PDA

View Full Version : Front squat form check

Kevin K
07-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Since I received some great advice from my last thread, I decided to post a video of some front squats from this morning. How does my form look? I can feel the weight move forward as I come out of the hole. Is that normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb7MluYryMk

Rugby Dad
07-17-2010, 03:28 PM
looks ok, but your camera is too close
pull camera back some so we can see your full body thru out the lift

Fuzzy
07-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Since I received some great advice from my last thread, I decided to post a video of some front squats from this morning. How does my form look? I can feel the weight move forward as I come out of the hole. Is that normal?

Notice how your head is angled back? Keep it so that the neck is a bit straighter. I was having a very similar problem to you and was also getting knocked out quite badly until my coach poked my head forward. This doesnt mean look down, but just keep the angle of the head moderate rather than up so high.

Kevin K
07-17-2010, 05:57 PM
looks ok, but your camera is too close
pull camera back some so we can see your full body thru out the lift

The camera's sitting on a seat for a pedal bike and the only thing around that works good for a camera stand.

Notice how your head is angled back? Keep it so that the neck is a bit straighter. I was having a very similar problem to you and was also getting knocked out quite badly until my coach poked my head forward. This doesnt mean look down, but just keep the angle of the head moderate rather than up so high.

Oh, Ok. So just look straight ahead and I'll be good?