PDA

View Full Version : Why don't I look any bigger?

rich
05-10-2002, 03:53 AM
Over the last 4 weeks I have been doing some bodybuilding and i have been eating like a horse to try and bulk out and lose my matchstick figure. I'm about 6ft 2in. At the beginning of the 4 weeks I was just 147lb. I have been weighing myself every day and today I reached 156.2lb. That's almost 10lb weight gain! So why do I look absolutely no different from before?

Bobarell
05-10-2002, 03:56 AM
After a month??? Give it some time man....you will see it.

Are you eating clean as well though?

rich
05-10-2002, 03:59 AM
Eating clean? Not really. I am not as focused on putting on tons of muscle as I am putting on fat right now. It would be nice to have a bit of fat on me before I go "full on" into bodybuilding.

HumanV
05-10-2002, 08:23 AM
What kind of lifts are you doing? How many reps? How many sets? How much recovery time? All this affects how you look.

fevan
05-10-2002, 08:54 AM
If all you want to do is get fat then eat lots of fast food. Exyra mayo and butter. drink some beer too.

MarshallPenn
05-10-2002, 08:59 AM
You want to put on fat? Why?

NateDogg
05-10-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by rich
Eating clean? Not really. I am not as focused on putting on tons of muscle as I am putting on fat right now. It would be nice to have a bit of fat on me before I go "full on" into bodybuilding.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ND

Tiare
05-10-2002, 10:47 AM
What are you using to judge if you look bigger? Did you take photographs? If so, post them and see if anyone here thinks you look any better/bigger.

rich
05-10-2002, 12:37 PM
I want to put on fat because I am skinny!!!

It's fine for you regular/fat people to talk about how bad fat is but when you look like a walking matchstick it's a whole different story. I had done my reading and I know people like me don't get any bigger without putting on fat as well as muscle.

Tiare: I have asked several other people and they all say I look the same (and that's what the mirror tells me too)

Shao-LiN
05-10-2002, 11:52 PM
It's only been a month. But if all you want to do is get fatter, eat whatever the hell yah want and be a couch potato =).

Reinier
05-11-2002, 06:43 AM
you dont stop being skinny by getting fat, assclown.

that only makes you skinny and soft and pudgy and you will just look like major ****.

InferiorDesign
05-11-2002, 06:48 AM
simply becuase your not training hard enough, and eating like a bull

rich
05-11-2002, 09:18 AM
"you dont stop being skinny by getting fat"

haha.. that's the one of the stupidest things i've ever heard

congratulations.

MarshallPenn
05-11-2002, 09:28 AM
rich - I think you know what he meant -- your on a body building forum!

"I had done my reading and I know people like me don't get any bigger without putting on fat as well as muscle."

You better start reading something else, b/c you don't need to add fat to put on muscle, you need to add muscle.

smalls
05-11-2002, 10:38 AM
Rich,
You dont look any different because it's only been a month. Keep gaining and you will slowly look bigger/better. Just eat a ton, and make sure you getting lots of protein, hitting the iron hard and recovering, so you put on muscle as well as fat. Gain weight however you like, you will just be happier with the results if you put on a good combo of fat and muscle.

Tru
05-11-2002, 10:48 AM
If you have low body fat, you'll look bigger than you are. I have small joints and stuff--skinny--well, use to be. I've put on a little muscle and I look a lot bigger than I really aim. I'm not going for the massive freaky BB look though..