PDA

View Full Version : 475 RAW bench today at 246.5 bw

jmccown
07-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Heading out tomorrow for a much needed vacation so decided to pull the crew together for a mid afternoon Sunday chest workout since I know I won't have access to a decent weight room this week. Worked up to a new PR on bench @475 RAW for a single. Felt like I had more in the tank but wanted to leave on a good note and giving me a goal to shoot for next week. Working towards my goal of a 500 raw bench this year. BW this morning was 246.5 a little heavier than my norm. 4" PVC under small of my back to help with arch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrJ-O8PopIU

vdizenzo
07-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Nice job, however, you are capable of much more. First, why didn't you get a handoff? Second, you had happy feet when you took the weight out. Last, you flared your elbows immediately.

IronDiggy
07-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Looked like the pvc pipe was actually shifting hie weight which made his feet lift... Nice lift but you did look too loose. I wouldn't use that pvc for working sets either.

jmccown
07-19-2010, 01:11 AM
I didn't notice my happy feet till I watched the video but I'd say it was a balance issue with getting set, ultimately from the PVC. Taking handoffs is something I'm not use to yet. I'm normally working out alone but these guys have been steady working out for over a month so far I guess it's time to start working handoffs. In meets I usually unrack myself too.