PDA

View Full Version : Waterloading and Opticen(sodium)

bhodel112
07-20-2010, 05:00 PM
So, NJ state PL championships (USAPL) are next saturday and I've got some weight I could lose. I want to try water loading on top of some HIIT sprinting. I by no means have to lose the weight but my lifts aren't exactly amazing and they use the wilkes so if I can lose some extra l.b.'s, and keep my lifts in the same place- I'd like to. Next week I want to replace some meals with Opticen. I use 2 scoops as is but that's 185g of sodium a shake. My question is- How much sodium should I have each day since I know I am supposed to avoid it? Is Opticen too much? Thanks in advance guys.

Allen Cress
07-20-2010, 06:19 PM
So, NJ state PL championships (USAPL) are next saturday and I've got some weight I could lose. I want to try water loading on top of some HIIT sprinting. I by no means have to lose the weight but my lifts aren't exactly amazing and they use the wilkes so if I can lose some extra l.b.'s, and keep my lifts in the same place- I'd like to. Next week I want to replace some meals with Opticen. I use 2 scoops as is but that's 185g of sodium a shake. My question is- How much sodium should I have each day since I know I am supposed to avoid it? Is Opticen too much? Thanks in advance guys.

Taking out sodium is a huge mistake! Sodium should be high year round especially for performance athletes. Even my bodybuilders keep their sodium levels up during contest prep. If you need to loose some weight just reduce you calorie intake.

bhodel112
07-20-2010, 10:51 PM
ok, thanks for the insight