PDA

View Full Version : ****ty deadlift lockout (video)

OGROK
07-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Anyone have any ideas for what I can do to improve my lockout here? I always seem to have a lot of trouble with the last inch or two

F-YCQaUgcPo

fpr
07-14-2010, 09:59 PM
rack pullz

Brian Hopper
07-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Rack pulls or block pulls. Also when the bar starts to pass your knees try to throw your hips forward.

Mad Max
07-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Rack pulls, like the guys above said.

Also, the glutes are heavily involved in the lock out. I never stop advocating glute activation work (google it, if you don't already know what I'm talking about). Who knows, maybe a few sets of glute bridges before you max it is all it takes.

borracho
07-19-2010, 04:32 PM
glute bridges/BB hip thrusts maybe? There was a really good DL article not too long ago over here...

edit: I stopped being lazy (http://www.wannabebig.com/training/deadlift-5-plates-like-a-champion/)

joey54
07-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Og, I know I said it in your journal, but I really think it is just a matter of warming up to this weight. You pulled 560 lbs right before that, and the attempt before that off the top of my head was 525? Then you pulled 570 after right? Just a matter of getting stronger and training smarter. Rack pulls won't hurt obviously, but your lockout is not such a weak point right now where it needs to be trained specifically. Just continue with what you are doing, and you are going to blow past 600 in the next month or so.