PDA

View Full Version : Opticen for cutting?

SW
07-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Reviewing the product on ALN.com, it suggests it can be used as a meal replacement. Is it intended primarily to help retain lbm while on a caloric deficit? I also see where you could go PWO as it says. With all of those vitamins it looks like that and a piece of fruit or a cup of cottage cheese would really be top stuff when cutting. Well, Chris, is that where it's best used (wanting to pick your brain)?

Joe Black
07-23-2010, 01:11 AM
I have used Opticen both both cutting and gaining.

When I am gaining I use it for post workout (I normally add a large banana to bump the carbs up to 60g) and also as a meal replacement on my high carb days.

When I am cutting, I use it for post workout still, I just skip the extra carbs and tend not to use it for a meal replacement as I get deeper into cutting as my overall carbs got very low at some points.

SO really it;s about fitting it in with your numbers, but you;re correct in that it can fit into either goal as look as you consider the macros.

SW
07-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the answer sir! So it's pretty versatile depending on what you add. I have an impending cut. I like it. Ordering today. Good to hear from you Dan.

Joe Black
07-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Thanks SW!

Opticen's macro content actually makes it really good for either purpose. Proteins not the issue because on a cut you're going to have protein up there anyway.

The carbs are low enough to use post workout even if on a low carb diet (I only had to cut it out towards the very end and I was VERY low carb - think 30 carbs a day) and you can simply add any carbs you need to if bulking.

Plus it feels like a treat when dieting, especially in vanilla lol ;)

SW
08-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Got my opticen, great delivery time and the strawberry tastes just fine. Mixes extremely well. Can't say anything bad at all.

chris mason
08-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Excellent! Thank you!

SW
08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Just giving my honest assessment, Chris! My fiance is using it for a meal replacement for 1 meal per day as well. She adjusted surprisingly well to an all liquid meal. I have been easing her into my ways HAHAHA.

Sits really well on the stomach as well. Probably order some vanilla next month as 2 people drinking it every day is lowering our supply! Just wanted to say it's good stuff guys!

chris mason
08-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Well, thanks again! Just an FYI, chocolate Opticen is my favorite tasting of all of our products.

Lones Green
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
I used Opticen shakes as meal replacement while dropping weight. I dropped around 30 pounds

HomelessTrainer
08-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I used Opticen shakes as meal replacement while dropping weight. I dropped around 30 pounds

I'm currently using Opticen on my cut as well, plus a ton of cardio and it's working wonders.