PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for chalk

Hazerboy
07-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Im lifting weights for the next two months in santiago, chile, and I lost my chalk in my trip beforehand and have no straps. any good ideas for a good replacement? i was thinking of finding a rock climbing store and picking some up somewheres around here but I highly doubt one exists in this area, even in the US most of that stuff has all moved online. someone suggested to me picking up some regular school chalk, as an ok substitute? anyone have any experience with this?

seK
07-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Im lifting weights for the next two months in santiago, chile, and I lost my chalk in my trip beforehand and have no straps. any good ideas for a good replacement? i was thinking of finding a rock climbing store and picking some up somewheres around here but I highly doubt one exists in this area, even in the US most of that stuff has all moved online. someone suggested to me picking up some regular school chalk, as an ok substitute? anyone have any experience with this?

Do you have a college or school nearby that teaches gymnastics? I am sure they would be willing to sell you some.

jtteg_x
07-28-2010, 01:10 PM
My buddy uses school chalk (blackboard chalk) cause it doesn't leave a mess. It seem to work well for him.

sbirgel
07-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I just bought some sidewalk chalk from walmart and break the sticks in half and put them in a little plastic bag... works out pretty well for me

dynamo
07-28-2010, 06:41 PM
in my mad attempts to finish my sets I found just using two dry rags, one in each hand, worked well. Maybe not a permanent solution but helped when I was in a bind.

tom183
07-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Blackboard chalk is more time consuming but does the job in my experience.