PDA

View Full Version : Protein Bars

SaintStephen
05-10-2002, 10:00 AM
I have been taste testing a couple of different protein bars.. does anyone have any recommendations for a decent tasting one and a good place to purchase in bulk?

Paul Stagg
05-10-2002, 10:11 AM
My current favorite is Universal's Animal Snak.

You can get them at netrition.

raniali
05-10-2002, 12:01 PM
My fav is ISS Pro 42 - they are yummy sweet (which is good if you suffer from a sweet tooth like myself) with 42-44 g protein and 11-13 g carbs. Do NOT buy from the ISS website! A good deal can be found at www.nutritionexpress.com (which is a very competitive supplier for almost ANYTHING you need).

Dann
05-10-2002, 12:43 PM
I like BioProtein bar , but they have alot of sugar, which is ok for bulking, but they taste really really good.

Dann

ericg
05-10-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by raniali
My fav is ISS Pro 42 - they are yummy sweet (which is good if you suffer from a sweet tooth like myself) with 42-44 g protein and 11-13 g carbs. Do NOT buy from the ISS website! A good deal can be found at www.nutritionexpress.com (which is a very competitive supplier for almost ANYTHING you need).

raniali:

fyi, dps nutrition is a bit cheaper with there prices. Check them out.:

http://dpsnutrition.com/default.asp

Oh ya, nice website !!

Relentless
05-10-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by raniali

Yeah but don't buy the Lemon Delight flavour. Tastes like dishsoap. This is the only flavour of ISS Pro42 I tried, but it soured me on the brand.

Labrada cookies & cream is some of the best tasting low-carb bars I've ever had.

I've also had the BioProtein bars Dann mentions; they taste awfully good but they're def high in sugar. Fair # of carbs too, without a mass amount of protein (20-odd grams, IIRC)

Callahan

Savannah
05-10-2002, 01:56 PM
2 new ones in today are a low carb promax bar and one by Ansi called Mega Protein. I sampled a bite of a mega protein in a chocolate vanilla flavour and it was one of the best I have ever tried. It actually had some layers in it too!
Gonna try a low carb promax bar later I think but we were kinda bothered by the second ingrediet listed..... hydrolyzed beef protein ......... not that I mind. I like beef:)

ElPietro
05-10-2002, 02:05 PM
nitrotech bars taste gud

Savannah
05-10-2002, 05:46 PM
hmmm promax low carb bars are not bad, but there's more an after taste.