PDA

View Full Version : Monster Barbell update / Got a Monolift and Lat Pulldown!

mastermonster
07-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Good things are happening at Monster Barbell! Last weekend our Father / son combo, Johnny and Josh Thrasher; won their divisions at AWPC Worlds. We had a great time at the meet run by Amy Jackson and Kierran Kidder. It was my 1st time to go to a meet and only coach and that was pretty cool! Johnny went 6-9 and Josh 7-9 and both topped even their best gym lifts in Squat, BP, and DL! Gamers!

This past week was mostly spent acquiring a monolift, lat pull machine, 2 DB racks and 2 smaller Plate racks along with 8 Ivanko 45s. The smaller plate racks take up much less floor space than the one HUGE one we had. It actually saved enough room to put the lat pulldown in! The monolift is a Seguins (the ones Gary Pendergrass used to make in Texas) It is the easiest to take down and put up I've ever seen. It uses 2 long ram jacks instead of one bottle jack but that's a pretty good trade off for the ease of transporting this design. We also got a nice Universal Centurion leg press on the way back from AWPC Worlds that I'd bought on auction the week before. This will be a good piece to concentrate on keeping the quads developed since we all squat wider stance which doesn't doesn't effect them as much as I'd like. It is a selectorized stack piece that goes to 1020 lbs. (It was a bear to move! They used a forklift to put it on my truck!) The pulldown machine is also Universal and stack loaded so that gives us quick and convenient assistance work capability. Hope we'll be back at it and settled in with the new stuff starting Monday. I'll post some pics next week hopefully!

vdizenzo
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Sounds like the gym is coming along nicely. Congrats.

IRBS
07-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Glad the Mono worked out for you (this is Will, I'm the guy Ki called for you to talk to about it).

Beverly McD.
07-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Proud for you Buddy.
Tell Johnny and Josh congratulations for me!

mastermonster
07-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Sounds like the gym is coming along nicely. Congrats.

It's almost 100% now! Thanks Vinnie!

mastermonster
07-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Glad the Mono worked out for you (this is Will, I'm the guy Ki called for you to talk to about it).

Thanks Will! Thanks for the advice on the jack. We found one at a good price on the internet. You were right. Cheaper to buy new than to repair.

mastermonster
07-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Proud for you Buddy.
Tell Johnny and Josh congratulations for me!

Thanks Bev! I'll tell them. They are both so fired up I couldn't keep them out of the gym this week. So I just let them jump right into getting ready for Garry's meet on 9-11!

AJ Roberts
07-27-2010, 12:10 AM
It's always nice to have a monolift. Can't believe I used to walk weights out with bands back in college.

mastermonster
07-28-2010, 12:33 AM
It's always nice to have a monolift. Can't believe I used to walk weights out with bands back in college.

A.J., you are definately better at walking them out than me if you could walk out with bands!

bojackson
07-29-2010, 12:26 PM
sounds good buddy. glad the gym is working out for you. i might try to slide by their before the GA meet in september. football season is rolling so my time is pressed, as is my energy, diet and everything else. if i cant get by, im sure ill run into you at the GA meet. good luck!

mastermonster
07-30-2010, 12:23 AM
sounds good buddy. glad the gym is working out for you. i might try to slide by their before the GA meet in september. football season is rolling so my time is pressed, as is my energy, diet and everything else. if i cant get by, im sure ill run into you at the GA meet. good luck!

Thanks! Let me know if you can make it. Good luck with the team. Football season does get crazy! I could hardly fit anything else in when I was coaching.

bojackson
07-30-2010, 12:41 PM
yea ill be in touch. got a few questions for ya...talk to you soon