PDA

View Full Version : Father / Son Combos Win at AWPC Worlds

mastermonster
07-25-2010, 02:29 PM
World competition veterans Dick and Zack Zenzen of Zenzen Barbell in Illinois, and World comp newcomers Johnny and Josh Thrasher of Monster Barbell in Alabama all won their divisions at the 2010 AWPC World Championships in Palm Beach Gardens, Fl. during the July 16-18th weekend. Both Dick and Zack are multiple World Champions and World and American record holders. This was Johnny and Josh's 1st World's win.
58 year old Dick Zenzen totaled 672.5 Kg to win the 110 Kg. M4 and Police and Fire divisions. 22 year old Zack Zenzen totaled 772.5 Kg. in winning the Jr. 100 Kg. division. 42 year old and former pro softball player Johnny Thrasher totaled 555 Kg. to win the SHW M1 division. 12 year old Josh Thrasher took the 13-15 Teen 52 Kg. win with a 155 Kg. total. Johnny and Josh started training only 3 months ago when Johnny joined his son Josh in the gym who is training for Jr. High Football this season at Southside High School.

Submitted by Buddy McKee / Coach of Team Monster Barbell

ScottYard
07-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Thats really cool.

I hope when my kids get older they get interested in powerlifting. it teaches kids so many life lessons for outside of the gym.

ThomasG
07-26-2010, 04:45 PM
One of the reasons I'm most excited to have kids is so I can train them haha.

mastermonster
07-30-2010, 12:29 AM
I keep hoping one of my daughters will take an interest in powerlifting. They were all great athletes in H.S. and very strong in the weight room. My son-in-law is powerlifting with us and that is great! It's fun watching how Johnny and Josh are progressing and enjoying this together!