PDA

View Full Version : Platform/Block Deadlifts as related to shoulder / lower back problems?.

00smita
07-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Has anyone gotten any info/experience on the adverse effects of doing block deadlifts with moderate weight [250+lbs]?

I've tried googling the exercise, but the most I've gotten on most websites is "is great to use to improve ROM for deadlifting in competition."

Sensei
07-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Has anyone gotten any info/experience on the adverse effects of doing block deadlifts with moderate weight [250+lbs]?

I've tried googling the exercise, but the most I've gotten on most websites is "is great to use to improve ROM for deadlifting in competition."

Too much vagueness in your post to comment - "moderate" is relative and what kind of shoulder/lower back issues are you concerned with?

IMHO, if you are having lower back issues, then lighter weight RDLs with minimal lower back flexion and with a grip width that doesn't aggravate the shoulder might be an option. If you are pounding your lower back w. any kind of DL, instead of using your glutes and hams, then it won't matter and you need to relearn how to DL.