PDA

View Full Version : Having Partial Shoulder Replacement on Sept. 28th

mastermonster
08-15-2010, 12:15 AM
I went to Dr. Myers at UAB Wed. He's doing partial replacement of my left shoulder on Sept. 28th. The procedure is a Hemiarthroplasty. Looks like I'll be out of work 6-8 weeks (can't drive for 2-3 weeks). He said it will be very vital for me to be patient and do the therapy to the letter and nothing else until everything has healed and attached thouroughly. It'll be 9 months to a year before I can put heavier weight on it, but if I do it all right and there are no complications I'll have a good chance at coming back to competition.

I'm going to go ahead and do the APF Ga. on Sept. 11th and the APF La./Ms. Sept. 18th. I'm going to do these raw and bench 'best I can' and take a shot at the squat and total APF records. I'm at 258 lbs. now and thinking about going 242's since I want to be at a lighter, 'healthier'; bodyweight for the surgery. I think I can make that weight by then. Haven't competed at 242 since 2003! These will be my last meets as a M 50-54.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a comback next year at 100%...and hopefully; a lot less pain and limitations!

robchris
08-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Good luck to you Buddy & Gods speed to a healthly, full recovery!

You'll be back on the platform in no time!
RC

mastermonster
08-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Good luck to you Buddy & Gods speed to a healthly, full recovery!

You'll be back on the platform in no time!
RC

Thanks Rob! I appreciate it!

Beverly McD.
08-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Glad you're going to do it and get it behind you Buddy. Best of luck and I hope it goes great for you.

ScottYard
08-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Good Luck!

dammstrate
08-17-2010, 11:44 AM
You should talk with Tommy Fannon. I believe he had the exact same surgery as this about 18 months ago.

Good Luck!

Gregg.

mastermonster
08-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Glad you're going to do it and get it behind you Buddy. Best of luck and I hope it goes great for you.

Thanks Bev! I know you're tired of seeing me grimmice and hearing me grumble trying to get under a squat bar! LOL! It will be great if I can finally do that without hurting and get my whole hand on the bar!

mastermonster
08-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Good Luck!

Thanks Scott!

mastermonster
08-17-2010, 08:46 PM
You should talk with Tommy Fannon. I believe he had the exact same surgery as this about 18 months ago.

Good Luck!

Gregg.

Thanks for the info Gregg! I'll give Tommy a holler.