PDA

View Full Version : Big, Bold, Breakfasts

Kiff
08-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi all,

My diet has picked up a lot recently, i think i am no the right track. One problem i do find i have is getting enough food inside me for breakfast.

I get up for work at 4:30AM, so cooking and clanging around is not really doable in a house full of sleeping people, i am only getting some Oats and Yoghurt in me for breakfast and then struggling to get the rest of my calories in once i get to work etc etc.

Anyone got any simple but big breakfasts they eat that dont involve a cooker or too much prep time, obviously the later i can get up the better, 4:30AM is a nasty time to get up anyway ;)

Thanks in advance

Kiff

geordie1986
08-04-2010, 01:57 PM
I can never be bothered to cook in the morning, so my breakfast is normaly a big bowl of muesli, glass of juice, a banana and a shake that normaly adds up to 1000 calories and sets me up nicely for the rest of the day.

tom183
08-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Shakes. If blending in the morning is too noisy, prepare it the night before.

Kiff
08-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Cheers for the replies guys, i may just add a shake to aan extra portion of oats and chuck some yoghurt in or something...

Behemoth
08-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Shakes. If blending in the morning is too noisy, prepare it the night before.

That would be my advice too.

Or just use a shaker.

Other options could be:

microwave some eggs and cheese.
breakfast cereals
toaster pastries
fruit
dennys grand slam
yogurt
extra milk and/or juice

Joe Black
08-06-2010, 01:36 AM
As the guys have already said, shakes will help - nail a Maximus (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=18) or Opticen (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=2) each morning alongside your breakfast and you will net an extra 616 (Maximus) or 372 (Opticen) calories and thats whe mixed with water. Drink them with whole milk and it will be more. Plus with Maximus and Opticen you will be getting QUALITY calories, not just a bunch of sugar.

You could mix up 4 eggs with whole milk/cheese for some calorie dense scrambled egg/cheese.

More oats ;)

Make sure your yoghurt is as calorie dense as possible and mix it with fruit.

Peanut butter is also pretty calorie dense, so if you like that 3-4 table spoons is a quick and easy way to pack on calories.

J.C.
08-06-2010, 03:36 AM
You could make peanut butter sandwiches the night before and leave them in the fridge ready. Down them with a pint of milk. I did this when I worked construction last year and had a lot of early starts. Sometimes it can be hard to make yourself eat something that dense when you've just woken up though.

mikhails
08-06-2010, 09:00 AM
That would be my advice too.

Or just use a shaker.

Other options could be:

microwave some eggs and cheese.
breakfast cereals
toaster pastries
fruit
dennys grand slam
yogurt
extra milk and/or juice

I second that

Kiff
08-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Sorry for the slackness in replies guys.

Thank you everyone for your help,

I am going to go out and get stuff at the weekend, yoghurt sounds good to me, JC you point about dense food that early is a good one, yoghurt does seem a good alternate option.

Gonna chuck some more oats in too as Daniel suggest.

Thanks everyone.

mchicia1
08-11-2010, 08:11 AM
I hate cooking in the AM as well...and I cannot eat a lot for some reason either. Shakes FTW. Right now I am doing 5 hardboiled eggs and 1 scoop nitrean + 16 oz of milk. Its about 900 calories...

Not sure how long I can eat hardboiled eggs for though.

jaspercarol
08-13-2010, 04:15 AM
I will never bothered to cook in the morning, so my breakfast is usually a large bowl of muesli, a glass of fruit juice, banana and shake that usually adds up to 1,000 calories and puts me in a beautiful rest of the day . Alas, have a pint of milk. I did when I worked in the building last year and had a lot of early starts.

mike mcgee
08-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I saw only one mention of hard boiled eggs. You can make these in advance and refrigerate. They also make a good snack.

chamberlain
08-22-2010, 12:24 AM
sorry to push an old thread here but what kind of shake are we talking about here?

Now I don't get up as early as he does but I need to desperately gain weight/muscle, I'm 120 5'7 17yrs old. I'm a thin/lean type of kid, skinny looking.

and I want to know if making a shake everyday is a good thing and what to include in it?

Kiff
08-22-2010, 02:09 AM
The shakes Daniel mentions i cannot get over in the deepest darkest depths of the UK... that sucks.

However i am just taking regular protein shakes mate.

chamberlain
08-22-2010, 03:08 PM
ah ok, are protein shakes beneficial if you drink them everyday? Even on days you don't workout?

and How does a smoothie sound? Milk, bananas, strawberries, ice cream + whey protein

Basshog
08-22-2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?136700-Breakfast-Bulk-Recipe...MmMmMmM&highlight=

Only attempt if you have a full beard

tom183
08-22-2010, 05:15 PM
ah ok, are protein shakes beneficial if you drink them everyday? Even on days you don't workout?

Yes.

and How does a smoothie sound? Milk, bananas, strawberries, ice cream + whey protein

Sounds good to me.

Kiff
08-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Yeah man shake everyday soemtimes two on workout days if i am lacking a few calories and it is getting late..

Holto
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
To add to the good advice here. Add some fat. Fat delays gastric emptying of anything you eat it with and it will sustain you. You could add a handful of almonds.