PDA

View Full Version : Big problem on weekends

WillyTheGreat
05-11-2002, 04:17 PM
I don't know what it is but on weekends, I just let loose and I pay almost no attention to my diet. Let me tell you how it starts.

Fridays:

I'm straight for most of the day cuz it's a workout day so I eat and all that but when the evening rolls around and if I go out, whoa man...I just eat wherever we go. I TRY to get something healthIER than not but I'm sure it's not within the confines of a "healthy" diet. Last night I went to Tony Roma's and had some Onion Ring Loaf, Baked Potato Soup (MMMMMMMMM), and fettucine with olive oil, tomatoes and this TERRIFIC chicken breast, wow. I'm thinkin' the onion rings were probably the "worst" food for my diet.

Saturdays:

I gotta wake up "early" on Saturdays because I have class and I don't give myself time to eat or anything because I wake up as late as possible so I just put my clothes on and walk out the door. At my break I used to get coffee but since I started working out, I got like a tea and a cookie or two tuttut. The rest of the day is a free for all...I mean, I can cook something to eat but I'm just too lazy.

Sundays:

Wake up like in the afternoon or something so my whole week schedule can't be applied. I don't know what I'm doing with food on Sundays so I either hardly eat or eat in bunches.

ALCOHOL:

If I'm not driving and there is alcohol, it's a pretty sure thing I'll be consuming it...is it that big of a deal? It doesn't have fat or anything, right? haha.

Anyway...any of you have the same problem or have had to deal with this and have figured out a way around it?

InferiorDesign
05-11-2002, 04:20 PM
ive always beleived that eating well rounded restaurant meals are the way to go, as for the alchohol, your not gonna get big off that, its just gonna give you some chub, and make you feel like crap which will keep you from getting a good work out.

WillyTheGreat
05-11-2002, 04:22 PM
I don't plan on drinking on workout days or nothing. Chub? Burn...or are you talking about beer? I was talkin' hard liquour.

InferiorDesign
05-11-2002, 04:23 PM
personally, i will never drink in my entire life, i think it hinders gains, and keep you from acheiving what you really want, but then again it may not at all. but drinking alot of beer and stuff will enhance fat storage

WillyTheGreat
05-11-2002, 04:26 PM
Gotcha.

InferiorDesign
05-11-2002, 04:58 PM
i guess wed need an expert who can name the chemical formulas off the top of their head, and tell you what it all means, weres ST when you need him?

the doc
05-11-2002, 09:43 PM
ID what the hell are you talking about?

and willy, how important are your goals?

If they are really important than you would take care to eat well everyday

the_hall
05-12-2002, 05:40 AM
Eating right isn't rocket science. Either you do it, or you dont. You havent been.

=w=
05-12-2002, 07:59 AM
It is true that alcohol will hinder your gains to some degree. As mentioned it all comes down to goals. Mine personaly is to be a well rounded very social guy who can party or train with the best of them :). I go out and party on the weekends and still make gains that make me VERY happy. I keep my diet 100% perfect other than the alcohol. Which is planned and because it is and has been a part of my routine for so long is just part of my maintanance. You are going to have to find what works for you. I know some people who it causes a serious problem for. For me it is NO problem what so ever. That is the crappy thing (or good depending on how you look at it) about all of this is that you must experiment and see how your body reacts.

As far as letting your diet go to **** IMHO there is really NO excuse for this. You can maintain it throughout the week and there is no reason you can not do so on the weekend (except laziness). However, it will once again come down to your goals and if you are acheiving them. If you are then there is no reason to change. If you are not then it is time to evaluate why you are not and then make a change.

WillyTheGreat
05-12-2002, 03:22 PM
All right...you guys are harsh but at least it makes me realize I'm doing something wrong, lol.

Even if I do go out, I'll be looking for the healthy food items and ask 'em to broil my food, no ranch dressing, only water, and stuff like that.

Thanks.

PowerManDL
05-12-2002, 03:37 PM
I drink practically every Friday and Saturday, heavy, and sometimes sneak a few in during the week if I go out. It doesn't hurt as long as you take the cals into account.

ID, STFU

iLUDEd
05-14-2002, 11:45 PM
just drink it straight.. and without a softdrink and i dont see how it can hurt ya growth too badly