PDA

View Full Version : Swiss bar

Ripe1
08-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Hello everyone! Yesterday got my hands on a mock swiss bar. I mainly played with it doing floor presses and some rows. What do you guys use it for? Any injuries it's good for rehabbing, ME exercise, bands, chains? Or do I just let it lay on the floor in the corner or use it as a clothes hanger?

NordicMan
08-04-2010, 07:52 AM
I must admit to ignorance of what a Swiss bar is. Made in Switzerland, I take it.

Pete22
08-04-2010, 08:02 AM
I must admit to ignorance of what a Swiss bar is. Made in Switzerland, I take it.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/swiss-multi-bar-400.jpg

AdamBAG
08-04-2010, 08:14 AM
You can use it for all kinds of things. We use our version (Multi-function Bar made by Strength and Power Equipment Company) for various max effort exercises. Several guys really like it for overhead pressing work because the neutral grip is easier on the shoulders than a straight bar.

mastermonster
08-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Training for the only Strongman meet I did I used it to train for the log lift. If you don't have the actual apparatus it's a good substitute. I only drove over to Georgia a couple of times to train on the comp. log. I did pretty well on that event. I've never used one for anything else.

Ripe1
08-04-2010, 01:58 PM
One thing I noticed right away is that after a few months of using it pretty regularly my wrists should be a lot stronger. It takes some stabilizing to keep it from landing on your head.

jtteg_x
08-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I wish I had one of those, could do many things.
rows, bench, hammer curl, OH press, hang it over a rack and do neutral grip pull/chin ups, shoulder raises, etc