PDA

View Full Version : A collection of posts in the journal section

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Behemoth
08-07-2010, 03:14 PM
The time has come for my new journal!

The last year I've done a lot of maturing in and out of the gym. I've relearned to stay open minded with bodybuilding. There are dozens of ways to achieve each and every goal, and following someone elses advice, even if it's the right advice may still be the wrong advice because it isn't applicable to yourself. I've learned how if you want to be the best that you can be at a given aspiration (and in my case bodybuilding) that every angle must be covered. Meaning to truly excel in bodybuilding, I have to grow and progress in aspects of life one would on the surgace seemingly think completely unrelated to the goal at hand. When you devote every ounce of energy into one goal, into the glory of potentially one day I've learned you're setting yourself up for diasater. When the first thing doesn't go according to your believed to be perfect plan there is no backup solace in life.
Theres more to life than hitting that PR, gaining that LBM, dropping that BF.

For the last 8 and half years all I have known is 7 1/2 months of intense bulking, followed by 4 1/2 of intense cutting. My cuts have been made more difficult than they need be by bulking that hasn't been focused enough. And my bulks have been less than optimally focused by cuts that have driven me to mental and hormonal insanity.

Goals I'm leaving these vague, and short purposely. I'm still very undecided on the exact route of my next year. But as general goals go:

- Get healthy and stay healthy. Right now I have a very worn out body. I have aches and tight muscles and pains all over. I need to train smarter and push myself only to my physical limits, not past them hampering recovery or potentially compromising joints etc. Additionally my endocrine system is taxed. It's is still offbalanced and skews my thinking and rationalizing. Leveling this out before making serious pushes I believe is very important.
- Maintain a leaner offseason weight
- Become more well versed in training. My training has changed very little in the 8 years I've done so seriously (other than increase in volume). I want to stay open minded and possibilty even work with specific programs
- Become more powerful, flexible and overall healthy individual. My 8 years of training has very little carry over into real world applicability. I may look better than the guy next to me, but in reality there's practically nothing outside of the gym that I've excelled myself in through bodybuilding. I love the idea of strongman and or GPP type training. Whether or not I have the time or energy/recovery to incorporate some of this realworld style training in I don't know. I would like to attempt to though.
- Be a better a friend, brother, son, coworker. I need to stay real with myself be there for others. So much of my life is devoted to bodybuilding that in the past when my family has asked a favor of me that could potentially interefere with my bodybuilding I get irritable and upset about it. I need to remember what is most important in life and that is far from any bodybuilding aspiration. Additionally I need to maintain a healthy enough year round balance that my cutting season makes an actual worthwhile employee. My productivity at work in the last two months of cutting this year was literally 1/3 at best my potential. And that is just not right. To basically cheat my employer because of my selfish ambitions to be shredded.
- Finally to just be human. To live life for once. To not be bouncing from extremes. To hang out with friends year round. To be a person who is constantly challenging himself in ALL aspects of life. Not just the gym!

That is really only a brief summary of my ambitions. I'm sure more will be iterated in time as this journal carries on.

Now for some lifting details. Right now I'm around 190lbs, 13%. Yes, that high. Am I bother by it? Minimally. I know when my hormones are whacked. I've essentially crash dieted for 8 years and never really came off it healthily. At times it's taken months to feel normal again. In the past month I've definetly improved. I have some libido, I don't think about food 95% of time. More like 30-40%. I have energy at work again. My setpoint without lifting is well over 20% bodyfat. I know this because two times in my 8 years I've gone for long stints of not lifting. Once in the fall of 2006 I stopped for 6 weeks and crept to 20ish%. And last february when I cracked my ribs my bodyfat crept up to 20-22%. In 2006 when I came back to lifting after my layoff even with 0 diet modifications my bodyfat dropped back down to 15-16%. I've also evaluated that in bulking times in the past when my volume and intensity was prepetually at it's peak I can comfortably maintain 12-13% without any real diet modifications. Once I feel more hormonally leveled out I my plan is to keep my lifting split an extensive one that keeps me in the gym often, with a few minor diet changes that allow me to 1. still live a normal life, and 2. possibly stay in the 10-12% range. I've been experimenting with an IF style of eatting as of lately. I'm not sure I will follow this to a T in the offseason but I know from the past that my body does in fact partition calories extremely well post workout. Almost mesomorphic. I think simply a shift of even some my calories to later in the day around my workouts will merit me lower offseason bodyfat alone. Whether a shift in the majority of the calories IF style will be necessary and/or net me less BF is something I am anxious to experiment with.

Lifting split If you followed my previous journal you'll know I trained extremely instinctually. I didnt have a monday "x bodypart" day or a thursday "train this" day. I simply kept the same rotation of workouts and trained the upcoming one when I felt I could. For now I'm reverting back to a standard weekly split. that will look like this

Upper back
Chest, abs
Quads, hamstrings
Biceps, calves
Shoulders, triceps

The biggest change in this split is it merges my leg training back together whereas over the last year I've trained quads and hamstrings seperately. While I think that had some advantages I also know it took a toll on my joints, especially when I was cutting. A big thing was that in order to isolate either quads or hams I was using leg X and leg curl heavily. Both of which I think took a toll on my knees and tendons. Combine that with high impact HIIT running I was doing and they're still beat up. The leg workout I have planned for the current time is power dominant. I don't think there is any question that to get my legs where I really want them to be that some serious progressive overload is going to be key. I can squat respectibly in a bodybuilding style but when opened up to a powerlifting style it's quite pathetic. I'm unbalanced in the quads vs posterior chain. The leg day I developed is simple, yet I feel appropriate. Consisting of box squats, SLDLs, then walking lunges.

I also plan to get into some foam rolling and stretching both now for rehab, but also keeping up with it for prehab.

There you have it. I have no doubt this upcoming year will be my best yet! Stay tuned!

Behemoth
08-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Here we go........!
Shoulders, Triceps

Cable Internal rotations/Cable external rotations
20x12 / 20x12
25x12 / 25x12
30x12 / 25x10

DB Seated OH Press
45x12
65x6
80x4
90x8!
90x6.5
90x7
90x6
85x6.5
80x7

CG Bench Grip is in the smooth
135x12
185x8
235x6!
235x6
235x6
225x6 + 4 lockout reps

Standing DB Lateral Raises
40x10
50x8!
50x7
45x10
40x10
40x10

Angle Bar Cable Pushdowns
105x12! [stack +10]
105x10
105x8
95x8
95x8

Post Delts on the Pec-Deck
190x12!
205x9!
205x6.5
190x11.5
190x8.6
190x8

Commentary
Progression/PR's on every exercise. Last weeks best DB OH set was 85x6, blasted past that this week. Delts are exploding... bye-bye shirt wardrobe!

Behemoth
08-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Picked up a foam roller at dicks today and they asked if I wanted to purchase the protection plan. True story.

Behemoth
08-08-2010, 07:44 PM
100% made from scratch. Made the dough from 100% whole wheat flour. Let it rise, stretched it out. Spead a light layer of olive oil, garlic, oregano and parmesean. Then fresh tomatos and dusting of lowfat mozerella, bake for 5 minutes at 425, resprinkle it with LF mozerella and bake another 10-15 minutes. Well worth it! I made another one the other day with soy pepperoni, 95% lean ham and LF cheese. Equally as tastey.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/pizza.jpg

chevelle2291
08-08-2010, 08:16 PM
First.

Glad to see you starting this up. :)

chevelle2291
08-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Picked up a foam roller at dicks today and they asked if I wanted to purchase the protection plan. True story.

On your back?

I'd take that. :p

chevelle2291
08-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Nice to see you're trying to balance everything out. I'd like to see you maintain around 10-12 for a while and maybe add mass slowly like Tim?

Your lifts are sick, especially that CGBP. Jealous.

I figured I'd give you what I do for my pre-workout stretching and foam rolling. It's pretty short (20-ish minutes) and very effective.

Take your foam roller and do:

20 rolls on your quads
20 rolls on your hamstrings
20 rolls on IT bands
8-10 rolls on your calves
10-20 rolls on glutes
10-15 rolls on lower back (but be careful)
10-20 rolls on mid-upper back.

Static stretching
Lay down on the floor and static stretch your hams for 1 min each leg
Put your feet together indian style and stretch out your groin by bringing your legs up (in butterfly position) and then back down.
Try to push your knees into the ground while in the butterfly position by actively flexing your groin for 1 min
Lunge-style groin stretch for 1 min each leg
Standing ham/lower back stretch for 1 min (assuming a stiff dead position)

Shoulder mobility:
20 arm circles both ways
10-20 Shoulder dislocations with a long dowel rod or similar.

Do some calf extension pikes. Assume a pike-like position with your hands on the floor. Put one foot on top of the other and do calf extensions. 20-30 each leg.

I also like to do some leg swings and side to side leg swings also. Only about 10-15 each leg.

Hope that helps.

I've also found taking fish oil and glucosamine to really help with any joint pain.

Coke
08-09-2010, 10:52 AM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/pizza.jpg

Awesome, rivals something from out of Flynn's journal, lol.

tnathletics2b
08-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Dang, that pizza looks good.

Behemoth
08-10-2010, 08:36 PM
First.

Glad to see you starting this up. :)

Glad to be back!

On your back?

I'd take that. :p

Sore neck so far, that's about it!

Nice to see you're trying to balance everything out. I'd like to see you maintain around 10-12 for a while and maybe add mass slowly like Tim?

Your lifts are sick, especially that CGBP. Jealous.

I figured I'd give you what I do for my pre-workout stretching and foam rolling. It's pretty short (20-ish minutes) and very effective.

Take your foam roller and do:

20 rolls on your quads
20 rolls on your hamstrings
20 rolls on IT bands
8-10 rolls on your calves
10-20 rolls on glutes
10-15 rolls on lower back (but be careful)
10-20 rolls on mid-upper back.

Static stretching
Lay down on the floor and static stretch your hams for 1 min each leg
Put your feet together indian style and stretch out your groin by bringing your legs up (in butterfly position) and then back down.
Try to push your knees into the ground while in the butterfly position by actively flexing your groin for 1 min
Lunge-style groin stretch for 1 min each leg
Standing ham/lower back stretch for 1 min (assuming a stiff dead position)

Shoulder mobility:
20 arm circles both ways
10-20 Shoulder dislocations with a long dowel rod or similar.

Do some calf extension pikes. Assume a pike-like position with your hands on the floor. Put one foot on top of the other and do calf extensions. 20-30 each leg.

I also like to do some leg swings and side to side leg swings also. Only about 10-15 each leg.

Hope that helps.

I've also found taking fish oil and glucosamine to really help with any joint pain.

Gain mass for sure! Fish oil and G/C are staples! Thanks for the warmup info, I'm digging my roller already!

Awesome, rivals something from out of Flynn's journal, lol.

I'll have to check in over there... Wait 'til you see what I'm working on this very minute!

Dang, that pizza looks good.

It was DELICIOUS... yes WAS :evillaugh: Working as a pizza cook when I was 15/16 paid off!

Behemoth
08-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Upper Back

BB Rows
135x15
135x12
185x8
225x4
275x4
295x4
315x4
295x7
275x8
275x8
275x6
225x20
225x12

Wide Pulldowns to the chest
160x10
200x8
180x9.5
180x7
160x8
160x8
160x8

Seated Rows
190x10
200x10
210x7.5
210x7
190x9
170x12
170x10

DB Shrugs
100x12
100x12
100x12
100x9
100x12

Commentary Testing the waters of my row strength with some low rep sets there in the beginning. Back feels great lately, very healthy. Never put the belt on today, usually row with it!

Behemoth
08-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Due to much complaining from that bastage Tim in my last journal, I've rotated this video at the expense of some quality, size, and you get an annoying watermark in the middle. No complaining!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbmUWHttd0s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbmUWHttd0s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Behemoth
08-10-2010, 09:58 PM
280g WW flour + 1tbsp oilve oil, yeast, salt, 3 tbsp splenda. Let rise 2 hours
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/chickenpizza3.jpg

24.5oz boiled and shredded chicken
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/chickenpizza1.jpg

394 grams of kraft light BBQ added to it
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/chickenpizza2.jpg

Stretch the dough
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/chickenpizza4.jpg

Topped with chicken mix + 139g sargento reduced fat 2% mozzerella and baked @ 425 19 minutes
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/chickenpizza5.jpg

(+ factored in a generous .5 tbsp olive oil for the quick spray on the pan)

The Macros! Unfortunately after I topped the pizza with the chicken and bbq I realized I made too much. I didn't have the whole batch in the bowl weighed and it seemed like too much work to pull it all off the pizza and then top it again calculating how much I used. And yes, I know I could weigh the bowl I used empty, weigh my remainder, add my 24.5oz chicken + 394grams bbq and subtract the remaining chicken/bbq from that total. But that's not happening right now. I used pretty much exactly 2/3 what I mixed up so these are the macros going off of that! And not too shabby if you ask me!

Total - 64.19f/240.3c/211.95p
I cut it into 1/8ths so
8f/30c/26.5p per slice

And yes I definetly had a slice already... AMAZING. Will use just a touch more bbq next time but otherwise awesome!

chevelle2291
08-11-2010, 06:14 AM
Wow your pulling volume is insane!

Have you ever thought of going back to a more stricter style of rowing? I'm not hating on the form, but we both know it's hardly parallel to the floor. Obviously it works for you. Do you tend to keep strict form for the ramping sets and then loosen up a bit on your top set?

Do you ever use pullups/chinups?

Coke
08-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Big day for the back!! - Obviously taking things to new heights and with a more balanced approach.

Time+Patience
08-11-2010, 07:17 PM
About time this thing got underway! I'm happy you've got a better perspective on things-- everything in life has it's equal portion and need. I've had times where I was moody because I hadn't seen my mother in months. Yes, I am a grown man whom still misses his mum at times!

Having a family for the past 5 years has really helped balance everything in my life.

The beginning of 2010 through the current has been the best and most focused lifting ever for me, and I attribute a lot of that to the fact that I'm settled in everything that I am doing with my life-- family, lifting, school, friends, goals, etc.

ELmx479
08-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Damn, you are pretty strong for being 190lbs!!! Looking forward to your training. Where in western PA are you?

Behemoth
08-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Wow your pulling volume is insane!

Have you ever thought of going back to a more stricter style of rowing? I'm not hating on the form, but we both know it's hardly parallel to the floor. Obviously it works for you. Do you tend to keep strict form for the ramping sets and then loosen up a bit on your top set?

Do you ever use pullups/chinups?

Where did you come up with parallel to the floor was how BB rows are supposed to be done? I do pendleys sometimes and with those I'm much closer to parallel. To be honest the first 10 reps of that set are damn near perfect, I get sloppier and straight up towards the end but that was an overall very well executed set of BB rows. I would imagine if you look around youtube you'll find very, very few people able to do sets any more bent over than I am with signifigant weight without having to set it back to the ground between reps. I'm not saying it's not possible, I could probably do it with 135 maaaaybe 145lbs but that would absolutely pointless for upper back recruitment. Progressive overload is still the king of hypertrophy so why would I want to train an [primarily] upper back exercise at about 50% my capability.

It's been a very long time since I've done chins but I was working with weighted pullups last fall. I've been happier with pulldowns since then because I always hated trying to carefully step off the bench so the weight wouldn't swing (and it inevitably still would anways) and if you were cranking out some reps that started to get sloppy (which can still be useful) the swing in such situation really makes it difficult to do so. If I worked out with a partner that could keep it from laterally moving I'd probably go back to them though.

Big day for the back!! - Obviously taking things to new heights and with a more balanced approach.

Thanks Terry. It's going to be a learning process but I'll progress with it I have no doubt!

About time this thing got underway! I'm happy you've got a better perspective on things-- everything in life has it's equal portion and need. I've had times where I was moody because I hadn't seen my mother in months. Yes, I am a grown man whom still misses his mum at times!

Having a family for the past 5 years has really helped balance everything in my life.

The beginning of 2010 through the current has been the best and most focused lifting ever for me, and I attribute a lot of that to the fact that I'm settled in everything that I am doing with my life-- family, lifting, school, friends, goals, etc.

Scott, thanks for stopping in brother. That's gotta be tough with so much going on. I can't imagine how you prepped for your show while taking care of a family and going to school. All the while staying sane! Hopefully I can pick your brain and pick up some life lessons from you as you wind down this road towards your second show!

chevelle2291
08-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Ah I guess you're right. I didn't mean parallel, just more of an angle I guess.

Behemoth
08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Chest, Abdominals

30x12 / 30x12
40x12 / 40x12
50x12 / 50x10
70x12 / 60x8

Incline Dumbell Press
55x12
75x6
100x6
120x7
115x6.5
100x11.5
100x8
100x8

Cable Crossover Pinned at about 3' off the ground
60x6
60x4
55x7
50x8
50x6

Hammerstrength Isolateral Incline Press
250x7.5
250x6.5
230x7.5

Cable Crunches stack is 95
120x20
155x12!
155x8!
140x12
140x12
140x9

Commentary This was garbage. Weak from the getgo to the end. Only 6.5 hours of sleep last night whereas my bodys pretty much been acustomed to 9+. The bigger reason was the heat index of 102 and 8 straight hours of trench digging. The amazing part is I would take this day each and every single day over a low intensity work day (painting, trimwork, electrical etc) while late into a diet. Those days felt like hell whereas today days like today I'm the little engine that could assuming I'm not malnourished! I was definetly pushed too hard in my final weeks of dieting given the crazy workload I had a work those days. Doing it again my style of being allowed even the slightest bit of extra nutrition for crazy work days would have panned out better. I was convinced I was a failure and taking steps backwards if I deviated from my allotted macros more than say 2g, even if at work I burnt an extra 1k calories that day.

but the past is the past. As far as the future goes... those dusty 130s on the dumbell rack are going to make their appearance here when I get things rolling good! Stay tuned!

chevelle2291
08-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Chest, Abdominals

Incline Dumbell Press
55x12
75x6
100x6
120x7
115x6.5
100x11.5
100x8
100x8
!

I can't wait to IC DB Press 100# dbs. That'll be the day.

Rory, how long does a normal workout take you?

Behemoth
08-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Ah I guess you're right. I didn't mean parallel, just more of an angle I guess.

I would definetly round (at least towards the end) if I tried to bend over anymore than that with that weight. Would a stronger lower back help me? Yeah, but I don't see low weight BB rows bringing it up. And I still believe even if my lower was ahead of my upper, my lower would still not be able to hold the weight my upper back would need to train with the majority of the time. And this is all going off the assumption that more angle would even be more beneficial for upper back hyptrophy.

Behemoth
08-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I can't wait to IC DB Press 100# dbs. That'll be the day.

Rory, how long does a normal workout take you?

1 1/2 - 1 3/4 on average. 2 hours isn't uncommon. This was probably more like 1 15 minutes, it was probably 7-8 total sets less than an average chest day.

chevelle2291
08-11-2010, 08:22 PM
1 1/2 - 1 3/4 on average. 2 hours isn't uncommon. This was probably more like 1 15 minutes, it was probably 7-8 total sets less than an average chest day.

I see. How long are your rest intervals?

Unholy
08-12-2010, 09:09 AM
What happened to prep brah?

Behemoth
08-12-2010, 03:28 PM
I see. How long are your rest intervals?

However long it takes to get my mind and body ready for the next one. Nothing less than my best on every set.

What happened to prep brah?

I forego'd it. Ultimately both the struggle to work my construction job and the isolation I reduced myself to not knowing how to balance family/friends and their support vs. prep drove me to ending it early. Here was 3 and 7 weeks out: http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/2010-07-11-161143.jpg

f=ma
08-12-2010, 05:45 PM
ahh rory, i dont know how i missed this startup here. so many of your goals should also be my goals. i'm such a selfish prick, especially about when it comes to not making sacrifices re: lifting and dieting. ive burnt so many bridges and lost so many girlfriends from being completely rigid in whats important to me.. ugh

anyways though, the plan looks like a great platform to guide you into the remainder of the year. pizza looks damn good... i havent had pizza in forever, i should get some lol. weights are obviously strong as always... killing it on the BB rows and DB OH press. thats one of my favorite exercises. are you going to incorporate more deads?

chevelle2291
08-12-2010, 06:47 PM
IMO, you shouldn't feel bad at all about not competing. Think about it this way, for the past 5 years or so you've gone from crazy bulk to crazy cut, and put your training and dieting ahead of family, friends, etc. If you were to win a contest (which you probably would have), that would just be affirmation that neglecting those other aspects of your life was/is okay.

I think farther down the road you'll realize that not competing was a VERY good move. Life is more than looking good naked. Not much more, but a little more. :p

Behemoth
08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
ahh rory, i dont know how i missed this startup here. so many of your goals should also be my goals. i'm such a selfish prick, especially about when it comes to not making sacrifices re: lifting and dieting. ive burnt so many bridges and lost so many girlfriends from being completely rigid in whats important to me.. ugh

anyways though, the plan looks like a great platform to guide you into the remainder of the year. pizza looks damn good... i havent had pizza in forever, i should get some lol. weights are obviously strong as always... killing it on the BB rows and DB OH press. thats one of my favorite exercises. are you going to incorporate more deads?

Thanks Tim. As far as the deads go, getting my lower healthy enough to train is priority that may jeopordize. SLDLs are scheduled into my leg day right now (whenever I feel healthy enough to train it again). I do really miss conventional deads and I think probably that, in time, I will incorporate them 3 or 4 days adjacent to my leg day!

IMO, you shouldn't feel bad at all about not competing.

I think farther down the road you'll realize that not competing was a VERY good move.

I don't. I realized that before I made the decision hence why I made it. :)

chevelle2291
08-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks Tim. As far as the deads go, getting my lower healthy enough to train is priority that may jeopordize. SLDLs are scheduled into my leg day right now (whenever I feel healthy enough to train it again). I do really miss conventional deads and I think probably that, in time, I will incorporate them 3 or 4 days adjacent to my leg day!

Is your back bothering you more lately?

Do you do rack pulls or anything instead?

Behemoth
08-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Is your back bothering you more lately?

Do you do rack pulls or anything instead?

Ah, when I said lower I meant lower body not lower back. That's my fault, lower back good. Rack pulls are an excellent idea for time being. I'm hoping in one week I'll be into some legs again but good suggestion Ryan, count on them being added next back day for now!

f=ma
08-13-2010, 07:09 PM
im seriously amazed youre not being stubborn about your lower work

Behemoth
08-13-2010, 07:19 PM
im seriously amazed youre not being stubborn about your lower work

It's been killing me to skip over this day, especially when I was loving the box squats I added in on my one and only go at my new leg day. My hamstring tendons are seriously taxed though. I don't think serious as in long term problems but if I'm not safe right now I could get seriously injured. I just read something the other day about how to not do outdoor pavement HIIT sprints when you're lean for reasons such as this... too bad I didn't read that two months ago.

And yes, stubborn is no doubt in my nature. I should really add working on that to my goals in post #1 :)

Behemoth
08-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Damn, you are pretty strong for being 190lbs!!! Looking forward to your training. Where in western PA are you?

Sorry bro, I have no clue how I entirely missed this post. I'm from beaver county, chippewa specifically. You near these parts?

Behemoth
08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Went in for biceps and calves last night. Wrist flexors were killing me on the DB preacher openers. No doubt from work this week. Swtiched it over to DB hammer preachers and they were tolerable. Tried calves but tendons still giving me issues. I initially thought that it was my crucial ligaments that were beat up after that hiit session but then realized it was just my hamstring tendons. On a light set of straight leg calf extensions I was pushing around and feeling the tender areas back there. It is more than hamstring tendons. Overall they still feel better than a few weeks ago. I need to order knee wraps for when I ease back into leg training.

Shoulders and triceps tonight. Pumped for this one. Whatever workouts progressing best is always most fun to train so no suprise I'm stoked to hit these two tonight.

Also had a huge epiphany with regard to my nutrition last night. For months and months now I've been giving tremendous thought what exactly in certain offesasons years that lead me to stay leaner than others. I've racked my brain on each and aspect calorie intake, to macros, to timing, every aspect with regard to ones diet and I never really came up with a conclusive answer. And the reason was because there wasn't. It was purely behavioural, stemming from a hectic busier lifestyle.

chevelle2291
08-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Just be careful, Rory, aight? I'd hate to see you injure something else.

Behemoth
08-15-2010, 02:58 PM
'Mac snack wraps ain't got **** on me...

Mix 2.5oz boiled and shredded chicken breast with mcCormick chicken taco seasoning to taste. Throw into a WW tortilla, melt a slice a kraft fat free american on it. Dribble on 8g of kraft reduced fat ranch and you get a damn tastey snack with killer macros!

232.5 cal, 6.5f/ 22c (12g fiber), 33g protein.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/2010-08-15164735.jpg

Behemoth
08-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Just be careful, Rory, aight? I'd hate to see you injure something else.

I don't get injured. I do injury.

ELmx479
08-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Sorry bro, I have no clue how I entirely missed this post. I'm from beaver county, chippewa specifically. You near these parts?

I live in Cambria county so not too far from ya. I'm guessing you go to the Arnold Classic since you are fairly close also?

Behemoth
08-15-2010, 07:26 PM
I live in Cambria county so not too far from ya. I'm guessing you go to the Arnold Classic since you are fairly close also?

I never have actually. I may next year though. Do you make the trek?

Behemoth
08-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Shoulders, Triceps

20x12 / 20x12
25x12 / 25x12
35x12 / 30x8

DB OH Press
45x12
65x6
80x4
95x8!
95x7
95x8
95x6
90x6

CG Bench
135x12
185x6
245x6
245x6
245x6
225x8

Standing DB Lateral Raises
40x10
50x7, sloppy
45x10
45x8
45x10
40x12
40x12

Angle Bar PD's
115x10!
115x8
115x10

Post Delts on the Pec-Deck
210x9!
210x8
210x8
190x10
190x9
190x8
175x9

Commentary Good workout, great progress. Delts continue to explode, maybe faster than anything I've ever watched grow/progress.

Hormones are improving. My hair has been growing really fast, I've been breaking out. I actually care about things again. And most noteably libido is making a rapid rebound I starting to find women actually interesting me again.

Ryan - I don't normally note/care about the length of my workout but I know this one for instance was 2:05 minutes. I only know that because I got there at 6:55 and they shut the lights out on me.

Behemoth
08-15-2010, 08:02 PM
DB OH of the last three weeks have been legimate sets of:
85x6 two weeks ago
90x8 last week
95x8 this week

one oh ohs going up next week

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EExaNo4IU8g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EExaNo4IU8g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Behemoth
08-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Not that I'm not a little/lot soft, but I thought that video made me look a little moreso than I am. Here's one highlighting the delts a little later in the workout with a legitimate pump.

This file should be named "post diet glycogen/fat explosion" haha.

Weight guesses?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/8-15-gymmm.jpg

f=ma
08-16-2010, 02:29 AM
looking really hoss rory

oh and whats with the should press work?? thats an interesting little move to get the dbs up. i do something similar but one at a time

chevelle2291
08-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Not that I'm not a little/lot soft, but I thought that video made me look a little moreso than I am. Here's one highlighting the delts a little later in the workout with a legitimate pump.

This file should be named "post diet glycogen/fat explosion" haha.

Weight guesses?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/8-15-gymmm.jpg

Bout 200-205. You look huge as fuk.

That is an interesting little move to get the weight up. Mine's kinda similar. I tend to put my legs wide out like that also.

But i'm lifting the 50s...

:p

Coke
08-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Looking huge, been throwing around big weights!!

Behemoth
08-17-2010, 07:37 PM
looking really hoss rory

oh and whats with the should press work?? thats an interesting little move to get the dbs up. i do something similar but one at a time

I look like a watermellon. Few changes has looking less bloated since that shot.

Do you ask what's with the presses because I don't usually advocate them as necessary? I don't know. I'm quickly addicted to rapid progression I'm seeing on shoulders even though I don't necessary need more delts. I guess I'd be a little silly not to capilize on the way they want to grow right now. I've said it before and I'll stand by it that disproportionately large delts can actually enhance symetry IMO. But short answer is - I like growing! :)

Bout 200-205. You look huge as fuk.

That is an interesting little move to get the weight up. Mine's kinda similar. I tend to put my legs wide out like that also.

But i'm lifting the 50s...

:p

Do you look up when you do them? Not that 50s aren't good at your size/development but I only comment because I just changed this and somehow it made a huge difference. I always liked to watch myself in the mirror then about a month ago I did a set where I looked up and they felt crazy lighter. Done them since like that and they've gone great. I don't know if it's because more arch in my back or quite possibly sometimes watching myself lift motivates me sometimes it does the opposite. Don't know why.

Looking huge, been throwing around big weights!!

Looking squishy. Fortunately I think I'm leveling out on all sorts of fronts and I can flirt with this condition for a while, up a little down a little. I'm still pretty comfortable in my own skin and feel that for what I weigh, I'm carrying it tremendously better than I ever have before. And I hope to get some really big weights moving this year. I still have many years to go before they'll be on par with you but I'm really fighting for some strength induced hypertrophy lately.

Behemoth
08-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Back

BB Row
135x15
135x12
225x8
275x8
295x5
315x2
335x2!
245x18.5 - rep 18 was completely respectable. rep 19 didn't move more than 2 or 3 inches, crazy failure.
245x11.5

Wide Pulldowns
200x11!
200x9
200x8 dropset: 140x8
180x9 ds: 140x5
160x10 ds: 120x10

Seated Row
220x8!
220x6
200x9
200x8 ds: 160x8
180x12

DB Shrugs
100x17
100x15
100x12
100x15
100x14

Commentary
Balls to the wall. YMCA workout. Hogged the (one) rack for 25 minutes with the rows. Karma struck when it was occupied the rest of the night. I wouldn't have had much left in me for rack pulls anyways, I gave this 120%.

335x2 you wouldn't have liked ryan. I find progressingly on BB rows with sloppy form/body english and then coming down and making sure I do some real clean sets is indefinetly quicker progression than trying to jump up the weight 100% clean.

ELmx479
08-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Damn dude! That is some insane rowing. Your lifts are very impressive at your bw for sure.

f=ma
08-18-2010, 05:12 AM
hah thats big volume rory. your back is probably smoked right about now.

in hindsight do you think that CLA helped at all? i noticed all of the fat i regained as a result of splurging went back to the same areas

Behemoth
08-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Nope. Waste 'o money. I was megadosing it taking in 3-4g actual cla twice per day. Meaning about 10 caps a day (expensive quick over time). I took it from transitioning through bulking and into cutting. I didn't drop it until I think june when I simply didn't have the fat allotment in my macros to make any of it work. It was definetly a big waste of money over that time but I'm glad I was able to personally verify this over a serious run of it rather than just go off of other peoples word.

I've also used sesamin. Actually I'm using it right now too because it came free with the last order I placed. My first run of it in cutting (2g a day) I had all the signed of decreasing test and actually had no clue this was commonly reported with it until later and I dropped it and it felt better. Since I had the rest of that around and my new free bottle I've been using it again for the last 3 weeks or so with less worry of these effects since I'm not on a severe diet anymore. I can't vouch for any positive with this supp nor have I experienced any negatives like I did when using it when dieting. I'm definetly not going to buy this one again. I would reccomend neither of these two personally.

For the price though, I would reccommend chromium picolinate and green tea/hoodia mix I take from walmart.

Time+Patience
08-18-2010, 05:12 PM
That's the kind of volume I'm used to seeing from you! I know you probably just couldn't handle workouts of that intensity while you were so far along in your diet. That was one positive of lowering my volume drastically for my contest prep-- I was able to put all of my energy and intensity into 10 total working sets.

I would definitely capitalize on the increased weight gains and put all of that energy into some serious workouts. You've killed these last few workouts. I definitely couldn't handle those types of workouts on my own, I would need a partner to keep me interested. I know that you have built up your endurance and training capacity over the years also.

Great job thus far. I see you have a new fire lit under your ass. I think this approach your taking is going to work out wonderful for you. The next time you decide to compete, I'm positive you'll continue through with it and you'll be very happy with whatever results stem from it. Looking forward to the next year of training from you.

Behemoth
08-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Damn dude! That is some insane rowing. Your lifts are very impressive at your bw for sure.

You don't even know my bodyweight though :)

That's the kind of volume I'm used to seeing from you! I know you probably just couldn't handle workouts of that intensity while you were so far along in your diet. That was one positive of lowering my volume drastically for my contest prep-- I was able to put all of my energy and intensity into 10 total working sets.

I would definitely capitalize on the increased weight gains and put all of that energy into some serious workouts. You've killed these last few workouts. I definitely couldn't handle those types of workouts on my own, I would need a partner to keep me interested. I know that you have built up your endurance and training capacity over the years also.

Great job thus far. I see you have a new fire lit under your ass. I think this approach your taking is going to work out wonderful for you. The next time you decide to compete, I'm positive you'll continue through with it and you'll be very happy with whatever results stem from it. Looking forward to the next year of training from you.

Thanks for being here with me through it scott. I have a great deal of respect for you, you definetly speak softly with a big stick. This is very motiving and I'm definelty excited to follow your road to your next competition. We all know that road won't drive off a cliff like mine did. Do you have your show(s) picked. Assuming there in Ohio or a reasonable distance from me it will certainly be a made a point to see if I can make it there.

chevelle2291
08-19-2010, 07:00 PM
You don't even know my bodyweight though :)

Thanks for being here with me through it scott. I have a great deal of respect for you, you definetly speak softly with a big stick. This is very motiving and I'm definelty excited to follow your road to your next competition. We all know that road won't drive off a cliff like mine did. Do you have your show(s) picked. Assuming there in Ohio or a reasonable distance from me it will certainly be a made a point to see if I can make it there.

Don't be too hard on yourself Rory. You were working a VERY strenuous job on top of high-volume work, lots of cardio, and a serious caloric restriction. Give yourself a little credit. :)

Behemoth
08-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Chest

Cable Internal Rotations / Cable External Rotations
30x12 / 30x12
40x10 / 40x10
50x10 / 50x10
70x10 / 60x8

IC DB Pres
55x12
75x6
100x5
120x6 - blah
120x6
115x8 DS: 80x5
105x7 DS: 70x4 Extra depth both sets

Cable Crossover
60x8! - sloppy wanted progression so bad I was getting it at any cost
55x6
55x8
50x9
50x7
50x7

Hammerstrength Isolateral IC Press
260x6
260x5
250x6
230x7.5 - All weight off and reset after every rep sytle
230x6 - " " - rep #6 all of a 5 or 6 second grinder

Commentary
There's two ways to look at this. Initially I was livid I regressed a rep on my IC press opener. No cause either, I was all there I just didn't have it in me. So pissed I fueled through the rest of my workout with rage. Complete mental focus another 110% workout. The depressing part was even this merited me very little progress. But I did everything in my power, that's most important.

chevelle2291
08-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Do you look up when you do them? Not that 50s aren't good at your size/development but I only comment because I just changed this and somehow it made a huge difference. I always liked to watch myself in the mirror then about a month ago I did a set where I looked up and they felt crazy lighter. Done them since like that and they've gone great. I don't know if it's because more arch in my back or quite possibly sometimes watching myself lift motivates me sometimes it does the opposite. Don't know why.

Hmmm. I do usually look straight ahead. I'll try this out in the next couple of days. I usually have a good arch in my back when I do miltary on a bench so who knows.

Behemoth
08-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Just turn your head

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXsigk2HFCQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXsigk2HFCQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chevelle2291
08-20-2010, 12:21 PM
I'd be careful with the leg training. Just go easy.

That HS press was pretty sweet. I wish my home gym and school gym had HS machines. We do have a prowler tho, which is kinda cool.

f=ma
08-20-2010, 04:14 PM
did you mess up your liftoff on that first set? that can def sap you even if its relatively light for a work set

i never eat fruit. i should do that more often

Behemoth
08-20-2010, 06:15 PM
did you mess up your liftoff on that first set? that can def sap you even if its relatively light for a work set

i never eat fruit. i should do that more often

Actually yeah. I've switched from deadlifting them up and setting them onto my knees to a much easier method of hogging a second bench and placing it in front of me where I pretty much stand up, grab the DBs, and sit down and lift them to my knees saving a ton of energy on heavy sets. Only been doing this a few weeks and my first attempt one ended up too far up my thigh to get a good flip up so I rocked forward and reset. I was expecting a 10 rep set going into it, no way that little fluke was the culprit. Just weak.

Behemoth
08-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Small workout this evening. Some rack pulls, hyperextensions and cable crunches. 21 total sets, about an hour and a quarter long. Nothing too exciting.

Behemoth
08-21-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm happy to see that you're going with the lesser restrictions when it comes to your eatting plan. I played around with IF dieting for 2 days to see if I would be able to do it, and I would definitely be able to do it , but I'm not sure if I'll implement it though.

I like the idea of just "eatting comfortably". I think that's the way to go during the off-season, as I don't think it's detrimental to your plans if you over eat a few hundred calories. What matters is if you start seeing some changes within your workout or in the mirror. I really love the mentality of Shawn Ray, whom goes a lot by instincts with everything. He's said that he doesn't count calories or weigh things, but that he just knows what he should be taking in.

Not to mention being instinctual takes out a lot of stress of structuring things. When you have certain quotas you've placed upon yourself your day now revolves around those. Getting away from some of these parameters that have dictated my life for years now is my goal. While I definetly don't know my body like shawn ray does I can greatly relate. I definetly know if I'm in a surplus or not. I know I have had days eatting comfortably lately where I've come in under maintenance. Tracking meticulously could (and questionably should) removed from a great portion of ones bodybuilding I think. Tracking is necessary if you're at a roadblock, you can't gain or you can't lose. It's then that you need to know what specifically what youre consuming to adjust slightly from. Right now, I know I could super easily gain or lose 10lbs without tracking a gram of anything.

chevelle2291
08-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Small workout this evening. Some rack pulls, hyperextensions and cable crunches. 21 total sets, about an hour and a quarter long. Nothing too exciting.

Likin' those now, huh?

Behemoth
08-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Light Biceps and Calves

Incline Curls strict (at least for a while)
30x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x12

Whole thing was actually pretty grueling, nasty lactic acid.

Straight Leg Rotary Calf Extensions
40x20
45x16
50x12
55x12
60x10
60x9
55x12

Seated Calf
90x10
90x10
90x10
90x8
90x12
90x11

BB Preachers Upper arm held tight on pad, lower arm allowed to lockout with the weight on it. Would be really dangerous under real weight IMO but I was basically just killing time with light weight becase a was giving a friend some spots
60x10
70x10
70x10

Commentary
Nothing special. Forearms have still been doms'd 24/7 for what reason I don't know. Heavy DB preachers like I ususally do first for biceps wouldn't have been good. Knee wraps came today. Tried them out and my legs felt so good with them on (minus the crazy restriction) I went to the store and bought two braces to wear at work and such to help recovery. Wore them tonight for stabilization during calves. They're definetly still sketchy but I'm pretty sure improving.

Behemoth
08-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Likin' those now, huh?

Rather make like a redneck at the county fair and do full pulls

f=ma
08-22-2010, 08:22 AM
haha dude that is a comical amount of curling.

where in your knees do you feel iffy? pantella area? LCL or ACL? sorry if ive asked before, but did you have any serious knee injury in the past few years?

Behemoth
08-22-2010, 12:55 PM
haha dude that is a comical amount of curling.

where in your knees do you feel iffy? pantella area? LCL or ACL? sorry if ive asked before, but did you have any serious knee injury in the past few years?

Hamstring tendons are strained for sure, those I definetly feel regular (though slow) improvement. The area that has me more concerned is on the sides of my knees. If I were to step out into a lunge movement and then have any twist in my knee (which yes, obviously one would not want to do this anyhow) but that would really bother them. Really any type of twist like that even when standing up and stepping up onto something and I'll feel it, as well as they're tender if I start pushing around and find the right arounds. My right leg on the inside is worst. I think it probably is the acl (at least on this leg) thats the majority of the discomfort. But I think it's more an all around thing with all the ligaments all the way around being taxed and strained to some extent.

It came about doing hiit two days after a really taxing leg day with brand new movements in it. I was an idiot. The reason I'm not seriously worried about it is beause there was no acute moment. They just felt really beatup almost comparable to doms you get after taking a layoff except this was in tendons. Additionally, I'm uninsured so I really don't have any other option but to be smart and take it day by day. I do 100% believe they'll make a full recovery on their own. It's just hard to not be impatient and want to do more than I should right now.

As far as past injury I had a really serious patella injury at 15 skateboarding. It was basically at the same time I found wbb and after nursing that injury (as well as the sprained ankle on the opposite leg I got at the same time) I decided I had enough with skateboarding and it was too much on my body to try and do both. Haha best decision ever. I also quit soccer a few months later for the same reason I wanted to focus on getting bigger.

I remember smith squatting just the counter balanced bar (basically just bw) after that injury and feeling discomfort. Eventually I put quarters on, then plates, then moved to free squatting. I've had zero problem with that in 8 years now even during heavy squats and lunges and leg x.

Mark!
08-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Things looking good B, hope the knees get to 100% man. Knee pain sucks.

Behemoth
08-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Things looking good B, hope the knees get to 100% man. Knee pain sucks.

Sucks for sure, not only do I want to train legs like hell. I actually want to do some cardio too. eeeks!

Behemoth
08-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Shoulders, Tri's

20x12 / 20x12
25x12 / 25x12
35x12 / 30x8

DB OH Press
45x12
65x6
80x4
100x6! hell yeah
100x6
100x6.5
90x10
90x9

CG Bench
135x12
185x6
255x6
255x5+1
245x6
225x7

Standing Lateral Raises
40x10
50x8
50x6
45x8
45x8

Angle Bar Pushdowns Should note these aren't v-bar. Angle is only about 160 degrees
125x10!
125x8
125x7 DS: 95x4 DS: 65x4

Pec Deck Post Delts
220x8!
220x7.5
220x6
210x8
210x9
210x8

Comentary Even though I don't lift for strength, felt damn good getting that OH press. easy too. I used 100s about a year ago but they were at a different gym and inaccurate because when I would train at my others gyms (this one included) the 80s felt like the 100s at the other gym. So I'm calling this a legitmate lifetime PR.

Behemoth
08-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Need more bicep. Want more traps.

Coke
08-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Serious db shoulder pressing Rory, nice job throughout.

chevelle2291
08-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Light Biceps and Calves

That workout is nuts in terms of volume haha.

Time+Patience
08-23-2010, 05:26 PM
I definitely recommend just letting thing heal on their own. I'm a big believer that most things can be cured with a little rest and relaxtation. Whenever you brake a bone, it's just a simple set and rest. If you have the mental power to make sure you consciously think of the bodypart that you want to avoid you can do it, and that will be the needed time for rest.

I hope that heals up sooner than later.

p.s. you are a DB Military bastard! I'm like 25 pounds behind you, ughh.

f=ma
08-24-2010, 05:02 AM
nice job on the oh pressing buddy. do you think all the volume you do plus the job may be part of the reason the wheels are shot right now? just a thought. and scotts def right. time off sometimes is necessary. im glad i changed it up on benching... taking the strain off my shoulder for a while let it heal up despite my stubborn refusal to rest entirely

Behemoth
08-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Serious db shoulder pressing Rory, nice job throughout.

Thanks! It was a great workout!

That workout is nuts in terms of volume haha.

Average volume for biceps, low for calves. Light in weight all around. Light workout for sure.

I definitely recommend just letting thing heal on their own. I'm a big believer that most things can be cured with a little rest and relaxtation. Whenever you brake a bone, it's just a simple set and rest. If you have the mental power to make sure you consciously think of the bodypart that you want to avoid you can do it, and that will be the needed time for rest.

I hope that heals up sooner than later.

p.s. you are a DB Military bastard! I'm like 25 pounds behind you, ughh.

I agree. I've laid off of them completely for 4 or 5 weeks now. Light work will help them heal though, however I don't think they're ready for even that yet.

nice job on the oh pressing buddy. do you think all the volume you do plus the job may be part of the reason the wheels are shot right now? just a thought. and scotts def right. time off sometimes is necessary. im glad i changed it up on benching... taking the strain off my shoulder for a while let it heal up despite my stubborn refusal to rest entirely

No. They're shot because I was 6% and did balls to the wall sprints on pavement 2 days after a serious leg workout with brand new movements in it. Or better stated; they're shot because I was stupid as ****.

Behemoth
08-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Back, Biceps

BB Rows
135x15
135x15
185x15
235x6
275x6
295x5
295x4
275x10 DS: 185x10
235x12

Pulldowns
210x10!
230x6!!
200x8 DS: 160x6
200x6 DS: 140x6
180x8 DS: 120x8 DS: 85x8

Seated Row

225x7.5!
240x6!
250x6! DS: 180x8 DS: 130x7
225x6.5
150x16

Seated DB Shrugs
70x15
85x15
100x16
100x13
100x9

BB Preachers
70x10
110x4.5
110x3 +1
90x7

Alt. DB Curls
50x7

Commentary Was 5 minutes from walking out the door when my roomate came home with a mutual buddy who is his regular training partner. He had asked 2 weeks ago my exercise preference for back thickness, I told him to deadlift and BB row. Their back day and mine coincided so they talked me into training at the Y with them when I was preparing myself mentally today for my workout at my other gym. I was reluctant but said screw it, it's just one workout. On the BB rows opener I was suprised to find they were pretty much virgins in this movement despite having been lifting for years (not that there's anything wrong with that). So I was trying to show them form early, but they didn't really seem to make any effort... there was some terrible terrible rounding and humping going on @ 135 and 185. I guess they got frustrated because they ditched and went to do chest supported rows. I was pretty pissed because this was the reason I switched up the workout I was planning on doing at my other gym (even though it was going to be pretty similar) but it's principal. We rejoined up shortly after and things picked up, at least for me and my roomates regular workout partner. Though I think he'd have stopped 10-15 sets less than this workout normally. One excessive one (for him that is) will do him good no doubt.

I felt bad for my roomate. He's got a really messed up shoulder and always tries to hang with the other guy and today was no exception. It's frustrating because I'll try to gently tell him to take time off, strengthen his rotators, and work his post delts more but he won't take that advice. He does a few light sets of cable rotations for his rotators but doesn't make any effort to actually work the rotator. And then he goes and tries to military 185 or bench 315 and hurts and has to take a week or so off.

chevelle2291
08-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Man, I hate working out with other people. I usually go early to the gym (relatively) and do pretty well at staying focused (I mean, now I only have 15-20 sets to do anyways, and only 3 or so of them are real work sets), but if someone comes up to talk to me it just throws me off and I get into a conversation mood instead of an iron-killing mood. Ugh.

I can relate to trying to teach them a movement. The other day when I was in the gym there were some friends of mine doing some f'ed deads. We're talking just straight up (pun intended) back rounding. Looked horrible. I ALMOST said something, but I really do feel like a dick when I give unsolicited advice, so I stayed quiet.

Same thing happened later on in the same session. Some guy (a bit bigger than me, not as lean) was doing stiff deads with a rounded back. I had met him a few times at some frisbee practices and debated helping him out a bit, but decided against it.

Sometimes I think people just need to find out for themselves what they are doing wrong.

f=ma
08-25-2010, 02:47 AM
rory youre a nice guy. my neighbor asked me if i wanted to partner up to train and i told him, "no i prefer going alone" LOL. im such a jerk

arent bb preachers rough as hell on your elbow/forearms? good stuff though. have you thought more about to what next years path may lead?

chevelle2291
08-25-2010, 12:25 PM
What's DS mean?

f=ma
08-25-2010, 04:26 PM
drop set

chevelle2291
08-25-2010, 05:18 PM
drop set

O.

der.

Coke
08-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Back day is huge, like the way you changed gears in here...always rockin it no matter what.

Behemoth
08-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Man, I hate working out with other people. I usually go early to the gym (relatively) and do pretty well at staying focused (I mean, now I only have 15-20 sets to do anyways, and only 3 or so of them are real work sets), but if someone comes up to talk to me it just throws me off and I get into a conversation mood instead of an iron-killing mood. Ugh.

I can relate to trying to teach them a movement. The other day when I was in the gym there were some friends of mine doing some f'ed deads. We're talking just straight up (pun intended) back rounding. Looked horrible. I ALMOST said something, but I really do feel like a dick when I give unsolicited advice, so I stayed quiet.

Same thing happened later on in the same session. Some guy (a bit bigger than me, not as lean) was doing stiff deads with a rounded back. I had met him a few times at some frisbee practices and debated helping him out a bit, but decided against it.

Sometimes I think people just need to find out for themselves what they are doing wrong.

I pretty much NEVER workout with anybody. Maybe a few times a years I'll partner up in this sort of fashion. I really enjoyed it on tuesday but it would not work my extremely free spirit in every manor from rest days, to weight used, to how I feel like training that day to volume. I may make an effort to do a once in a while thing like this though as it was both fun and productive.

rory youre a nice guy. my neighbor asked me if i wanted to partner up to train and i told him, "no i prefer going alone" LOL. im such a jerk

arent bb preachers rough as hell on your elbow/forearms? good stuff though. have you thought more about to what next years path may lead?

Not really, 99/100 times I'll basically so no, you can't hang with me, or at least my demanor does. Anybody who sees me work out pretty much knows this. It's arrogant but it's quite true.

BB preachers destroy my forearms in the worst way yes. I let them pick the biceps exercises, I didn't care what movement we did here.

All day and everyday. It's not something worth talking about at this time. Things like friends who actually bodybuild, not half ass lift and eat a subway would have to fall into place in my future. Other things also. I realize how unprepared I was going into my prep this year and will not make that mistake again. If the future holds something different only time will tell.

What's DS mean?

drop set

O.

der.

Fail.

Back day is huge, like the way you changed gears in here...always rockin it no matter what.

Thanks Terry. Was a good back day.

Behemoth
08-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Chest, Abs

40x12 / 40x12
50x10 / 50x10
60x10 / 50x10
75x10! / 65x7!

With the direct shoulder work I'm doing these days I've decided it's in my best interest to switch my money maker from IC DB to flat DB. Took these very easy. I've used IC for years now but february 09 I tore a pec because I decided to switch it up for the day and blast out some flat presses with my IC weight. While it's an easier movement yes (with the same weight) I simply didn't have the neorological adaptions to control it. I wasn't making that mistake today.

Flat DB Press
55x12
55x12
75x8
75x8
100x10
105x10
115x6
115x6
115x6 - No set up until this point was to failure. Something left in the tank on all of these, as well as simply being careful with it. After this I dropped the weight and trained in my more typical all out fashion -
105x13
105x11.5
105x9
100x8.5 - These were done letting the inside plates let rest on my pecs, then exploding them off, then lowering them slowly

Cable Crossover
60x8
60x6
55x7
55x6.5
50x7.5
50x6.5 DS: 40x2.5
45x7.5
45x7

Hammerstrength Incline Press
260x5
240x5.5
240x4.999

Cable Crunches (Stack is 95)
95x15
150x15
150x12
150x10
150x8
150x8

Commentary: Good Workout. Mid cable crossovers I took off the headphones to say hi to a gym acquitance I hadn't seen in a while. At one point in the conversation I declared to him "no, I will stay natural for life" he laughed. And genuinely. At first completely confused as to what was funny then it dawned on me as I was saying "what?" he just replied with something like nah I know you are man or something like that. But he woudln't have laughed like that if he "knew I was". ****ing *******. I did a little one laugh ha as I turned around putting on my headphones and shaking my head pissed off. So if I seem it, this is why. People think they work hard. Work my ****ing job, learn about nutrition, get your ass to bed so you can train like an animal the next day and do this for over 8 years then come accuse me of being a ****ing cheater. Wouldn't make it one week in my shoes much less the time I've put in.

chevelle2291
08-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Commentary: Good Workout. Mid cable crossovers I took off the headphones to say hi to a gym acquitance I hadn't seen in a while. At one point in the conversation I declared to him "no, I will stay natural for life" he laughed. And genuinely. At first completely confused as to what was funny then it dawned on me as I was saying "what?" he just replied with something like nah I know you are man or something like that. But he woudln't have laughed like that if he "knew I was". ****ing *******. I did a little one laugh ha as I turned around putting on my headphones and shaking my head pissed off. So if I seem it, this is why. People think they work hard. Work my ****ing job, learn about nutrition, get your ass to bed so you can train like an animal the next day and do this for over 8 years then come accuse me of being a ****ing cheater. Wouldn't make it one week in my shoes much less the time I've put in.

That's why you leave the headphones in until you leave the gym. :p

I think it'd be cool if you could find some guys at one of your gyms that are as into bodybuilding as you are. I think that would help a lot. Forniskyping only goes so far. :p

Coke
08-27-2010, 12:51 AM
It is what it is, folks do tend to make certain and specific judgment calls against others no matter what, and the haters do it more often than not...pay it no mind, the last man standing will be you anyways, lol.

f=ma
08-27-2010, 08:59 AM
very strong benching rory. your db numbers are wicked. it is no wonder you have such good chest dev.

nonsense like you commented on is the reason i avoid lifting during afternoon/peak hours. i dont like to listen to anyones BS ... really i dont like to talk to anyone at all in the gym beyond a hi or a nod. but ya dont take that personally at all as its really the ultimate backhanded compliment for a natural lifter. he (he being said gym chump) looks at you and feels what you have is unattainable without drugs.. which says a lot about how advanced you are in the eyes of a layman.

f=ma
08-29-2010, 08:48 AM
rory hows IF going so far?

Behemoth
08-29-2010, 11:06 AM
That's why you leave the headphones in until you leave the gym. :p

I think it'd be cool if you could find some guys at one of your gyms that are as into bodybuilding as you are. I think that would help a lot. Forniskyping only goes so far. :p

I should leave them on more often.

- There aren't any. Actually there's one. Seriously, I live in a dead area of lifting knowledge and commitment. While I only lift in certain time frames during the day I cannot say this definitively because there may be very dedicated bodybuilders that come at other times. But at my primary gym I'm no doubt #1, I'm looked to as the guy at least between 5-8pm I am. At my secondary gym (the Y) there's others with quality training and commitment, but when I'm lean in the summer I definetly shine there also as questionably the best all around built bodybuilder. There are guys much bigger there but I never see get lean. And there are guys there who are always mad ripped but have never changed much in the last few years. I know of 4 competitive bodybuilders between the two gyms. 3 I watched compete at above 8% which they should just be embarassed at. The 4th was legtimately leaner than I've ever been. An honest to God 4.5-5% but he has 0 legs. Probably couldn't squat 2plates. I'm not being arrogant, I just don't know of anybody on my level (except for the one guy I alluded to, but he goes away to school so trying to strike up a bodybuilding friendship there is a moot point). I'm really not even on that advanced of a level, it's just my surroundings are pathetic. I wish I had natural pro's training in my area that I could get in the groove with and take my bodybuilding to the next level. Honestly I'm sure there are more dedicated folk around, just not that I happen to know of. Maybe I should check out a few more gyms in the area as well as throw in some training at other times and additionally be more friendly.

It is what it is, folks do tend to make certain and specific judgment calls against others no matter what, and the haters do it more often than not...pay it no mind, the last man standing will be you anyways, lol.

Well chosen words, I love it. Thanks Terry.

very strong benching rory. your db numbers are wicked. it is no wonder you have such good chest dev.

nonsense like you commented on is the reason i avoid lifting during afternoon/peak hours. i dont like to listen to anyones BS ... really i dont like to talk to anyone at all in the gym beyond a hi or a nod. but ya dont take that personally at all as its really the ultimate backhanded compliment for a natural lifter. he (he being said gym chump) looks at you and feels what you have is unattainable without drugs.. which says a lot about how advanced you are in the eyes of a layman.

It is a compliment in ways yes. I'd rather be respected for the time and effort I've put in than have it written off as drugs or genetics. But oh well. I wish there was some type of natural affiliated organization I was a part of that I could wear the shirts to train in. A big driving factor in my aspirations to compete this last year that I never shared was the credibility to prove I was natural. I wanted so bad to be able to wear an OCB or NGA natty tshirt from a show I competed in. Oh well, that's only myself to blame.

rory hows IF going so far?

I'm not on IF per se. As I've said I've been fasting through breakfast until noon, then 4pm preworkout meal, then post workout meal. I haven't been counting and I haven't been forcefeeding nor starving. Enstilling in myself some healthy normal eating instincts rather than the borderline eating disorder traits I've known for years now. Huge headway has been made and I think this was one of the smartest things I've done in years with lifting. I'm no doubt eatting about maintenance and settled in with a presentable setpoint of 12-13%. I'm 196-197 consistently. I know my body very well and just like when Alberto jacked my carbs up while lowering my protein the first 2 weeks working with him and I knew my metabolism was really improving. I feel the same right now. I'm sitting very pretty right now with regard to what I can do with my diet. With very, very minor diet adjustments and tracking I could probably drop to 10% in 3 weeks. As well as I have a HUGE window of gaining opportunity. I could put myself to 210 in probably 5-6 weeks. If you've been here you can understand the feeling of just knowing. I basically have the ability to fill out and feel very anabolic just like one would feel the first few weeks coming off of an extreme diet. The stellar part is I feel my metabolism and hormones are not nearly as wrecked and if I were to force that I could have a presentable composition of lean : non-lean gain. As well as the healthy metabolism and hormones to easily shed some.

Right now I'm not going to either extreme though. I do very much want to experiment with a "mini cut" at some point. And to be honest, I feel my maintenance is so elevated that it would hardly be a task right now. But I've held off from that because I want my legs to continue to heal. Additionally I start at the nuclear plant the day after labor day and I need to settle into some eating habits to accomodate that first. I'll probably get nightshift again come october so that will be another twist. Likely there won't be any hypo-caloric eating until I'm off of 72hr/weeks.

With regard to my legs they're feeling great. I've been moving all weekend and the place I moved out of was upstairs and the place I moved into was up several flights of steep stairs. 3 peoples worth of dressers, beds, boxes and tvs for 2 and half days now and they haven't given me any trouble. In fact, they feel better than ever. I may do some AM walks and stretching or hit the gym for light spinbike and stretching this week because it seems the active recoverys been very good for them. Right now, I'm shooting for my first leg day back on this friday and am stoked!

I don't have internet at my new place yet, I just happened to log in at my moms house while I was dropping some stuff off I didn't need. So I may not have any updates for a while. I can post from my phone but workouts and long posts like this are too tedious.

****s going really good and I feel very healthy physically and mentally after these extreme rigers I put myself through dieting!

chevelle2291
08-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Nice man. Good to hear everything's going well and that you're feeling better than ever.

Time+Patience
09-01-2010, 03:57 AM
****s going really good and I feel very healthy physically and mentally after these extreme rigers I put myself through dieting!

After a few long posts, this is the **** that I want to be reading.

Keep that fire blazing. Your workouts are stellar as always, and full of volume that would make me pass out, LOL.

If you saw my last workout, it's completely night and day comparing it to yours. But it goes to show that people can progress on different protocols.

Behemoth
09-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Scott, Ryan - Thank you men

I got the internet today but after setting up my computer I started getting blue screens. Its doing a system restore right now from safe mode (I'm at my moms again) hopefully that sorts itself out. Good workouts this week, Noteable mentions are a solid, clean set of low incline curls 55x8 on tuesday and some killer sets of flat db pressing with 115s and 120s where I let the outside plates rest on the side of my chest again between reps. Still shooting for my first leg day back tomorrow night!

Time+Patience
09-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Noteable mentions are a solid, clean set of low incline curls 55x8 on tuesday and some killer sets of flat db pressing with 115s and 120s

I really love low incline curls, the stretch and pump you get is insane!!!!

And damn you and those 120's. I hope to be there some day.

Behemoth
09-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Still getting blue screens. Anybody any good at analyzing hijack this logs?

Going to attempt to log last nights workout. probably get almost done with it and comp will freeze and my monitor will end up in the yard.

ThomasG
09-06-2010, 11:20 AM
So this is that secret place on WBB where all the bodybuilders hang out at.

Behemoth
09-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Delts, Triceps

Cable internal rotations / Cable external rotations
20x12 / 20x12
25x12 / 25x12
35x10 / 30x6

DB OH
45x12
65x6
80x4
100x8!
100x6
100x6 DS: 70x5
90x7
90x6

I was reallybombing my setup on every set. Consequently without the initial low starting rep I probably should have had +2 reps on every set here.

CG Bench
135x8
185x4
225x2
265x4
265x4
275x3.5
265x4

Standing lateral raises
45x10
55x7!
55x6
55x5
55x5.5
50x7
50x6
45x10

Angle Bar PDs
140x7! (stack +45)
140x5
140x4
120x8
120x6

Post delt on pec deck
230x8!
230x7
230x7
230x7
230x7
230x5

Commentary: Pretty good workout. Absolute monster showed up out the woodwork at the Y. Probably the most impressive build I've seen working out at either of my gyms. Strong as **** too, really motivated me.

Some training notes - I'm going to make a shift into a little lower rep ranges. 3-5 on the first few sets of my money maker exercises. I trained legs on friday but it was a bust. did a bunch of 1 plate sets of low box squats. Could feel the tendons so didn't push it. A guy asked me if I was on tren during because he wanted help with his cycle. Told him I was natural, this didn't bother me because he simply asked. Didn't just believe that I was like my last run in which still infuriates me. Blah

Some physique notes - Good. Sucks to watch my already ahead upper widen the gap between my lower body though. I'll make up for it when I'm fully healthy though make no mistake. Delt/chest tie in is sharp as hell. Makes me look lean as **** if I wear a sleevless and roll in it a little exposing some chest. Post delt/tricep tie in also looks nasty. I had veins all over my traps, delts and neck doing the lateral raises. All 8 abs are visible if flexed. Still very happy with how I'm gaining. Actually of the last week I consistently weighed in at 194-195 which was a rogue drop from consistent 196-197 the week before. I started adding extra carbs post workout after wednesdays chest day due to this.

Behemoth
09-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Weathers changing, it's becoming sweatshirt weather aronud here. Staying one step ahead of the game and killing it in a tee

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/2010-09-06-133754.jpg

f=ma
09-06-2010, 12:12 PM
wait so youve gained 20lbs including bloat and still have 8 visible abs? hate

anyways though, nice work. i'm a big fan of the OH pressing. what an exercise and youre clearly killing it. is your eating pretty much as described above still? i'm overwhelmingly curious about what martin the leangains guy can really do. do you think that guy who was at the Y was natty? i feel like i could explode if i did a few 12-15 week cycles of test.. but being really big isnt practical. dunno. clearly you would truly be a behemoth if you ran test. from what i can see, the new apartment looks great. nice wallmount lcd!

edit: the above paragraph looks like ramblings of a 8 year old. i like it.

chevelle2291
09-06-2010, 12:38 PM

mhmm. :)

Behemoth
09-06-2010, 02:04 PM

I have about 5 regular subscribers

wait so youve gained 20lbs including bloat and still have 8 visible abs? hateI'm not rocking them to the beach or anything, but yeah you can see each of them if I flex

anyways though, nice work. i'm a big fan of the OH pressing. what an exercise and youre clearly killing it. is your eating pretty much as described above still? Yeah i'm overwhelmingly curious about what martin the leangains guy can really do still don't think theres anything special about it. It's simply behavioural IMO. I cant see being able to put on serious mass like this, I definetly see breakfast being added at some point down the line for me. do you think that guy who was at the Y was natty? Yeah it's possible. Though probably bigger than the majority of most natty pros not inconceivable to think he couldn't be. I have no reason to assume he hasnt got there on his own i feel like i could explode if i did a few 12-15 week cycles of test.. but being really big isnt practical. why not? dunno. clearly you would truly be a behemoth if you ran test. The other guy that asked me about tren and some other juice he was on during my legday... I literally watched explode on it. I had overwhelming suspicion as I was watching him grow like Ive rarely seen anybody. He works like ****ing animal though. Clearly it's combination of the two. Honestly him telling me he was on and seeing what it did for him I feel I could benefit the same, and it's tempting, but I'd lose all my lifting pride. He's 11 weeks out from a show and by my judgement more like 20. I talked to him briefly about diet, he has a handle but didnt even know his macros, just went by daily consistent portions. It will be interested to see what happens with this guy in the next 11 weeks. from what i can see, the new apartment looks great. nice wallmount lcd! I'm digging it so far, thanks

edit: the above paragraph looks like ramblings of a 8 year old. i like it good ****.

mhmm. :)
Shush, your journal is twice as popular as mine. The only reason you still come around is because you're still in love with me. I've moved on. And I want facconable button down back.

chevelle2291
09-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Shush, your journal is twice as popular as mine. The only reason you still come around is because you're still in love with me. I've moved on. And I want facconable button down back.

Fuk that noise, I'm keeping that.

Behemoth
09-08-2010, 03:58 AM
yesterdays workout

Back, very mild biceps

BB Rows + blue aerobics band. No not a real band, I plan on buying some when I get some more cash. Probably added 50 resistance at the top.

135x15
185x12
225x12
225x9 lfs (which is a designation I jot down meaning either last few shallow, or last few sloppy)
225x11 lfs

Wide PDs
210x8
225x5
225x5
225x4 DS: 195x4
210x8

HS High Row
120x5.5
120x4
110x6
110x6

Rack Pulls Real high. From right above knee. More of a stiff legged lockout than conventional. Hate these, want to pull from the floor bad.
135x12
225x10
315x6
365x4
365x4
365x5

HS Front PD
150x6!
140x6!
140x5!

Seated shrugs
105x9!
115x8!
115x8
115x8

Low incline curls
60x3!
55x6

Commentary Good. Considering >50 minutes sleep, no nap, and only 150mg caffeine pre.

Behemoth
09-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Ate breakfast yesterday as I didn't want to drag first day at nuclear plant with little rest. Weight in 198 yesterday 198.5 today. Good ****. Since I've pretty much met one of beginning goals of learning some moderation without either extreme in diet I'm going to take a few days, maybe a week to track. I'm not going to change my eatting habits as of lately, I'm just going to record the amount of oats I pour into the bowl I feel I need etc. Anxious to see the numbers, though they're probably lower than I feel like they are. I feel like I'm eatting 3500-3800kcal. We'll see.

Behemoth
09-08-2010, 05:31 PM
130s on video. Still killin it. Ill post it lata tonight

Time+Patience
09-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Weight in 198 yesterday 198.5 today. Good ****. Since I've pretty much met one of beginning goals of learning some moderation without either extreme in diet

I definitely like the sound of this. Almost 200 pounds and you still are rather lean, that's definite progress.

I believe that getting away from all of the obsession with weighing your foods and making sure your portions are divided perfectly helps get yourself away from the monotonous routine that can be BBing. That's definitely one thing I've always strayed away from and I've never been one to obsess over it, and I'm quite happy that I don't.

Oh and 130 pounds, SICK.

Behemoth
09-08-2010, 07:13 PM
40x10 / 40x10
50x10 / 50x10
60x6 / 60x6
80x10! / 65x6

DB Press All sets (except 130s) are done resting inner dumbell plates on outter chest for a second
60x12
80x6
105x4
120x6.5
120x8
130x5!!
130x4.5!!
120x6
105x8 DBs handles well below chest, pause, speed reps. These may as well have been pink at this point.

Cable Crossover
65x6
60x6
60x5
55x7
55x7

Hammerstrength IC Press
270x5.5
270x4
260x7
260x6
250x8.5 Let go and reset (intentionally) on every rep this set

Cable crunches Stacks 95. I've manuevered some ghetto rigging to hang several plates
95x12
165x10
165x8
140x12
140x12
140x7
140x8

Commentary :)

Behemoth
09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Pressing went like this
- Warmups felt light
- First set of 120s I bombed the setup yet again
- Second set I nailed it and was on pace for a killer set. Assface apparently thinks I was going to need a spot at about rep 2 or 3 runs over and tries to grab my wrists. I fiercely yelled out DONT TOUCH ME! Suprisingly rather than screw my concentration I had an epic adrenaline rush and banged out the next 5 or 6 flawlessly.
- I had no intnetions of making the jump today but with that set being smoked I decided to do one set of 130s for a double maybe a tripple given I'm making a swing to lower rep ranges for a little while. Never thought I'd get five. They were shakey and not 100% depth but in my eyes all completely legitmate reps. Fresh it's tough to say if this set would have been better or worse and without my prior mid set motivation.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdo0MLhnaPo?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdo0MLhnaPo?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Food totals came in @ 3810kcal, 71.9f/464.5c/346.2p This is pretty much spot on how I've been eatting lately. Considering my eatting is consistent and my prediction about my intake were quite accurate the extra stress and time of weighing and counting like today is doing things ass backwards IMO.

For a more detailed look of what my eatting has looked like you can check it out here (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=ror_e) . The shake in there at breakfast (which was the .5 "BF Whey" and "solution 5") was good for 160cals that hadn't been in the last couple weeks of me floating at maintenace. So 3810 - 160 = still dead in my ballpark assumption of 3500-3800 that I made.

Coke
09-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Flat benching heavy DBs in each hand for several sets is no joke, props.

Behemoth
09-11-2010, 01:01 PM
I believe that getting away from all of the obsession with weighing your foods and making sure your portions are divided perfectly helps get yourself away from the monotonous routine that can be BBing. That's definitely one thing I've always strayed away from and I've never been one to obsess over it, and I'm quite happy that I don't.

I agree. It's like your approach to prep last year, you trusted yourself and it all worked out.

Flat benching heavy DBs in each hand for several sets is no joke, props.

Thanks Terry

Behemoth
09-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Yesterdays legs

Squats
135x10
135x8
185x6
185x6
225x4
225x4
275x4
275x4

Legs felt fine though this. For not lifting them in 6 weeks I was suprised how light this all felt. Not that it isn't light, it's just I would have though 2pps would feel like 3pps after such a layoff.

DB Lunges
50s x 20
75s x20
75s x10

Legs felt pretty good on these too until the last set. I could have finished it easy and would have like to move up in weight again, but I felt a little discomfort in my right leg towards the end. Not pushing anything yet.

Reverse hypers I hold the plate about a foot above my head. Not on it, nor are my arms outstretched.
+10 x 10
25x10
25x8
25x8

Commentary I think they're going to be okay. I'm just going to keep easing into some more for a while here. If I get healthy before long Im thinking about squatting heavy 2x a week at the expense of some upper body volume as the margin I've widened here the last two months I'm not happy with.

f=ma
09-11-2010, 01:18 PM
How are those canned potatoes?

Your bench is really moving. You're gonna catch stan efferdin (sp)

Behemoth
09-11-2010, 01:31 PM
How are those canned potatoes?

Your bench is really moving. You're gonna catch stan efferdin (sp)

They're alright. They're white potatoes so that was a post workout meal there. I didn't have much food in the house so I used them. Lately I've been eatting freezer soft pretzels but I was out. I'm probably order dextrose and/or malto with my next supp order because when I start working out at work it's going to be right after and I'll need something easy to pack.

chevelle2291
09-11-2010, 01:55 PM
They're alright. They're white potatoes so that was a post workout meal there. I didn't have much food in the house so I used them. Lately I've been eatting freezer soft pretzels but I was out. I'm probably order dextrose and/or malto with my next supp order because when I start working out at work it's going to be right after and I'll need something easy to pack.

Where do you order most of your supps?

Oh and for some reason the vid isn't working for me.

Behemoth
09-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Bb.com which ill probably get yelled at for saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdo0MLhnaPo try that

f=ma
09-11-2010, 02:44 PM
i like bulknutrition

chevelle2291
09-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Bb.com which ill probably get yelled at for saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdo0MLhnaPo try that

Really? I always thought they were kinda pricey in terms of shipping...

No wonder you were able to press all that weight up, the gym was playing our song.

Behemoth
09-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Really? I always thought they were kinda pricey in terms of shipping...

No wonder you were able to press all that weight up, the gym was playing our song.

I order several months worth of whatever I'm ordering. In such volume a $7-8 shipping charge I don't even notice especially when you factor in the money I save from buying most other places. Even more clutch is theres a warehouse in PA and with ground shipping I get it the next day.

I thought we first danced to bryan adams?

Behemoth
09-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Calves, Biceps, Abs

Low IC Curls
30x10
40x6
50x8
50x8 lfs
50x8
50x7
50x8

Straight Leg Rotary Calf
40x10
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x10
60x10
60x9
60x9

HS Crunch
25x12
50x12
50x10
50x10
50x10

Seated Calf
90x10
90x6
90x6
90x5
90x6
90x5

Single Arm Cable Curl Back facing the stack
35x8
42.5x8
42.5x8

Commentary
Good workout. Even enjoyed it and normally I hate training each and every one of these groups.

In general things are really good too. Not full out bulking has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. My confidence is prepetually topped off as if I'm holding peak condition and I find myself being pretty alpha. I went out last night to one of the bars near my place. Met a girl there and hit it off for a while. We walked over to another bar nextdoor. Ran into an ex there (straight up brittany daniel look alike that it didn't work out with), rather than get uncomfortable and ackward like I would have expected myself to, I gave her a big hug, picked her up, kissed her on the cheek and started joking about how much I missed her (which I don't). It was pretty funny.

dynamo
09-11-2010, 06:55 PM
well done sir, on all accounts.

chevelle2291
09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
At this point I could say anything and she'd be right back. But I saved face and let her walk closing the door on her.

Nice to know you can decide either way, eh?

I'm lulzing at all the stories that'd come out of you visiting Tim in florida and hitting the clubs haha.

Behemoth
09-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Here we go steelers

Time+Patience
09-12-2010, 07:05 PM
That's great news regarding the last leg workout. I'm actually surprised that you were even playing with 275 for reps knowing that you haven't squatted in weeks. It's gotta be encouraging that 275 wasn't as heavy as you anticipated. I definitely see some big increases in your squat once you are into things full swing.

You've been killing things lately. Very fun to watch.

Coke
09-12-2010, 08:27 PM
My confidence is prepetually topped off as if I'm holding peak condition and I find myself being pretty alpha.

wtf, you be staying alpha, lol - as well you should, wouldn't want to see you any other way.

f=ma
09-13-2010, 02:46 AM
dude you blew it

whenever a girl tells you "i dont want you to think im a slut" thats when you either whip it out and/or rip her pants off because she is in fact a slut

dogs are seriously the best excuse ever to isolate a girl from the pack. its my mainstay. i blame everything on my dog.

Behemoth
09-13-2010, 04:05 AM
well done sir, on all accounts.
Thanks for stopping in and the feedback man

Nice to know you can decide either way, eh?

I'm lulzing at all the stories that'd come out of you visiting Tim in florida and hitting the clubs haha.
Or the dog parks.

That's great news regarding the last leg workout. I'm actually surprised that you were even playing with 275 for reps knowing that you haven't squatted in weeks. It's gotta be encouraging that 275 wasn't as heavy as you anticipated. I definitely see some big increases in your squat once you are into things full swing.

You've been killing things lately. Very fun to watch.
I was pretty happy. I didn't plan on going past 2 plates but it felt so smooth and light with no discomfort I saw no reason not to. I opened up my stance to a little outside of shoulder to shift some of the movement to hams and glutes. My strength is built on about a foot in between spacing but I think I should progress up to my numbers from last year again at this stance. If I'm doing 365 for sets and reps come spring I'll be happy, which I don't see be a problem.

wtf, you be staying alpha, lol - as well you should, wouldn't want to see you any other way.
Thanks man, feels good to feel good heh.

dude you blew it

whenever a girl tells you "i dont want you to think im a slut" thats when you either whip it out and/or rip her pants off because she is in fact a slut

dogs are seriously the best excuse ever to isolate a girl from the pack. its my mainstay. i blame everything on my dog.

I didn't blow it, I let her walk. There was more than just "I dont want you to be a slut" "Oh ok bye". I was basically tired of coaxing it and decided to freeze her out, which worked. At which time I realized I'd get better gratification out of watching her tuck her tail between her legs and walk out than actually slaying it.

Yeah man, dogs are the ****. I knew you were always talking about yours being a magnet so I decided to keep a picture of one of them as my background on my phone. Thanks!

Behemoth
09-13-2010, 04:29 AM
Last nights workout here

Shoulders and triceps

20x12 / 20x12
25x10 / 25x10
25x12 / 25x12
35x11 / 30x10

DB OH
45x12
65x6
80x4
100x6
100x6
100x4+1 DS: 70x4
90x7.5

Working with deeper ROM here hence the less reps. With the exception of the 70x4 dropset which was shallow (still probably deeper than a lot of guys do it though)

CG Bench
135x8
185x4
225x2
275x4
275x4
275x3+1
275x3+1
brief rest, enough of one that it wasn't really a dropset though
225x7.5

Lateral Raises I should not that I do these almost in an upright row fashion with dumbells whereas I lead with my elbows much higher than the weights. But it differs from the row because I'm pinching my shoulder blades as I rise and pulling the dumbells away from each other as the weight travels up.
45x10
55x8!
55x6
55x5.5
50x8 lfs
50x8
45x12

Angle Bar PDs
140x6.5
140x6
120x8
120x6
95x8

Post Delt on Pec-Deck
240x9!
240x8!
240x5.5!
225x7.5
225x6

Commentary: Buddy and I planned to train shoulders together last week. I wasn't altering my workout so he added tris for the day too. Got there and him and two other guys were apparently in on it too. I should have known that was going to happen. I would have preferred it just me and him as when we trained back a few weeks ago I could tell he was really motivated working out with me and in turn seeing him progressively up the effort as we went along motivated me. This workout here turned out to be a little more casual than I prefer. The thing I like most about when I do workout with a partner is the change of cadence it forces me into for a workout. Back and forth you go I go you go I go is really effective at getting your head in the game at times.

Behemoth
09-13-2010, 04:43 AM
Having a little fun outside of the PR smashing mindset

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEU5SkXCJq8?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEU5SkXCJq8?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEU5SkXCJq8

chevelle2291
09-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Commentary: Buddy and I planned to train shoulders together last week. I wasn't altering my workout so he added tris for the day too. Got there and him and two other guys were apparently in on it too. I should have known that was going to happen. I would have preferred it just me and him as when we trained back a few weeks ago I could tell he was really motivated working out with me and in turn seeing him progressively up the effort as we went along motivated me. This workout here turned out to be a little more casual than I prefer. The thing I like most about when I do workout with a partner is the change of cadence it forces me into for a workout. Back and forth you go I go you go I go is really effective at getting your head in the game at times.

Gotta stop workin' out with less hardcore people than yourself haha.

Come visit a certain relative of yours sometime soon and I'll do a workout with ya. Yes, I'll be doing around 1/4 of the weight you do, but it's the thought that counts. :p

f=ma
09-15-2010, 03:21 AM
db presses look good. imma do some of those. i think slightly below parallel is legit on OH press w/ dbs. i have that exercise to thank for my delt development as is! do you have any more bar trash in tow as of lately?

Behemoth
09-15-2010, 04:29 AM
My computer bit it, completely toast. Not sure when ill be getting another, ill probably make due with my phone until black Friday. Ill try to get some workout updates and whatnot logged from either a roomates computer or my moms if I'm at her house. Back day yesterday. Pulled from the floor for the first time in a very long time. Weak as ****, did doubles only getting up to 365x2. Tendons felt good during, taxed and achey shortly after, good again now. Lower backs been being a little bitch past couple days and wants to go out but hasn't knock on wood. Hopefully it relaxes for Friday so I can continue to ease back into some squatting.

Behemoth
09-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Got my computer back into safemode with networking, it might be salvagable. Killer chest and abs tonight. **** needs to slow down. I hope my legs grow like this when I get into some hardcore training of them again. on the opening set of db 130s I only gained one rep at 130x6 but I absolutely manhandled them. The depth and control awesome. So many reps were grinders in the 3 sets I did with them but I fought them all straight up and got so many I wasnt sure I had. Then I dropped to 120 for some higher rep sets that were impecable. Rest of the workout went good too. Solid PRs on the final sets of HS IC press too.

Behemoth
09-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Heres a relax shot for an update of where I'm at. Sitting in the upper 190s. 197-199.5
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/IMG_20100915_202949.jpg

Considering I could cut calories mildy for a week or two and drop 10lbs of bloat no problem whatsoever and I can almost still see striation in the chest and veins in the arms I'm quite happy.

Behemoth
09-15-2010, 07:33 PM
They didn't end up using any before/after shots in the article.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/pre-backcropped.jpg

chevelle2291
09-15-2010, 07:44 PM
They didn't end up using any before/after shots in the article.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/pre-backcropped.jpg

how can u say you are endo?

Time+Patience
09-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't be thinking too much about the 365x2 on the Deads. The big movements take a few weeks to get back into the mechanics. Last May my Squat went up by leaps and bounds, I was squatting 405 one week and then hitting 455 1-2 weeks later. Heck, just last week I did 365x8 on Deads, then this week I hit it for 15, talk about a huge turn around.

I think if your focus was to increase a specific exercise such as Squats or Deads, then you'd be able to make it happen, but you know what your true goals are so it's sort of a moot issue. I know that any strength gains are more than welcomed by you, but that's not your sole purpose. I think it's been obvious what your sole purpose is, and you're making great progress thus far.

Oh now I have to post up some of my pictures from my younger days! I actually have a great deal of pictures to show my progress over the years, it's actually pretty cool to reflect upon. I had to LOL at that back shot, but in a weird way i could still tell that was you? I hope that doesn't sound creepy now :confused:

Cheers to progression! I'm happy I'm not that same 120 pounder I was 12 years ago.

Behemoth
09-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Because that was age 12...

I've probably gained over 200-250lbs of fat in the years since, simply kept it check with diets and an always very physical lifestyle

Time+Patience
09-15-2010, 07:59 PM
how can u say you are endo?

I'm wondering the same thing?

I've always thought of myself as a true mesomorph, and I'd say that you are I are very comparable physique-wise, so I'd assume you to be a true mesomorph also. I'd possibly give you the meso-endomorph, or is it endo-mesomorph? Might I be wrong in thinking that I'm a mesomorph, would you label me as something different?
(I'm starting to talk out of my arse, it's been years since I read Arnold's Encyclopedia of BBing. I'm mad that it was ruined in a flood years back, I loved that book.)

Behemoth
09-15-2010, 08:10 PM
My understanding of the samaotypes is it should be evaluated without any controls. I lift... a lot, work... a lot, and watch carefully over my diet. If I lived a casual lifestyle to not give thought to my body I would be over 250lbs all fat no question about it whatsoever. A true ecto is one who is naturally always skinny. And true mesos are the rare bastard that look like they lift (even if only small but still very muscular). I know a few of the latter and they all explode like their own juice if they pick up a brick two or three times.

Trust me, if I went two months without lifting nobody woulf know I did at all.

chevelle2291
09-15-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm wondering the same thing?

I've always thought of myself as a true mesomorph, and I'd say that you are I are very comparable physique-wise, so I'd assume you to be a true mesomorph also. I'd possibly give you the meso-endomorph, or is it endo-mesomorph? Might I be wrong in thinking that I'm a mesomorph, would you label me as something different?
(I'm starting to talk out of my arse, it's been years since I read Arnold's Encyclopedia of BBing. I'm mad that it was ruined in a flood years back, I loved that book.)

did ya get it?

ThomasG
09-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Lookin swole. Do you ever plan to compete?

Behemoth
09-15-2010, 08:49 PM
did ya get it?

l.o.l.

Behemoth
09-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Lookin swole. Do you ever plan to compete?

Yeah, every year. But I don't have what it takes.

chevelle2291
09-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah, every year. But I don't have what it takes.

Yea you do.

Behemoth
09-17-2010, 04:34 AM
back and hips are whack. Back also still very domsd from deadlifting first time in forever a few days ago. However, I get a sweet day work today. My pay rate is +$5/hr for the job I get however I'm getting pulled at 11 for training (sit in a classroom and zone out for the rest of the day. And if the instructor finishes early I go home early paid too) and still get the increased rate for the rest of the day. So I got lotsa time to mock up a workout today

Coke
09-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Wow man, you obviously put yourself in a position to have this type of day - that's great.

Great relaxed shot, no doubt you will obtain even higher heights in this game as you move forward.

f=ma
09-18-2010, 05:00 AM
nice dude whats the job? howd that workout go?

cphafner
09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
New journal? Don't think I've been in yet. Looking ridiculous in that pic.

chevelle2291
09-19-2010, 07:32 PM

nuke plant operator I believe.

Any B-Day PRs Rory? :)

Behemoth
09-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Wow man, you obviously put yourself in a position to have this type of day - that's great.

Great relaxed shot, no doubt you will obtain even higher heights in this game as you move forward.

It was just a one day upgrade. My whole department got it.

Its at nuclear power plant. I'm brought in as a laborer to stage and prep **** for the outtage but as far as the temporary employees go I have some seniority. When the plant actually goes down I get upgraded to a different department. I'll be a nuclear mechanic here in about a week.

I had my xtend mixed up, my shake made everything ready but backed out last minute. Good thing because the back is still screwy. It's probably a little better this morning but has been rough all weekend. I don't see deadlifting on tuesday, I'm not even sure I'll be okay for upper back unless it improves some.

New journal? Don't think I've been in yet. Looking ridiculous in that pic.

Thanks Conner.

nuke plant operator I believe.

Any B-Day PRs Rory? :)

Heh... I wish. My dad's one there and that's basically how I got in the first time. I've applied for it and know I could pass the tests but they won't look at me because my degree isn't "technical". What's really depressing is last time they hired in laborers for permant jobs I almost made it and was pretty confident I would next hiring. And once permanently employeed you can bid any department, regardless of your credentials, assuming you can pass the tests. Well they posted 8 new positions for hire, and while I still applied, I just learned they're only supposed to take people whose degrees are technical for this now too. This has been heavy on my mind the last two days since I found out as I've literally been silently waiting for this position to open up for 2 years now thinking I'd be a shoe in and then able to bid out and be set.

Anyhow, no bday PRs... I was out for the count by 11:30 stumbling home ha.

Behemoth
09-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Still blue screens and safe mode. We'll see if I can get this one logged before I get a crash

Back

DL
135x10
135x4
225x4
225x2
315x2
365x4
365x3.5

Wide PDs
255x6!
255x4.5!
240x8
240x8
240x6 -- added straps for the remainder. Never before strapped anything but shrugs and lunges.
225x8
225x6.5
225x6.5

HS High Row
130x6!

HS plate loading Isolateral Row (alternating)
180x8/8
270x8/8
320x6/6
320x6/6
320x6/6

HS Front PD
145x7
125x9.5
125x7

Seated DB Shrugs
120x7.5!
120x8!
120x9.5!

Trap Bar Shrugs
225x9
225x10
225x10

Wide PDs
225x8
225x6
225x5

Commentary: Great workout. I've weaned off of stims except for a cup of coffee or two in the morning. I had been drinking a lot more coffee, caffeine pills and preworkout supps as needed. But its time to give the adrenal system some reset and get back to normal. Cranked this **** out like I was on meth though. No way could it have been the 50g dextrose inclusive supp (non-stim) added 1 hour preworkout... could it?

Deadlifting was pretty risky. Back and knees felt fine during. On my last set of trap bar deads when I was setting the weight down I felt a bad click on my inner right knee where the strain is worst. Was really worried initally but it walked off in just a minute or two. It feels fine now but I iced the hell out it when I got home and did the back too just because.

Also devising some split changes where I'll likely be squatting twice a week, once heavy low reps and then a second day with less weight, some higher reps, but still pretty low volume. I want to move deads off of back day to this supplemental day also. We'll see.

Behemoth
09-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Wanted to go on record and reconcile an innacuracy I noted in here a few weeks ago. The guy that asked me if I was on tren a few weeks ago was indeed natural at the time (and an impressive build, actually very impressive considering his brief training history). I misunderstood him when he said he wanted help with a cycle, he meant he was planning on using but hadn't started yet. Anyhow he has started now but was natural then and big as **** that I thought was the juice once I thought he came out with it.

I really like this guy, he's prepping for a show I think 8.5 weeks out now. We've been bs'ing a lot lately and he's a good dude. He's got a solid grasp on training and a fair one on nutrition IMO. But his work ethic shines, I very, very rarely see one I'm impressed with. Its actually really funny because at my #1 gym I've pretty much been the #1 guy the last year. Well when this guy showed up here everybody that I knew was saying he was trying to encroach on my territory and **** (and just joking of course, it's not my territory). One guy made a joke when we happened to be working nearly out side by side and I was wearing blue and he was wearing red and said it was the bloods and the crips lol. I guess everyone just expected us to start male posturing and puffing our chests for dominance. But that's far but been the case. I'll give him credit where its due, he's definetly bigger than me. We're at about equal leaness right now. He's stronger in general I think. He pulled 495 today but I think I still have him on legs once I'm healthy as well maybe chest and back? Not sure. I didn't see any very heavy squatting or presses today on his leg day. I think I still have a little more pop and balance to my physique than he has. Overall we both have our areas where we shine and lack and I think it's pretty badass that we get along, and I'm pretty stoked to see his show.

Invain
09-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Sup dude, didn't know you started a new journal.

I love lifting with people that are as strong as/stronger than me, always great motivation.

fixationdarknes
09-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Sup man. Volumous-looking action there. Lol'd @ bloods and crips XD That's cool to have some extra motivation/competition. I don't feel like there's anyone I can really relate with at my gym (either they are huge and way stronger than me or way weaker than me or just don't even do the same kinds of exercises so it's meh).

chevelle2291
09-21-2010, 10:59 PM
HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME????

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0805/cheating-demotivational-poster-1212181885.jpg

f=ma
09-22-2010, 05:05 PM
nice deads rory.

ryan, move on. youve been dumped

Behemoth
09-23-2010, 04:26 AM
****ty deads.

Even ****tier is the $950 on hotel and airline fees some brittish dbag charged on my debit card yesterday. Getting that call during my workout + my cold ruined my day and workout yesterday. Its not like I was already in a bad mood or anything when I came home and the dogs tore the trash apart tracking coffee grounds everywhere.

Oh well, hopefully I feel better and get this stuff resolved tonight and can get in some decent legs on Friday. My badge finally admits me into the work gym and they have a hack squat there I'm excitied to get under.

Time+Patience
09-23-2010, 04:44 AM
****ty deads.

Even ****tier is the $950 on hotel and airline fees some brittish dbag charged on my debit card yesterday. Getting that call during my workout + my cold ruined my day and workout yesterday. Its not like I was already in a bad mood or anything when I came home and the dogs tore the trash apart tracking coffee grounds everywhere.

Oh well, hopefully I feel better and get this stuff resolved tonight and can get in some decent legs on Friday. My badge finally admits me into the work gym and they have a hack squat there I'm excitied to get under.

I had something very similar happen to be a year ago during the summer time. Someone got ahold of my debit card and charged about $600 on it, and I didn't have much in there so I was getting hammered with overdraft fees. I bank with 5th 3rd and they were very helpful and gave me the credit on the majority of everything, I think i did have to pay a fee or 2.

It wasn't too bad, but I was re-issued a new card and things have been fine since then.

Hopefully it all works itself out within the next few days.

Behemoth
09-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey man you GTL?
Yeah maybe.
Looks like it, how much you bench?
I don't know I use dumbells.
That's cool man... you want a job?
What kind of job?
Bank teller.
Uhh what? That qualifies me how?

Lols

f=ma
09-23-2010, 04:14 PM
rory, same thing happened to me in may of 08. some thief charged $1700 in t-mobile phones on my debit card. i use bank of america and it was actually very painful. i had to sign a bunch of affidavits and then they threatened to reassess the charge because they were missing paper work. in the end, i went into the branch where i opened my accounts, made a profane scene, threatened to close all of my accounts into cashiers checks, and suddenly everything was fixed.

moral of the story: use a credit card for all of your day to day purchases. debit card transactions are not always protected.

Time+Patience
09-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey man you GTL?
Yeah maybe.
Looks like it, how much you bench?
I don't know I use dumbells.
That's cool man... you want a job?
What kind of job?
Bank teller.
Uhh what? That qualifies me how?

Lols

It would definitely be very random to see a swole dude working the bank teller job. I'm used to seeing tall skinny guys or young females. I only wish I could see more of the good looking females, I'll always make sure i go in for my transactions if I find a bank with a nice hottie.

LOL, I sound like an old pervert.

f=ma
09-24-2010, 02:57 AM
so apparently there is no workout.

Behemoth
09-24-2010, 03:32 AM
so apparently there is no workout.

?There was a wed chest day that was garbage that I didn't log. Thurs is always an off day. Legs tonight...

Time+Patience
09-24-2010, 05:02 AM
Legs tonight...

Are you planning on taking it easy still or are you ready to go for a more intense leg workout?

f=ma
09-24-2010, 05:16 AM
ah. good stuff

Behemoth
09-24-2010, 05:24 AM
I'm definetly not 100%. Ham tendons are so, so much better these days. The inside of my right leg is still worrysome.

Ill be playing it be feel. Feeling the squats out as I go. I do plan on brining up the volume today regardless of if I feel ready to work at more than say 80% intensity.

Behemoth
09-24-2010, 05:57 PM
More bank difficulties. Fraudulent charges have now netted $1400 due to every autodebiting bill I have seeming to hit right after the frauds put my checking in a deficit.

I packed to workout t the work gym after work but after checking my bank midday I realized I had to get to the bank again today asap. Ended up working out at my regular gym, I guess the hack squats I was looking forward to will have to wait until next week.

Workout was nothing special, worked up to a few low rep sets at 3pps on squats then did a couple 20rep sets at 2pps then a handful of weighted reverse hypers. Ill post it if my computer allows me.

f=ma
09-24-2010, 06:27 PM
rory, sorry to hear about the bank BS. i know firsthand how much of a PITA that is. i hope your bank does whats right and pulls back some of those fees that im sure theyre slapping to you

been foam rolling? i started rolling my quads/hams/glutes. the leg muscles are so tender.. pretty crazy for what it is

Behemoth
09-26-2010, 02:50 PM
I was reminded again why I never train before 5pm. This one was at 12:30, not in the zone one bit. low energy. zero fun. Roger waters doing the wall in it's entirity tonight so it was train early or not train. In retrospecte I wouldn't have.

Shoulders. Triceps

40x10
50x10
50x10
50x10

DB OH Press
50x12
70x6
85x4
105x3! completely botched the flip. Had them 90% into position and lost them. Should have had 4, maybe 5.
100x6
95x4 wow wtf

CG Bench
135x10
185x4
225x2
285x3!
285x2.5
275x4 - felt easy, probably had 5 but no spotter and just coming off of a fail w/o one rattles my confidence
275x3
245x6

Lateral Raise
45x12
55x6
50x7

At this point I had enough. I was just not having fun. Super short. Waste of a workout IMO.

chevelle2291
09-26-2010, 03:49 PM
I get what you mean about training later. I either train an hour after I wake up with the help of some stimulants, or later at night. Otherwise, my sessions suck.

Your lateral raises are still nuts. :)

Coke
09-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Your bank really ought to waive them fees due to theft, good luck with getting that **** cleared up.

f=ma
09-27-2010, 06:07 PM
nice dude 105s

once you start getting up there in db presses, anything out of the groove in the db kickup can kill a set, as you obviously know

Invain
09-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Strong close-grips

Behemoth
09-28-2010, 11:29 AM
On 10s this week. 6 - 12s starting sat. This means regular gyms are out, its work gym now. Gym here is badass except dbs only go to 100. Db benching is out, debating between flat bb free weight and smith incline for my chest money maker. Haven't used flat bb regulalry in probably 5 or more years... to the tune of probably 165lbs. Also considering bb military, or maybe ill superset db oh with lateral raises beforehand.

chevelle2291
09-28-2010, 12:55 PM
I'd like to see bb incline if you have it and bb military, although I am really curious to see what you can accomplish on the flat bench. Think you could rep 315?

Behemoth
09-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Off the bat no. With a few weeks getting comfortable with it and starting to adapt to it probably a low rep set. Id like to believe I'm capable of about a 350lb 1rm if I were to work with it 6-8 months. I get frustrated with it easily though. All other lifts say I should be a good bencher but when push comes to shove and I get under it its always disapointing and unimpressive.

If I go freeweight ic bb I'm dropping any vertical pressing. I'm leaning towards flat bb nice and easy for tomorrow. Pretty aprehensive about military bb though, might work with low weight high reps if so, just too many damn injuries happen from that movement. Flat bb too though...

chevelle2291
09-28-2010, 03:21 PM
just too many damn injuries happen from that movement.

?? Where'd ya hear that? I've never heard that for miilitary bb before.

Behemoth
09-28-2010, 05:22 PM
?? Where'd ya hear that? I've never heard that for miilitary bb before.

Never heard it, just nearly everyone I know/met whose hurt a shoulder has done it on some sort of barbell pressing. As a matter of fact I don't know anyone who avoids these motions who does have an issue. Obviously they can be done safely I'm not at all insinuating they can't. I've just had a stigma against them for a very long time because I feel when it comes to shoulder health, dbs are indefinetly safer.

Behemoth
09-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Back day kicked my ass out of the gate today. 365 came off the floor at about .02mph and never accelerated. It was short, I had no energy for it. If I know myself this will pick up though, right now my bodies in a little shock from the extended workday then going straight to lifting without the 2 hour downtime I usually give myself

f=ma
09-28-2010, 05:29 PM
standing mili from a safety perspective is srsly one of the hardest exercises you can do. i was forced to do so from the floor last year and dumped 195 from overhead when i lost my balance..... VERY lucky no one was hurt as there were people much too close to me for what i was doing. lost a push press of 205 when i was in college...

and agrd, for whatever reason, bb puts so much more strain on the shoulder girdle. i have no idea what the science is behind that, either.. probably the hand positioning and the path of descent?

f=ma
09-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Back day kicked my ass out of the gate today. 365 came off the floor at about .02mph and never accelerated. It was short, I had no energy for it. If I know myself this will pick up though, right now my bodies in a little shock from the extended workday then going straight to lifting without the 2 hour downtime I usually give myself
i dont know how you work then lift. it boggles me... i could never do that well...how are the tendons/wheels feeling?

Behemoth
09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
standing mili from a safety perspective is srsly one of the hardest exercises you can do. i was forced to do so from the floor last year and dumped 195 from overhead when i lost my balance..... VERY lucky no one was hurt as there were people much too close to me for what i was doing. lost a push press of 205 when i was in college...

and agrd, for whatever reason, bb puts so much more strain on the shoulder girdle. i have no idea what the science is behind that, either.. probably the hand positioning and the path of descent?

I really don't know. The obvious comes to mind that dbs take more stabilizers that are oh so important for when we do fall out we fall out of our groove on the way up... and eventually at some point in time everyone will. It's just a matter of if we have the "awkward position" strength (so to speak) to recover back into the path safely or even ditch the lift altogether safely. Plus dbs are more difficult, so the body is under less weight while producing the same (and in my mind more) hypertrophy. IE - someone who can incline 150lb dbs is a brute and is going to have a huge chest to do it. But somebody who can incline bb press the weight equivalent of 300lbs is far less impressive, and likely requires a fraction of the chest development to do so. He probably needs to be doing 365+ to be in the ballpark of the db presser, and that's obviously more risk...

I agree, I think it also extends into the mechanics. I'm no kinesiology expert and never retain anything on the subject. But it's pretty easily contrived that DBs can travel in a plane that is more natural than a BB, no?

i dont know how you work then lift. it boggles me... i could never do that well...how are the tendons/wheels feeling?

yeah it sucks right now. I'm pretty much on my feet 10 straight hours which even if it's a light day (and today was) somehow that still wears on you.

Legs are ok. Same as last update on them (friday maybe?). Inside right knee still pretty tender. Can definetly still make it hurt if I lunge my right leg out and then point my toe either way the slightest bit. Ham tendons are doing great though.

Edit: I should really sig that I have the worst grammar in the world. I convey the intelligence of a fourth grader because in all honesty I don't even know how to use a comma correctly for all its uses. I re-edited this post like 5 times because I kept finding typos and it still reads like f***.

Mark!
09-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Haha, this isn't an english forum, it's a meat head forum so we can throw grammar out the window. I can't workout after work, I like grabbing a quick workout during my lunch break, but that's about 4-5 hours in to my shift. I can eat while I'm on duty outside of my lunch hour so it works for me.

chevelle2291
09-28-2010, 11:02 PM

Never heard it, just nearly everyone I know/met whose hurt a shoulder has done it on some sort of barbell pressing. As a matter of fact I don't know anyone who avoids these motions who does have an issue. Obviously they can be done safely I'm not at all insinuating they can't. I've just had a stigma against them for a very long time because I feel when it comes to shoulder health, dbs are indefinetly safer.

I really don't know. The obvious comes to mind that dbs take more stabilizers that are oh so important for when we do fall out we fall out of our groove on the way up... and eventually at some point in time everyone will. It's just a matter of if we have the "awkward position" strength (so to speak) to recover back into the path safely or even ditch the lift altogether safely. Plus dbs are more difficult, so the body is under less weight while producing the same (and in my mind more) hypertrophy. IE - someone who can incline 150lb dbs is a brute and is going to have a huge chest to do it. But somebody who can incline bb press the weight equivalent of 300lbs is far less impressive, and likely requires a fraction of the chest development to do so. He probably needs to be doing 365+ to be in the ballpark of the db presser, and that's obviously more risk...

I agree, I think it also extends into the mechanics. I'm no kinesiology expert and never retain anything on the subject. But it's pretty easily contrived that DBs can travel in a plane that is more natural than a BB, no?

yeah it sucks right now. I'm pretty much on my feet 10 straight hours which even if it's a light day (and today was) somehow that still wears on you.

Legs are ok. Same as last update on them (friday maybe?). Inside right knee still pretty tender. Can definetly still make it hurt if I lunge my right leg out and then point my toe either way the slightest bit. Ham tendons are doing great though.

Edit: I should really sig that I have the worst grammar in the world. I convey the intelligence of a fourth grader because in all honesty I don't even know how to use a comma correctly for all its uses. I re-edited this post like 5 times because I kept finding typos and it still reads like f***.

Damn we always have the best information in this journal.

I agree that the barbell movements place way more stress on the shoulder joints for some reason. I've noticed this with barbell pressing on both bench and standing military. It just doesn't feel as, idk, "good" as the db movements do. I've actually been thinking about this more and more and have been debating doing a db bench/military 5x5 for my next cycle. The reason being that I can always "feel" my muscles contracting when doing db movements, whereas I don't have that same type of connection with barbell movements for some reason.

Behemoth
10-06-2010, 05:17 AM
72hrs is winning this battle. Mainly in diet. My aim was slight recomp for this month, I had still been skipping bfast and then only packing about 1500-2000cal to get me to 830 when I get home. Then another 500 or so at home. Workouts have been in the can though, decreasing all over. I'm keeping them basic, one to two compounds and under an hour, yet a little more frequently. I've been looking flat and crappy too, adding a shake at breakfast. Timing is maybe the most irritating part. I may get a meal in 2 hrs preworkout or I may not get a chance until 10 minutes beforehand, which kills me. Its frustrating being say 4 hrs out from a workout and having to speculate whether I should eat then, or hope I get a chance a few hours later.

On a positive note my legs are continueing to improve health wise. Slowly, and still not 100%, but getting there. Back has been troublesome as **** however. I hate my back.

Behemoth
10-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Used flat bb bench last two chest days for the first time in maybe 5 years. Last week did 275x2, 285x1, 295x1, 305x1. Yesterday did 305x3, 315x1, 325x1, 335x1. Every set being a pr. 335 came up quick. I had 345 in me after that but no spotter, actually I was the only person in the gym. If I had better nutrition, a few more weeks easing into it and the confidence of a spotter I feel confident id get 355-360 pretty easily. Somewhere around there I'm guessing id probably hit the wall of weekly gains ceasing. Tough to say though. One things for sure, I definetly still think the movement is garbage. Nowhere near the recruitment dbs incorporate imo. Also I didn't like how it felt on my anterior delts at all yesterday. A few sets later when I was working with reps I ended up racking 275 after 1 because it just didn't feel right.

chevelle2291
10-06-2010, 12:23 PM
72hrs is winning this battle. Mainly in diet. My aim was slight recomp for this month, I had still been skipping bfast and then only packing about 1500-2000cal to get me to 830 when I get home. Then another 500 or so at home. Workouts have been in the can though, decreasing all over. I'm keeping them basic, one to two compounds and under an hour, yet a little more frequently. I've been looking flat and crappy too, adding a shake at breakfast. Timing is maybe the most irritating part. I may get a meal in 2 hrs preworkout or I may not get a chance until 10 minutes beforehand, which kills me. Its frustrating being say 4 hrs out from a workout and having to speculate whether I should eat then, or hope I get a chance a few hours later.

On a positive note my legs are continueing to improve health wise. Slowly, and still not 100%, but getting there. Back has been troublesome as **** however. I hate my back.

Used flat bb bench last two chest days for the first time in maybe 5 years. Last week did 275x2, 285x1, 295x1, 305x1. Yesterday did 305x3, 315x1, 325x1, 335x1. Every set being a pr. 335 came up quick. I had 345 in me after that but no spotter, actually I was the only person in the gym. If I had better nutrition, a few more weeks easing into it and the confidence of a spotter I feel confident id get 355-360 pretty easily. Somewhere around there I'm guessing id probably hit the wall of weekly gains ceasing. Tough to say though. One things for sure, I definetly still think the movement is garbage. Nowhere near the recruitment dbs incorporate imo. Also I didn't like how it felt on my anterior delts at all yesterday. A few sets later when I was working with reps I ended up racking 275 after 1 because it just didn't feel right.

Ugh, your pressing is nasty. Is that using a PL-style bench position or BB style?

So what's your exercise breakdown for the 1 hour workouts? I'm curious.

Behemoth
10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Tuck and arch like a powerlifter, however grip is my pinkies at about 1" from the rings, so not very wide. I have it taped, not sure if I can youtube it from my phone or not.

Has been:
Deadlift, pulldown
Bb press, ic smith (skipped yesterday, didn't like my shoulders after bb press), maybe 3-4 sets lateral raises
Squats, hack squats
Calves

But I'm not really trying to stick to this. I don't really see serious progression doable this month so its just some basic important lifts to keep me doing something

chevelle2291
10-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Tuck and arch like a powerlifter, however grip is my pinkies at about 1" from the rings, so not very wide. I have it taped, not sure if I can youtube it from my phone or not.

Has been:
Deadlift, pulldown
Bb press, ic smith (skipped yesterday, didn't like my shoulders after bb press), maybe 3-4 sets lateral raises
Squats, hack squats
Calves

But I'm not really trying to stick to this. I don't really see serious progression doable this month so its just some basic important lifts to keep me doing something

That's your workout every gym day? How many sets per lift?

Behemoth
10-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Thats 4 workouts. As always, no predetermined amount of sets

Behemoth
10-06-2010, 05:00 PM
OP-uXKFKYMc

Time+Patience
10-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I definitely believe it's better to get something in rather than nothing. I really do love going with the flow when it comes to the sets and reps every workout. Some days you feel better than others.

That 335 looks solid, and I agree that you could be at 365 within a few weeks just by getting accustomed to the heavier weights and the movement itself. That's how I progress with my squat and DL, I have to go heavy for a few workouts to really progress on them strength-wise.

What do you think your time frame is until you'll be able to get back into everything with a vengence? I know you've been hitting these longer work shifts, but what's a timeline in which you think you'll be back on track with the diet the way you want it?

f=ma
10-06-2010, 07:15 PM
i hate to say it (jealous), but you have much more than 365 in you raw imo

you should be able to get much more arch, use some leg drive, bring your grip in a bit.. damn it man. very nice. shirted.. lol maybe mid 400s? equipped lifting beyond belt/straps/wraps is kinda gay though imo. i hope you keep progressing despite the crazy hours. works been oppressive for me too lately, albeit not as intense as what you do

chevelle2291
10-06-2010, 07:32 PM

you should be able to get much more arch, use some leg drive, bring your grip in a bit.. damn it man. very nice. shirted.. lol maybe mid 400s? equipped lifting beyond belt/straps/wraps is kinda gay though imo. i hope you keep progressing despite the crazy hours. works been oppressive for me too lately, albeit not as intense as what you do

I don't really like equipped lifting either. I don't really see the point. But yea, Rory, you have definitely got a ton left in the tank there. Nice shoes btw. :p

Behemoth
10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
I definitely believe it's better to get something in rather than nothing. I really do love going with the flow when it comes to the sets and reps every workout. Some days you feel better than others.

That 335 looks solid, and I agree that you could be at 365 within a few weeks just by getting accustomed to the heavier weights and the movement itself. That's how I progress with my squat and DL, I have to go heavy for a few workouts to really progress on them strength-wise.

What do you think your time frame is until you'll be able to get back into everything with a vengence? I know you've been hitting these longer work shifts, but what's a timeline in which you think you'll be back on track with the diet the way you want it?

3, maybe 4 more weeks. Which is why just cruising right now for this brief period doesn't bother me. I agree, and I wish I could train squats and dead heavy like tha too. I doubt ill push any more heavy singles on bench, there's little point. Ill probably drop it again altogether here in a month when I'm off overtime.

Tough to say, well probably not find out either. I agree technique in general could greatly improve, I'm far from a bench expert. I don't see grip coming in benefitting though, it looks wider than it is in that video. I'm basically pressing in my natural shoulder width, don't most people benefit the most from wider and shorter rom grip? Who knowz

I don't really like equipped lifting either. I don't really see the point. But yea, Rory, you have definitely got a ton left in the tank there. Nice shoes btw. :p
That was actually shirted, it was just flesh colored (or nude colored if you prefer) discretely camoflagued under my tank. The pumas are good for another 20lbs.

ThomasG
10-06-2010, 08:58 PM
335 went up solid. With some form and technique assessment you'd have a lot more in you. Although I know that doesn't really matter for your goals. I am in agreement that db's are are much better for hypertrophy. I actually made a thread about it, was a very good discussion. I'll try and find it.

Behemoth
10-07-2010, 05:15 AM
335 went up solid. With some form and technique assessment you'd have a lot more in you. Although I know that doesn't really matter for your goals. I am in agreement that db's are are much better for hypertrophy. I actually made a thread about it, was a very good discussion. I'll try and find it.

Agreed. I could use lots of help on it. Id be reluctant, but if I knew of someone it would serve me well to get some coaching for safety sake moreso than maximum overload. The movement still scares and worries me.

Link me to that thread if you find it, I'm in full agreement on that one for sure.

ThomasG
10-07-2010, 08:00 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?132352-dumbells-build-a-bigger-chest-barbells-build-a-bigger-ego.&highlight=

Off Road
10-07-2010, 08:20 AM
That was a strong lift.

chevelle2291
10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Sooo what are the chances you'd run a brief HCT-12 program while you're cruising? :P

Behemoth
10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't like programs. And one would be impossible right now, for instance I wanted to lift tonight but ended up getting forced on a 14, the latter 9 being straight through stuck in containment no food no water no pissing. Hopefully I lift tomorrow. Hct 12 is also definetly not a prorgram I would consider. Not that any are going to happen anytime soon/ever.

chevelle2291
10-10-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't like programs. And one would be impossible right now, for instance I wanted to lift tonight but ended up getting forced on a 14, the latter 9 being straight through stuck in containment no food no water no pissing. Hopefully I lift tomorrow. Hct 12 is also definetly not a prorgram I would consider. Not that any are going to happen anytime soon/ever.

Gotcha. Not an HCT-12 fan?

How's the workouts going?

Invain
10-10-2010, 09:36 PM
You can get an easy 15 - 25 pounds more out of your bench if you work on a bigger arch + tucking your elbows.

If you're looking for hypertrophy heavy bench is actually pretty damn good, just depends on your grip. Try some heavy sets with a really wide grip. I know people will say it's hard on your shoulders, but I haven't had any problems.

LuNa
10-11-2010, 02:11 AM
Gotcha. Not an HCT-12 fan?

How's the workouts going?

I would also like to know why you are against HCT-12.

Good looking sessions btw, really been enjoying your journal.

Behemoth
10-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Alas... wide grip bench really bothers my shoulders, even very light it does.

My contention on programs in general is that they make people push themselves when they're not willing. Everyone raves about this one or that one, or this style of training or that style. In reality I believe there is little advantage from one drastic training protocol to the next. One sees there best gains (and in turn becomes a staunch advocate of) whatever program keeps them mentally interested in the most and in turn the most focused with.

I'm going to make a thread in bb section here shortly because I don't want to share this view/discuss this more in depth.

Joe Black
10-11-2010, 04:15 AM
You're flexible approach to training is definitely refreshing. and interesting

Having said that, I still think the majority of people will get the best results from following a proven program as it just takes out the guess work related to progression, rest, recovery, exercise selection etc.

Your dedication to train through those hard work days is pretty inspiring too, goo job!

Behemoth
10-11-2010, 04:57 AM
You're flexible approach to training is definitely refreshing. and interesting

Having said that, I still think the majority of people will get the best results from following a proven program as it just takes out the guess work related to progression, rest, recovery, exercise selection etc.

Your dedication to train through those hard work days is pretty inspiring too, goo job!

Completely agree. I should clarify that I'm not stated structure to be bad, and that I believe most people progress best within most/all of the predetermined paramteres you listed. I'm just strange, and simply enjoy my time with the iron the most when I listen to my body and do the best and most I can.

Coke
10-11-2010, 09:46 AM
You have the more instinctive style of training which is great, also you are an advocate of strict form.

Behemoth
10-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm far from either a form nazi or a form poster boy...

Joe Black
10-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Completely agree. I should clarify that I'm not stated structure to be bad, and that I believe most people progress best within most/all of the predetermined paramteres you listed. I'm just strange, and simply enjoy my time with the iron the most when I listen to my body and do the best and most I can.

You know I may try a similar type of approach later down the line. I think if you have a sound understanding of the key principles then you can get away with a more instinctive style of training. And then I can bench every session ha ha.

Behemoth
10-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Backs been whack for weeks. Knees been bothing me, now 100% confident its a meniscus tear. I dont know what that means for my future of squats and deads (or even any leg lifts, even calf stabilization it still bothers me). Not confident with my shoulders either. I haven't even been lifting anything heavy.

I hate how my body is thrashed and none of my injuries are lifting induced. I always wonder where I'd be if I could have ever worked up to some serious squat and deadlift numbers had I never swung that plywood onto the deck. I hope my knee doesn't plague me now forever like my back has.

For now, hooked up an order from APT for some new equipment. Im going to start working with bands signifigantly. Also got some ankle harness's hopefully I can make leg curls work because deadlifts arent an (smart) option.

I made a big order from ALN that arrived here today. I may go all liquid diet for a while when I'm off OT. Just because. Thats why.

chevelle2291
10-22-2010, 01:07 AM
Backs been whack for weeks. Knees been bothing me, now 100% confident its a meniscus tear. I dont know what that means for my future of squats and deads (or even any leg lifts, even calf stabilization it still bothers me). Not confident with my shoulders either. I haven't even been lifting anything heavy.

I hate how my body is thrashed and none of my injuries are lifting induced. I always wonder where I'd be if I could have ever worked up to some serious squat and deadlift numbers had I never swung that plywood onto the deck. I hope my knee doesn't plague me now forever like my back has.

For now, hooked up an order from APT for some new equipment. Im going to start working with bands signifigantly. Also got some ankle harness's hopefully I can make leg curls work because deadlifts arent an (smart) option.

I made a big order from ALN that arrived here today. I may go all liquid diet for a while when I'm off OT. Just because. Thats why.

All liquid diet? You crazy *****.

What are your goals right now? Still lean bulk/maintaining?

I feel ya on the injuries man. I can't imagine what that must be like. I don't mean to critique so don't take this the wrong way or anything, but have you ever tried a lower volume routine? Maybe a little less work in the gym would be easier on your back and knees? I'm sorry to hear about that knee man, that really, really sucks.

:(

Get better brory. :p

Joe Black
10-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the order!

I remember Chase did a liquid diet for like 3 months at one point - it did the job but I reckon from a will power perspective it would be crazy hard not to eat and taste real food.

hey also what do you mean by when you're OT?

Behemoth
10-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Overtime. Yeah I remember chase doing that, I think he was precontest dieting too.

Ryan, lower volume may have been a good idea during my last cut yeah. Although it was still the intense cardio that wrecked me and its backwards to scale back training to allow for cardio, yes... overall physical volume was too much and I have myself to blame.

f=ma
10-23-2010, 06:15 PM
how are the tendons feeling?

ThomasG
10-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Bands huh? Should be interesting to see a bb style routine with bands in it. I actually made a thread about bbers using bands. Chris Mason said he was writing and article on it.

Behemoth
10-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Hamstrings tendons are better. Meniscus was doing very well but degraded during work. Needs lots of rest. Lifts dont bother it, its that ackward twist up stairs or step while under load in normal less form conscious life that are keeping it from recovering. I still think I can make a full recovery. I'll be done with overtime between wednesday and saturday (TBA). Really, I hate to admit defeat. But six 12's + trying to manage normal life responsibilities has gotten the better of me again. /lose

My reasoning for bands is so I can lower the tangible weight I'm using and make it up the difference with band resistance allowing somewhat of a less taxing workout on my joints and tendons, but also requiring more stabilization work. Nothing to do with speed or sticking points or technique. I've used regular aerobic stretch bands on BB rows before and it was exactly this. I was able to get the same workout with less weight and better, more rigid form. I'm hoping I can do this on other exercises like squats and presses.

ThomasG
10-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Hamstrings tendons are better. Meniscus was doing very well but degraded during work. Needs lots of rest. Lifts dont bother it, its that ackward twist up stairs or step while under load in normal less form conscious life that are keeping it from recovering. I still think I can make a full recovery. I'll be done with overtime between wednesday and saturday (TBA). Really, I hate to admit defeat. But six 12's + trying to manage normal life responsibilities has gotten the better of me again. /lose

My reasoning for bands is so I can lower the tangible weight I'm using and make it up the difference with band resistance allowing somewhat of a less taxing workout on my joints and tendons, but also requiring more stabilization work. Nothing to do with speed or sticking points or technique. I've used regular aerobic stretch bands on BB rows before and it was exactly this. I was able to get the same workout with less weight and better, more rigid form. I'm hoping I can do this on other exercises like squats and presses.

I would be cautious with that. Lots of band work tend to beat me up. Mini's not so much but the biggers bands I can only cycle in so often. But I'm talking heavy single doubles and triples with bands. I'm not sure what your definite plan is.

Behemoth
10-24-2010, 12:24 PM
no I don't plan on any low reps, 8+ sets with the 5-50's. Think of it like doing db prsses on a ball. Less weight, but still a good workout. At least it was when I rowed

Behemoth
11-21-2010, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JGlUAngydg

chevelle2291
11-21-2010, 08:35 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JGlUAngydg?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JGlUAngydg?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Holy embed batman!

Do the video option instead of the youtube option for uploads. The video option always works. :)

Behemoth
11-24-2010, 07:46 PM
oh hi

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/2010-11-24-201724.jpg

Behemoth
11-24-2010, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pejzW7b_eM

chevelle2291
11-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Yo I'ma let you finish but Rory Parker had the greatest training vid of all time! Of all time!

Off Road
11-25-2010, 08:26 AM
Looking beastly man.

chevelle2291
11-25-2010, 01:21 PM
oh hi

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/2010-11-24-201724.jpg

Now Daniel wouldn't it be great to have someone like Rory wearing an AtLarge hoodie or tank top at the gym? I couldn't think of a better walking advertisement for your supps. :)

Behemoth
11-26-2010, 07:18 PM
First leg day in 4 months that wasn't a bust

Squats
135x10
135x10
185x8
185x8
225x6
225x6
275x4
275x4
315x2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Frog press
5p x10
6p x10
7p x10
8p x8
8p x8

Lying cable leg curls
60x12
80x12
100x8
100x8
120x5.5
120x5.5

squats
225x20
245x16 phuck

with the exclusion of the cable curls and the final set of squats I was working at a conservative 60-70% of capable reps. Pissed I coudln't get the 245 and wanted to then do a 20 repper of 265 after, phuck. Started shaking violently all over right after that set that didn't go away for 20-30 minutes.

chevelle2291
11-26-2010, 07:31 PM
First leg day in 4 months that wasn't a bust

Squats
135x10
135x10
185x8
185x8
225x6
225x6
275x4
275x4
315x2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Frog press
5p x10
6p x10
7p x10
8p x8
8p x8

Lying cable leg curls
60x12
80x12
100x8
100x8
120x5.5
120x5.5

squats
225x20
245x16 phuck

with the exclusion of the cable curls and the final set of squats I was working at a conservative 60-70% of capable reps. Pissed I coudln't get the 245 and wanted to then do a 20 repper of 265 after, phuck. Started shaking violently all over right after that set that didn't go away for 20-30 minutes.

Yay for legs day!

Take it easy there bud! You're just getting back into it! Give yourself a little pat on the back for still moving some decent weight!

chevelle2291
11-26-2010, 07:33 PM
What is a frog press?

Behemoth
11-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Heels on the top outside corner of the leg press. Bottom pin set, sled drops to the very bottom, lower back rounds in and knees tuck up to either side of your face. Nothing but glutes and hams to get it moving out of that position.

cphafner
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
looking big and lean man. Whats up with the bb.com tank though? poser

Behemoth
11-28-2010, 12:49 PM
ALN doesn't make tanks. I do have a one or two I've cut into sleevless's. I'd like to see WBB wear to be honest.

chevelle2291
11-28-2010, 12:52 PM
ALN doesn't make tanks. I do have a one or two I've cut into sleevless's. I'd like to see WBB wear to be honest.

Me too!

Size mediun tho..... :p

ThomasG
11-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Jealous of the thickness in the chest. WBB refuses to make apparel I would def rock WBB wear in the gym.

chevelle2291
11-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Jealous of the thickness in the chest. WBB refuses to make apparel I would def rock WBB wear in the gym.

I sense a business opportunity....

I have a very talented graphic design artist friend. I could see if he could make up some cool WBB designs?

cphafner
11-28-2010, 01:04 PM

Haha, I'm just messing with you. I would never say that to your face considering you are twice my size. I'm wearing a cutoff ALN shirt now.

Behemoth
11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
I sense a business opportunity....

I have a very talented graphic design artist friend. I could see if he could make up some cool WBB designs?

Talk to him about making one that simpy reads "why you curling in the squat rack?" on the front. then a creative stick figure with his back 45 degrees backwards curling in the rack. I would buy 10 and wear that every single day.

chevelle2291
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Talk to him about making one that simpy reads "why you curling in the squat rack?" on the front. then a creative stick figure with his back 45 degrees backwards curling in the rack. I would buy 10 and wear that every single day.

haha i'll see if he's up for it.

CHASE TRUSNOVEC
12-04-2010, 06:16 PM
dude thats some awesome leg volume!!! your legs mustve been hurting!!! God Bless you brotha!!!

f=ma
12-11-2010, 08:06 AM
i went hunting specifically for this journal. real pleased to see a leg workout in here. sounds like youre healing up......

looking joocy btw. thick as always. work easing up on you a bit? hope to see some updates man

Kiff
12-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Nice work as ever mate, looking huge.

Behemoth
12-11-2010, 08:26 AM
i went hunting specifically for this journal. real pleased to see a leg workout in here. sounds like youre healing up......

looking joocy btw. thick as always. work easing up on you a bit? hope to see some updates man

Hey Tim. Yeah I should really throw out some random updates more often. But I didn't really want to start updating this regularly until everything was 100% again.

Works big time eased up, just 40 hours. I got really, really, really beat up from the 72hrs. It was a mistake on my part keeping my calories around maintenance during that time. Since then I've raised the food, got tons of good rest and my body has been recouping well. I'm still beat up though...

I did however strain a bicep or something in my forearm at work and am not training back atm. I also made the decision to stop squatting atf for my back sake, unfortunately this is taking a toll on my knees only going to parallel.

I made a decision last week to alter my rep ranges. For the past year and half (at least the majority of it) I've worked in a 4-8 rep range. I'm moving up to a 9-12. If I didnt get 9 reps I'll drop the weight, if I make it to 12 I'll up it. I'm really shocked initially how little low rep stength has carried over to high rep endurance. The weights I've chosen feel feathers for the first few reps, then once I get around 7 or 8 they've felt like they've instantly doubled. Somewhat interesting actually. It humbling using some light weights but I think for the best.

Behemoth
12-11-2010, 09:41 AM
God I wish I were healthy enough to get emaciated again right now.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/2010-07-24101838-1.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/rypkr_99/2010-07-03055243.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-5_yaI_uU8

Theres no point to this post. I was just going through my phone and reliving some bittersweet days from the summer.

chevelle2291
12-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Wish you had competed?

Behemoth
12-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Wish you had competed?

I wish I had quit that diet sooner and cannot fathom what 3 & 5 more weeks would have brought on to my mind and body.

f=ma
12-11-2010, 05:08 PM
I wish I had quit that diet sooner and cannot fathom what 3 & 5 more weeks would have brought on to my mind and body.

aye.. its mentally tough. i was completely unprepared for that aspect. i dont really understand how ppl maintain that level of leanness year round.

chevelle2291
12-11-2010, 05:14 PM
aye.. its mentally tough. i was completely unprepared for that aspect. i dont really understand how ppl maintain that level of leanness year round.

gineticz

Behemoth
12-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Mentally tough dealing with the hunger, cravings, weakness, lethargy. The more frightening side is the solitary confinement it brought and the depression, anxiety, panic attacks etc.

I can deal with the first set. I'm in no place to take on the second.

chevelle2291
12-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Mentally tough dealing with the hunger, cravings, weakness, lethargy. The more frightening side is the solitary confinement it brought and the depression, anxiety, panic attacks etc.

I can deal with the first set. I'm in no place to take on the second.

I can't imagine what that'd be like. It does seem like you to have to at least somewhat anti-social if you are trying to cut to a very low bodyfat.

f=ma
12-11-2010, 06:06 PM
it was intense anxiety and unpredictable outbursts of rage for me. never experienced anything like it before. the details are too embarassing to post.. its all pretty substantially psychotic behavior (srs)