PDA

View Full Version : Is eating a lot of bread a good way to gain weight? -obviously not just bread but yea

jcwhackflava
08-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I did GOMAD a few months ago and it worked really well for the weight gain...i gained like 8kgs in two weeks. but the side effects were horrible, diarrhea and it made my skin breakout...

so yeah, Milk is definitely out of the question this time.

naturally i eat a lot of bread throughout the day, on average between 8-14 slices a day..mostly with polony & mayonaise on, or polony & cheese....or tuna...etc

I lost a lot of weight after stopping GOMAD even though i still ate more than i did before i started it. Im sure it has to do with the fact that i stopped gyming though right? anyway ive started gyming again seriously and my MAIN aim is to gain like at least 5-8kgs again. I have muscle already, so basically i just have to put on weight..

Do you think a diet like this is fine (just an example of what i will probably have most days)

8-9am (Breakfast) - Full bowl of oats - banana
11-11:30ish (brunch) 4 slices of bread with polony & mayonaise
1pm (Lunch) two baked potatoes with beans & cheese or tuna or whatever or just 4 sliced bread again
3pm - then i usually have like 2-4 slices of bread again before dinner
5pm - (dinner) chicken, potatoes, rice, vegetables (sometimes i have 2 slices bread with dinner)
7-8pm - i usually have bread again (2-4 slices) with polony again or cheese or tuna

yeah i eat a lot of bread, but in a way its the only real carbohydrates available in my house. it's the easiest to prepare aswell..

i know i should also eat a lot of pasta aswell but anyway my question is about the bread, bread has a good ammount of fat in and its a good source of carbohydrates so YEAAHHH, should this be okay?

combined with training on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays

jAy_Dub
08-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Man, seeing some of your guys' diets just make me cringe.

Your diet is lacking protein, not bread.

Off Road
08-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Why would you want to gain only fat instead of a combination of fat and muscle?

J.C.
08-08-2010, 04:34 PM
If he's having two tins of tuna, cheese and a chicken breast each day that's some protein.

Why not eat handfuls of nuts if you want to snack?

The only reason why you'd need that much bread would be if you were engaged in some kind of demanding endurance sport. I used to eat almost a whole loaf of bread each night after my evening meal when I was rowing. I'd also cover each slice with honey. But that would be way way overkill now that I'm not training hard for two hours every day. It would be completely unnecessary to have that many carbs.

Bottom line, there are better snack foods. Nuts/trail mix being the obvious one.

jAy_Dub
08-08-2010, 05:02 PM
If he's having two tins of tuna, cheese and a chicken breast each day that's some protein.

Why not eat handfuls of nuts if you want to snack?

The only reason why you'd need that much bread would be if you were engaged in some kind of demanding endurance sport. I used to eat almost a whole loaf of bread each night after my evening meal when I was rowing. I'd also cover each slice with honey. But that would be way way overkill now that I'm not training hard for two hours every day. It would be completely unnecessary to have that many carbs.

Bottom line, there are better snack foods. Nuts/trail mix being the obvious one.

Considering he put or tuna for both meals mentioning tuna, that may mean he doesn't even have tuna in those meals. BUT for discussions sake lets assume he eats tuna for both meals. So two "tins" of tuna, a chicken breast, and some cheese. Whats that come out to be, about 100 grams? This was originally posted in the bodybuilding section of the forums. Not to be a dick, but 100 grams of protein for a whole days worth of food is laughable, unless of course this guy weighs 60 lbs or so.

Trail mix huh, thats the ticket to muscle now? Trail mix??

ataglance
08-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Way way too much bread. 8-14 slices? You must go through alot of loaves a week. Id be limiting that to 2-4. And as the previous poster stated before, not enough protein. You'd be lucky to have 150g of protein, though your probs having 350g of carbs easy. Youll put on the wrong kinda size.