PDA

View Full Version : ZRV-Pro vs Blue (Black) Mambas Wrist Wraps from APT

Brian205
08-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Hi guys,

I keep on hearing these are Excellent all around Wrist Wraps from APT,

Which is better for you.

ZRV-Pro vs Blue (Black) Mambas .........

Is the Blue Mamba thicker, stiffer and gives more support than the ZRV-Pro ?

Whats the difference between them ? Do the Blue Mamba have a sort of a rubbery grip on

underside ?

Thanks for the replies :D

Tom Mutaffis
08-10-2010, 07:12 AM
Hi guys,

I keep on hearing these are Excellent all around Wrist Wraps from APT,

Which is better for you.

ZRV-Pro vs Blue (Black) Mambas

Thanks.

This is more personal preference than anything else.

Since you already bout 36" ZRV Pro's I would recommend buying 12" or 24" Mamba's so that you have an easier to use wrap for general training.

Brian205
08-16-2010, 01:26 AM

Whats the difference between them ?

Different material ? ..... Different weave ?

Do the Blue Mamba have a sort of a rubbery grip on

underside ?

Thanks for the replies

Tom Mutaffis
08-16-2010, 08:27 AM

Whats the difference between them ? Different material ? ..... Different weave ?

Do the Blue Mamba have a sort of a rubbery grip on underside ?

Thanks for the replies

The blue/black mambas are a different weave but are not much thicker or more supportive than the ZRV's, although you can wrap them a little bit tighter since they stretch more. If you are looking for a stiffer or more supportive wrap then I would go with the Convict or Strangulator.

There is no rubber material on the Mamba wraps or any of the other APT wraps that I know of; the wrist straps have a rubber 'grip' material on them.

Brian205
08-26-2010, 03:42 PM
So the Mambas have a sorta Non slip grip on the underside,

A post from a Strong Guy from another forum,

" I recently bought a set of Black Mamba wrist wraps from APT after hearing from Sam Byrd that he used the knee wraps for his WR squat. I was hoping to get better wrist stiffness for heavy bench presses as I've been having issues recently with my wrists cranking back too much at lockout. I used the new Mambas one time and immediately went back to my Inzer Z's. While I can get the APT wraps insanely TIGHT, they are not a STIFF up and down the wrist as the Inzers. Stiffness and support is most important for me, with tightness of the wrap being a close 2nd. I have tried Titan, Frantz, and now APT wrist wraps and I cannot find any that are better than the Inzers for support, stiffness and wrist stability; though I do think the Inzer Z's could still be improved upon"

" The Mambas may work better for knee than wrist wraps as I can see how tightness and rebound would be important, the knee being the primary flexing joint and "weak link" in the squat

But with wrist wraps for bench I want my wrap to form basically a cast with as little flex as possible. Rebound is not an issue. I'd like to see someone come up with a similar design to Inzer's Z's but with even more transverse stiffness "

" Both wraps are fine up to around 500lbs. But when I get up to high 5's and mid 6's for my working sets and up to 700 for my board presses, only the Inzers give me the kind of stiffness I want. The Mambas are probably better for sheer tightness. My hands feel like they're going numb almost as soon as I cinch 'em down. But as I said, I'm looking more for transverse (across the width) stiffness and the way the Z's are weaved with adjacent parallel lines seems to provide more of that stiffness. As I said, tho, I think the Z's could still be improved "

Opinions.

Tom Mutaffis
08-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah the Mambas have a Non slip Grip on the underside of the wrap.

I own a pair of black mamba wrist wraps and a pair of blue mamba wrist wraps, neither of them have a non-slip material (rubberized) on the underside of the wrap.

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/35674

Since you are looking for wraps to use for weights in the 200-300 lbs range I would not worry about what lifters are using for shirted board work in the 500-700 lbs range. The Black Mamba wrist wraps are comfortable and supportive enough for your needs, but in the end a lot of support equipment comes down to personal preference (you should also look at 12" wraps since they are much more convenient).

Brian205
08-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I own a pair of black mamba wrist wraps and a pair of blue mamba wrist wraps, neither of them have a non-slip material (rubberized) on the underside of the wrap.

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/35674

Since you are looking for wraps to use for weights in the 200-300 lbs range I would not worry about what lifters are using for shirted board work in the 500-700 lbs range. The Black Mamba wrist wraps are comfortable and supportive enough for your needs, but in the end a lot of support equipment comes down to personal preference (you should also look at 12" wraps since they are much more convenient).

Yes I know

Just curious sir :)

Tom Mutaffis
08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Yes I know. Just curious sir :)

I have purchased quite a few pairs of wraps/straps/sleeves over the years and good support equipment is definitely nice to have.

The majority of the products from APT are nice and there are a few other brands that produce good quality equipment as well, I would just purchase them when you see good deals or need new equipment / motivation to see what works best for you. Better yet if you have training partners who use wraps/etc. you can always try a pair of theirs before you invest in the equipment.

Brian205
08-28-2010, 11:20 PM
hi Tom,

since you have both the ZRV Pro and the Black / Blue Mamba, (same Size ?) which do you prefer and why,

Thanks for the replies :)