PDA

View Full Version : Overkill briefs

Justin220
08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I have read alot about the overkill shirt but was curious about the briefs. For those who have them, how do they compare to other brands? Ace, predators etc? Would you suggest 2 or 3ply? Thanks

NickAus
08-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Only used metal pros which do the job fairly well but not a big carryover and boss which are great.

I have heard for the overkills you should go 3 ply as the 2 ply have no stopping power (good rebound).

One day I would like to try the overkills and I will go 3 ply.

Have you used the boss briefs yet? they kick ass!

SELK
08-28-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm thinking about getting some. I think rudy can make a 3ply back / 2ply front as well. It might depend on how much you squat, but I think I remember him saying that 3ply briefs with a 3ply suit is to much for me with a 900lbs squat.

There is not a whole lot of information out there about their squat gear, it does look very good though and for his service + complete custom sizing I doubt you can go wrong. Ive only used the bench shirt but the quality is fantastic.

NickAus
08-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah Selk is right the quality of my overkill bench shirt is amazing and I have seen just about every shirt.

3 ply back 2 ply front sounds good.

Bear Underwood
08-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I have had my Overkill Briefs for about a month and I love them. I have 2ply briefs and the fit is perfect. I had a tough time with my Metal Ace suit fitting properly. I ordered Rudy's briefs and I am hooked. I also ordered his Canvas/Poly hybrid suit and I cant wait to try it out.

douglasoh5
08-29-2010, 01:16 PM
This canvas poly hybrid...is it like the inzer with the poly sides? I know i've read where ppl say there canvas has the a reg canvas bottom but the top part is poly.

NickAus
08-29-2010, 04:09 PM
This canvas poly hybrid...is it like the inzer with the poly sides? I know i've read where ppl say there canvas has the a reg canvas bottom but the top part is poly.

The top 3rd of the front plus the straps are 2 ply poly, the rest is canvas.

You can choose 2 ply front and back (canvas) or 2 ply front 3 ply back or all 3 ply canvas.

The sides have polypropylene webbing running down them.

NickAus
08-29-2010, 04:13 PM
I have had my Overkill Briefs for about a month and I love them. I have 2ply briefs and the fit is perfect. I had a tough time with my Metal Ace suit fitting properly. I ordered Rudy's briefs and I am hooked. I also ordered his Canvas/Poly hybrid suit and I cant wait to try it out.

What option did you get?

Bear Underwood
08-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Nick I got the 2ply front and back. This is my first canvas suit so that is why I went with the 2ply. I'm excited for it to come it. Ive been super happy with my bench shirt and briefs and I'm sure the suit will not disappoint.

NickAus
08-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Nick I got the 2ply front and back. This is my first canvas suit so that is why I went with the 2ply. I'm excited for it to come it. Ive been super happy with my bench shirt and briefs and I'm sure the suit will not disappoint.

Nice, how are the briefs? I heard they have a lot of pop- more than any other kind but not much stopping power so they are perfect to go under a canvas.

How good are the seams on the hybrid suit!

I am looking at getting the same suit as I live in Aus so a custom made to measure will save me on alterations plus I think it will work well.

Bear Underwood
08-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Nice, how are the briefs? I heard they have a lot of pop- more than any other kind but not much stopping power so they are perfect to go under a canvas.

How good are the seams on the hybrid suit!

I am looking at getting the same suit as I live in Aus so a custom made to measure will save me on alterations plus I think it will work well.

The briefs do have awesome pop. His measurements are spot on. They give a ton of hip support and they do stop me. Now that could be because they are still fairly new and not totally broken in. I am def pleased though.

Not sure about the seams on the suit. As soon as I get it in Ill be sure to let you know.

I love the fact that I can order something already custom fit for the same price or cheaper than other equipment and its still top notch equipment. Rudy has a customer for life with me and the guys I train with.

NickAus
08-30-2010, 03:14 AM
The briefs do have awesome pop. His measurements are spot on. They give a ton of hip support and they do stop me. Now that could be because they are still fairly new and not totally broken in. I am def pleased though.

Not sure about the seams on the suit. As soon as I get it in Ill be sure to let you know.

I love the fact that I can order something already custom fit for the same price or cheaper than other equipment and its still top notch equipment. Rudy has a customer for life with me and the guys I train with.

Sounds like they do have some stopping power then, you would know.

I just ordered the hybrid (took me an hour to be happy id taken measurements perfect), cant wait.

Bear Underwood
08-30-2010, 03:39 AM
Sounds like they do have some stopping power then, you would know.

I just ordered the hybrid (took me an hour to be happy id taken measurements perfect), cant wait.

Awesome. I was the same way with my measurements. I was so worried about them. I didn't help that Rudy emailed me back about my leg measurements. I'm 6'2'' and have really big upper thigh measurements so he had me re measure them just to be safe. When I confirmed them he said it wouldn't be a problem and he was right.

They fit like a glove. I was def sweating bullets waiting for them to come in.

theBarzeen
09-02-2010, 04:00 PM
I've been using my 3-ply Overkill briefs for around a year now...... hit a PR in them ( 804) a few weeks ago...... they have slightly less stopping power than the ACE, but better rebound. I use them under a 3-ply hybrid suit ( also Overkill)..... I've opened as light as 760 in this combo with the McDaniels judging... so I know I was good and deep).....

For what it's worth..... My legs grew nearly an inch this summer so I send my suit over to Rudy to get it let out a bit..... while he had it I spent a few weeks in my old frantz canvas..... there is a noticeable difference in how the two suits feel. The frantz stops you cold wherever you set it, but the overkill can be worn a little lighter as you can kind of sit in to the suit and get it down that last inch. The overkill also has way thicker straps. You may or may not like that, but it keeps the bar off of my spine so I like it. The OK is also easier to get off because the seams aren't as bulky and don't bind up when you roll the suit off........

Nothing against the frantz suit. It works great, and there have been lots of world records set in it, but I like the feel of the overkill better.....

gal 1
09-11-2010, 10:47 AM
does overkill has a web sait