PDA

View Full Version : Carb question...

JakeFurfaro
08-25-2010, 09:51 AM
So I'm cutting right now and I'm right around 2500cals per day, and im wondering does it really matter how many carbs I eat a day AS LONG as I stay below a total of 2500cals? I'm not talking about sugar/simple carbs. I'm talking more about wheat pasta noodles, 100% wheat bread and such.

Thanks in advance...

ehopkins932
08-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Yes. Insulin from carbs blunts liposis (burning fat). It matters a lot for most people and most likely you since you are in this situation...you are most sensitive to insulin after you lift, so keep that in mind when consuming carbs.

Holto
08-26-2010, 09:16 PM
It only matters if it makes you more hungry.

Allen Cress
08-28-2010, 02:36 PM
So I'm cutting right now and I'm right around 2500cals per day, and im wondering does it really matter how many carbs I eat a day AS LONG as I stay below a total of 2500cals? I'm not talking about sugar/simple carbs. I'm talking more about wheat pasta noodles, 100% wheat bread and such.

Thanks in advance...

Itrs not as black and white as just consuming a certain number of calories. If you are just trying to loose scale weight then thats basically all that matters but when trying to loose bodyfat and mainatin muscle then quality of foods and macros plays a role.

Carbs do not have to be too low by any means to loose fat, any where from 25-40% of your calories can be from carbs depending on the individual. Also stick with the least processed carb sources such as oatmeal, potato, regular rice cakes, long grain rice, shredded wheat, vegetables.

Just don;t become carb phobic. Yopu may need to reduce them but you don't need to cut them out as a lot of people tend to do now a days. They are very important in your body's functions.

JakeFurfaro
08-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Itrs not as black and white as just consuming a certain number of calories. If you are just trying to loose scale weight then thats basically all that matters but when trying to loose bodyfat and mainatin muscle then quality of foods and macros plays a role.

Carbs do not have to be too low by any means to loose fat, any where from 25-40% of your calories can be from carbs depending on the individual. Also stick with the least processed carb sources such as oatmeal, potato, regular rice cakes, long grain rice, shredded wheat, vegetables.

Just don;t become carb phobic. Yopu may need to reduce them but you don't need to cut them out as a lot of people tend to do now a days. They are very important in your body's functions.

Thank you Allen.