PDA

View Full Version : Low-fat Binge VS. High-fat Binge.. Opinions?

MonStar
05-12-2002, 12:45 AM
I am curious what do you all think about a low-fat (under ~15g fat) binge VS. a regular binge on pizza and everything like that. I am wondering which would be better - obviously I am thinking the low-fat one.. correct?

I am going to end up binging/refeeding once per week for around 4 hours and I want to make the MOST of it, to kill all my cravings for the next week or so. So a high-fat and high-carb binge would be more fun but probably a lot worse when it comes to putting on bodyfat etc. What would you guys recommend any why? :cool::cool:

MS

Wizard
05-12-2002, 03:18 AM
Low-fat binge is the best. No questions asked.

Marcel
05-12-2002, 03:38 AM
Wizard is correct. No questions asked. :D

=w=
05-12-2002, 07:49 AM
I agree. Come on Mon after all the leptin manipulation talk that goes on here and over at elite you know the answer to this question. I think you are just hoping to get the answer you want so you can eat all the yummy pizza and candy. Im on to you :)

MonStar
05-12-2002, 07:51 AM
Haha thanks guys. This is what I thought. I was just making sure. I always heard that sugar + saturated fat = bodyfat gain. I was just making sure that wasnt just something that I read somewhere. What is the reason etc.?

MS

Behemoth
05-12-2002, 02:26 PM
I thought consuming small amounts of fat with your carbs helped prevent insulin spikes? Wouldn't that mean sugar plus saturated fat would be better than just sugar (the fat small moderation of course).

Wizard
05-12-2002, 05:52 PM
Your insulin levels will be very high after the consumption of a ton of carbs, so throwing in some fat, just to eliminate the insulin action is co-productive, because in this case, what you need to take advntage of,is the action of insulin, and then, it's not very smart to push yourself to store additional bodyfat,as the fat you consumed will be stored as bodyfat asap because you have already created a perfect environment for fat storage.(high insulin levels) The glucose will be stored as muscle glycogen but the fat will be stored as bodyfat. (most of it, as a small part of it will be used for energy needs)

Moreover, there's the hormone leptin which can be manipulated (*the best way is not known yet) through proper refeeds. What is known to be the best way to control its effects, is to consume a big amount of carbs, and especially glucose.
Finally,it's the action of your thyroid hormones that can be enhanced by consuming the carbs.