PDA

View Full Version : bottom positioning bench and squat

gmen5681
08-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Just wondering if anyone uses bottom positioning lifting. ive been reading the book "dinosaur training" by brooks kubik and he talks alot about bottom position squats and bench and just wondering what people thought about it?

abbcccxyyzzz
08-11-2010, 02:59 AM
It is quite difficult since one has the inability of using any bounce or stretch reflexes.

It would not be a bad idea to throw it in once in a while when things get stale.

SEOINAGE
08-11-2010, 06:20 AM
I'll do floor press off the pins, it really adds to the difficulty, I feel like it helps my bench. If i had proper equipment i would probably do it occasional for squat or good mornings.

AdamBAG
08-11-2010, 08:13 AM
I have found pin presses that are low to be really hard on the shoulders. It's tough to get in the right position to press when the bar starts that low.

We've done "Anderson Squats" where the bar is hanging in chains or spud straps. Those are pretty good. You have to dip under it and squat it up.

vdizenzo
08-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I did rack lockouts this week for the first time in a long time. I set the pins lower than ever and it sucked so it's got to help. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself.