PDA

View Full Version : Diet and Supp HELP

TTUTT
08-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Hola! So the purpose of this post is to find any and all flaws in both my diet and supplement regime. I just started my bulking phase on 12 JUL 10 and Iím getting good results. Started at 169lbs @ 8% BF and as of 29 JUL 10 Iím 172lbs @ 8% BF. My macro-nutrient ratios are currently 30% Protein/50% Carbs/20% Fat. My numbers for a 5ft 9in @ 172lbs dude look like this:

Calorie intake per day: 3502
Number of meals: 7
Calories per Meal: 500
Protein per meal: 37g
Carbs per meal: 62g
Fat per meal: 11g

A typical day in the life of Trav look like this:

Meal #1:
1 scoop of Whey (Optimum Nutrition)
ĺ C Oats
8oz Skim Milk
1 Tablespoon of Natural Peanut butter

Meal#2:
6oz Chicken Breast
1C Brown Rice
1-1/3C Vegetables
Fish Oil (2 EA)
Animal Test (On day 14 of 42)

(PRE): Jack3d

Meal #3: (POST)
8oz Skim Milk
1 Medium Banana
G2 Gatorade w/ 5g creatine monohydrate
Opti-Men Multi (Optimum Nutrition)
Beta-Alinine

Meal #4:
6oz Tuna
1-1/2 C of Plain Shredded Wheat
Flax Seed Oil (1 Tab)

Meal #5:
ĺ C Oats
8oz Skim Milk

Meal #6:
6 oz Tilapia
1C Brown Rice
1-1/3C Vegetables
Flax Seed Oil (1 Tab)

Meal #7:
1 scoop of Casein (Optimum Nutrition)
8oz Skim Milk

(BEFORE BED): ZMA

I utilize an application called Lose IT, itís great. I was able to input everything I consume into the program; allowing me to track EVERYTHING to the T haha. So there it is. Please pick it apart and add your comments! Thanks

Allen Cress
08-01-2010, 04:40 PM
The diet looks good. As far as supplements ZMA is a waste. The recommended level of zinc is 8-11 mg and consuming ZMA there is usually 30 mg in a serving and high doses have been shown to have negative effects on immune cells. Also the absorption rate is lower when consuming higher amounts of zinc. In a study done individiuals were given 16.5 mg of zinc from food and absoption was 25% when it was reduced to 5.5mg the absorp[tion rate increased to 53% (J Nutr 1985; 115;1, 345-1)

So on a well balanced diet no extra supplementation is needed. This gioes foir extra viatmins such as E and C as well.

TTUTT
08-01-2010, 05:39 PM
The diet looks good. As far as supplements ZMA is a waste. The recommended level of zinc is 8-11 mg and consuming ZMA there is usually 30 mg in a serving and high doses have been shown to have negative effects on immune cells. Also the absorption rate is lower when consuming higher amounts of zinc. In a study done individiuals were given 16.5 mg of zinc from food and absoption was 25% when it was reduced to 5.5mg the absorp[tion rate increased to 53% (J Nutr 1985; 115;1, 345-1)

So on a well balanced diet no extra supplementation is needed. This gioes foir extra viatmins such as E and C as well.

Yeah, I started taking ZMA back in April. I found a lot of good AND bad information on the product. I just figured that it couldnít hurt to at least try it for myself (in search of a testosterone boost). Because of the other supplements that Iím currently taking, itís hard to pin point if itís actually working or not. Either way I have about 2 more weeks left of the stuff and Iím done with it.
Now as far as protein goes, would it be better to go with a blend or Whey for daily use? I understand that they both have their ups and downs, but overall which would be better?

Allen Cress
08-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I started taking ZMA back in April. I found a lot of good AND bad information on the product. I just figured that it couldnít hurt to at least try it for myself (in search of a testosterone boost). Because of the other supplements that Iím currently taking, itís hard to pin point if itís actually working or not. Either way I have about 2 more weeks left of the stuff and Iím done with it.
Now as far as protein goes, would it be better to go with a blend or Whey for daily use? I understand that they both have their ups and downs, but overall which would be better?

It honestly doesn't matter and the difference is insignificant and won't make a difference in your results . Try not to over analyze and just train hard and be consistent .