PDA

View Full Version : Cappucino's for post-workout?

04-25-2001, 02:44 PM
Tell me if this drink would be a viable post workout insulin spike.

Tim Horton's Iced Cappucino. A 10oz drink has 158kcal, 2.5g protein, 34g carbs, 1.4g fat, and 75mg of caffeine.

In the 34g of carbs I believe it contains 30-34g of
sugar.

It also has 75mg of caffeine. Would this little bit of caffeine be a bonus since I'm cutting and caffeine is known to slightly stimulate the metabolism?

These drinks are oh so cool and tasty during the hot weather. :cool:
I would still take my whey protein with it.

What do you guys think. Acceptable for post-workout insuline spike while trying to shed body fat, or no?

Spiderman
04-25-2001, 04:00 PM
Av,
From the looks of it I think it would be fine for a post-workout drink. Enjoy bro! :cool:

04-25-2001, 09:08 PM
Does anyone else have an opinion?

YatesNightBlade
04-26-2001, 01:30 AM
Sucrose is not the best form of suger for a Insulins spike. Glucose/Dextrose is better. And why the Caffeine ? Your metabolism will already have been speeded up from the workout. Only time I take Caffeine, for training purposes is in a morning before cardio as it helps to maintain Gyclogen stores.

I'd just buy some Dextrose powder and save your money .... not as tasty as cappucino but ...... :o

Pup
04-27-2001, 06:26 AM
Yates,
why isn't sucrose as good as glucose, its just a polymer of glucose molecules, does the reactions that break down the sucrose make it less effective for an insulin spike than glucose?

YatesNightBlade
04-27-2001, 06:35 AM
Yes. It slows it down. Not as much as something like fructose. I would say Sucrose is ok to create a natural Insulin Spike, But Glucose it a better choice.

Anything to add Monte ?

Cackerot69
04-29-2001, 02:30 PM
Maltodextrin and whey = perfect.