PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice on my current diet

C2BL
07-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Hi. First post wow I'm a virgin on this website. My training partner uses this website so I had a look around and figured this is the real deal so I thought I would ask for some advice on my current diet. I'm trying to bulk and have been trying now for a few months, but I seem to be stuck. I'll give you some stats about myself first:

Height: 173cm
Weight: 74.5kgs = 164lbs

I have been training for roughly 16-17 months (with a few break periods in this time) but have been training solid for the past 3 months (5 days a week).

My diet currently looks like this:

Breakfast:
2 whole eggs
2 pieces of wholemeal toast
Small bowl of oatmeal

Gym:
Post-workout shake (Max's mass gainer)

Lunch:
300g piece of steak with salad
OR
185g tin of tuna with salad

Dinner:
Whatever my ethnic mother cooks up - usually consists of chicken/steak/fish with potatoes and vegetables

Evening Meal:
Tin of tuna with salad
OR
Leftover dinner
OR
Fetta cheese sandwiches with salad

Before bed:
Max's Supersize Shake

I am pleased that over the 16 or so months that I have been training I have packed on around 11kg. My body type is quite lean. But I now seem to be stuck at the 74ish (164lb) mark. My goal is to hit 80kg (176lbs).

Anyone who can point out areas of my diet where I need improvement or assist me in any way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Let me add that I'm currently training on the HCT-12 program from this very website, as my training partner recommended it. It seems to be working very well and I am successfully progressing in this regard.

Cheers

Chris

Dallen Hall
07-24-2010, 02:31 AM
Milk, and lots of it.

geordie1986
07-24-2010, 03:24 AM
are you tracking calories? If your not and youve stalled in your weight gain it may be a good idea to start tracking more accurately what you eat to ensure your eating sufficiently over your maintenance level to gain weight.