PDA

View Full Version : I dont eat alot of proteins, need help!

ataglance
08-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi Guys

So im about to start a cut next month, so i will be reducing my carb count, not to crazily low levels, but aim to cut it down. I probs have around 3500-3750 cals per day, and aim to slash out 500 cals based on carbs and also around 500 on weights/cardio.

Therefore i require a high protein/low carb diet, though my porblem is i dont enjoy alot of protein rich foods. I hate eggs, lentils, etc so my main source of protein is from meats and protein shakes. My issue with the shakes is that i dont want to be reliant on 3-4 shakes a day.

Does anyone have some advice on how to keep the calorie count up, whilst maintaining a high protein diet avoiding eggs?

Help is greatly appreciated.

jAy_Dub
08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Simple, like you said, meats...

8 oz. of fish/beef/chicken/turkey is about 50 grams of protein.

Eat meat!

ataglance
08-11-2010, 08:47 PM
I do mate, but is it ok to have more than 2 serves of meat a day? Thats my only concern. Like i was thinking i have 2 serves of meat and 4 shakes, thats a heavy reliance on shakes.

Is it ok to have 3 serves of meat based meals and maybe 3 shakes? How much meat do you guys consume a day?

jAy_Dub
08-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah bro eat as much meat as you want, theres nothing unhealthy or wrong with eating a lot of meat. I typically eat around 2 lbs a day or more on top of eggs and shakes for my protein needs.

ataglance
08-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Wow thats a heap. I wish i liked eggs to make this whole lifting process, also adds a little more variety. Meat it is then.

LAM
08-11-2010, 11:53 PM
what about fish? it's cheap and easily digestible and it has a higher BV than beef

jAy_Dub
08-12-2010, 07:14 AM
I guess I consider fish as meat too.

Off Road
08-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Ya, the media and society in general would have you believe that meat is evil and unhealthy. It's only unhealthy when you add all the other crap that we eat and sit on your butt all day.

Most of us here eat a lot of meat from a variety of sources. If you are worried about fat content, eat lean cuts and more turkey, chicken, and fish. Try to get a good protein sourse in every meal, at least 3 or 4 times a day.

Then take a couple of protein shakes during the day to make sure you are getting enough. I would recomend Nitrean (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=1) from At Large Nutrition (http://www.atlargenutrition.com). It's the best quality, best mixing, and best tasting protein you can buy.

StLRPh
08-12-2010, 09:21 AM
One of my favorite quotes, "Meat is murder...tasty, tasty murder" I don't think I get 2lbs in a day like JayDub but get close most days and I'll supplement with about 80g of protein in the form of protein powder.

ataglance
08-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I guess this thread was started because you see these ripped dudes diet plans and their breakfasts are based on numerous amounts of eggs portions. I do eat my meat, mainly chicken and turkey because its white meat, might have to up that to 3 serves.