PDA

View Full Version : odd email from atlarge

gmen5681
08-01-2010, 12:16 PM
just got an email with the sender "atlargenutrition.com" <contact@atlargenutrition.com>
here is what it looks like:

EMAIL BODY REMOVED.

just wondering what is going on with this? i know james woods has nothing to do with atlarge so who is this guy?

HomelessTrainer
08-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Obviously a fake, not really into the tech thing but AL might have gotten hacked. Haven't received an e-mail like that from them but Chris or Daniel should be on here at some point. I would forward the e-mail directly to them so they can have a hard copy and investigate from there.

gmen5681
08-01-2010, 01:37 PM
if they chime in here and want me to i would be more than happy to forward it to them.

chris mason
08-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Yep, we already took care of it. Thanks for the heads-up!

gmen5681
08-01-2010, 04:06 PM
no problem

Joe Black
08-02-2010, 12:49 AM
gmen, thanks for making us aware.

I removed the message you pasted, just because I didn;t want anyone to click the links.

Here is an email we just sent out to all of our customers yesterday:

Fake Spam Emails

Hi there,

We’ve been made aware of an attempt by someone who is sending out spam emails that are made to look as if they have come from us.

The title of the email is ‘New men's healts pills at our store’ and the body of the email contains information about a pharmacy store.

If you receive such an email, please ignore and delete it – this is not an official email from us.

We have had our technical systems checked to ensure they are as secure as possible and everything looks fine. We have also changed all of our admin passwords to be on the safe side.

Just to assure you, in any case we do not store any credit card data, so there is absolutely no possible way such information can be compromised.

Thanks,

Daniel Clough and Chris Mason