PDA

View Full Version : My first Strongman comp

BigBatz
08-05-2010, 12:44 PM
On August 21st I will be competing in my first strongman contest. It is an amateur event sanctioned by North American Strongman. The location is in Las Cruces New Mexico.

It's something that I've always wanted to do. I just turned 39 in June and figured I'm not getting any younger. Let's see if this old fat guy can give the yougsters a run for their money.

Tom Mutaffis
08-05-2010, 12:52 PM
On August 21st I will be competing in my first strongman contest. It is an amateur event sanctioned by North American Strongman. The location is in Las Cruces New Mexico.

It's something that I've always wanted to do. I just turned 39 in June and figured I'm not getting any younger. Let's see if this old fat guy can give the yougsters a run for their money.

Good luck with the contest, have you had a chance to train with the implements?

I noticed that there is not too much detail about the events on the entry form: "Clean and Press for reps, Dead lift for reps, Carry and Drag, Truck Pull"

BigBatz
08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Good luck with the contest, have you had a chance to train with the implements?

I noticed that there is not too much detail about the events on the entry form: "Clean and Press for reps, Dead lift for reps, Carry and Drag, Truck Pull"

Thanks Tom.

I talked to the promoter yesterday. C&P and the deadlift are going to be with a standard bar. Thank God. The truck pull is with an H1 Hummer 60 seconds or 100 feet.. I've been practicing with my buddy's F350 crew cab. The carry/drag/flip will be carry a 250lb keg for 50ft, drag a 250lb sled 50ft, and flip a 500lb tire for 50ft. The only thing I don't have access to is a keg. But it's in the works.

I'm hoping to network with some of the competitors and create a strongman group in our area.