
scrambled.....crack the shell, drop the egg in the pan, scoop up the yolk w/ the shell halves & then strain any extra yolk off in the shell.....

IronDiggy
07-13-2010, 11:01 AM
I cook them with my eggs. Plop 5 eggs in the pan and add an extra few whites along with. Just cooks like really really big eggs.

Also for reasons that are completely unknown to me I tend to add an egg white worth to ground beef when I cook it. Just something I do.

seK
07-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I just pour half a box of whites into a pan with two eggs.

Pecosbill
07-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Separate the whites from the yolks by cracking the shell on the edge of the countertop and then split the shell in two pieces. Gently. Then pour the contents of the broken egg from one half of the shell into the other, allowing the white to drain off into the frying pan, while keeping the yolk in the shell. It takes a little practice, but you'll be able to do it in no time. Get your Mom to show you how, or do a Google search for pictures. Here's one website that shows the process: http://www.wikihow.com/Separate-an-Egg

After putting 5 or 6 whites in the frying pan, cut up some jalapeno peppers and some green peppers and mix them in with the whites. Then add a slice of no-fat (or low fat if you can't take the no-fat) cheese. A little salt and some pepper and you're ready to cook. As the egg whites cook the water in them evaporates. Keep turning and chopping the mixture as it cooks so that it doesn't scorch. I like to cook them until they are fairly dried out, as the wetter ones don't appeal to my taste buds.

Eat with one piece of whole wheat toast with imitation spray butter on it, and some skim milk and you've got a pretty tasty breakfast.

You can experiment with other things to add that don't add useless calories. Some folks like to add some cut up onions to the mix or other spices.

The Gasman UK
07-16-2010, 03:15 AM
After putting 5 or 6 whites in the frying pan, cut up some jalapeno peppers and some green peppers and mix them in with the whites. Then add a slice of no-fat (or low fat if you can't take the no-fat) cheese. A little salt and some pepper and you're ready to cook. As the egg whites cook the water in them evaporates. Keep turning and chopping the mixture as it cooks so that it doesn't scorch. I like to cook them until they are fairly dried out, as the wetter ones don't appeal to my taste buds.

Eat with one piece of whole wheat toast with imitation spray butter on it, and some skim milk and you've got a pretty tasty breakfast.

You can experiment with other things to add that don't add useless calories. Some folks like to add some cut up onions to the mix or other spices.

That doesn't sound very tasty at all lol. But probably good for a cutting diet.

VikingWarlord
07-16-2010, 07:17 AM
That doesn't sound very tasty at all lol. But probably good for a cutting diet.

I agree. I'm sure it's delicious if you're used to eating cardboard and styrofoam but as a cutting meal it's probably second to none.

J.C.
07-16-2010, 08:28 AM
I'd like to make that recipe with whole eggs, real cheese and real butter. Then wash it down with whole milk. That would be quite tasty. I've made similar things before and it's super good. Non-fat cheese sounds really suspicious, isn't that like an oxymoron?

aj24
07-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Hmm, lots of different ways then, thanks guys

Behemoth
07-17-2010, 11:47 AM
I buy them in the carton. After that I just nuke them

Sometimes with just salt pepper. Sometimes with chopped red onions and or jalapenos mixed in. Sometimes with reduced sugar ketchup. Sometimes with a slice of kraft fat free cheese melted on top. Sometimes any combinations of the above! Just ate some actually, mmmm!

Tip for when microwaving them. Don't do so in a plastic bowl or container. Always use hard dishes as they can be pretty difficult to clean off, but cleaning them off of plastic is the worst. I usually let my bowl soak for a while before even bothering to wash it.