THURSDAY: Rugby
FRIDAY: Lifting
SATURDAY: Rest
SUNDAY: Nothing - but I wanted to put a day of sprint work in:

2x5 pressups-to-sprints (15m)
3x5 flying 20s
5x30m flat out
5x60m flat out

I'm currently one of the fastest forwards on my rugby team, but I feel like running a 14.65s 100m still isn't quite good enough. And there's never any harm in getting faster if your looking for a try oppurtunity.

I'm also one of the few forwards who can sidestep and line-break, so if I could accelerate better after being able to break the lines, it could be a 5 or possibly 3 pointer for my team.

So is that OK to do one day a week?

willhu12
07-16-2010, 07:41 AM
errrrrm, is it also ok to do low intensity plyos on weds. and fri.?

willhu12
07-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Anyone? Any input at all?

joemeglio
07-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Your 14 years old? If so focus on getting stronger and increasing your work capacity. Do you play any other sports either competitive or recreational?

THIS IS HOW MY WEEK LOOKS:
MONDAY: Lifting
TUESDAY: Rugby training
WEDNESDAY: Lifting
THURSDAY: Rugby
FRIDAY: Lifting
SATURDAY: Rest
SUNDAY: Nothing - but I wanted to put a day of sprint work in:

2x5 pressups-to-sprints (15m)
3x5 flying 20s
5x30m flat out
5x60m flat out

I'm currently one of the fastest forwards on my rugby team, but I feel like running a 14.65s 100m still isn't quite good enough. And there's never any harm in getting faster if your looking for a try oppurtunity.

I'm also one of the few forwards who can sidestep and line-break, so if I could accelerate better after being able to break the lines, it could be a 5 or possibly 3 pointer for my team.

So is that OK to do one day a week?

Travis Bell
07-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Anyone? Any input at all?

I'd spend more time focusing on improving your lifting program and use that extra day for rest.

You're doing a LOT of work already for a 14 yo. I'd just give yourself a bit more time to develop

willhu12
07-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Your 14 years old? If so focus on getting stronger and increasing your work capacity. Do you play any other sports either competitive or recreational?

Well, rugby is really the only one. Maybe basketball at school.

seK
07-21-2010, 08:30 AM
My only suggestions would be to make sure you are eating a lot to ensure you are not starving yourself unknowingly and make sure you get plenty of rest.

Other than that I really can't make any more suggestions without knowing what you are doing for lifting.

willhu12
07-22-2010, 05:57 AM
my only suggestions would be to make sure you are eating a lot to ensure you are not starving yourself unknowingly and make sure you get plenty of rest.

Other than that i really can't make any more suggestions without knowing what you are doing for lifting.

week 1
mon:
Squat-bench-dead-dips
wed:
F.squat-milt-clean-pullups
fri:
Squat-bench-dead-dips

week 2:
Mon:
F.squat-milt-clean-pullups
wed:
Squat-incline-deadlift-dips