PDA

View Full Version : Friday night shirt benchin' vid

vdizenzo
08-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Some recent correspondence with Travis made me want to put my shirt on. I'll start off by saying, the first reason is because I felt super weak and did not want to suffer through a raw max effort exercise. Second, I don't want to forget my groove in the shirt. Anyway, I was adjusting the shirt all over the place on warmups. I was trying to protect my left shoulder which is a little banged up. So when I got to my first set to the chest, the collar was pulled down very low and the shirt was completely off my shoulders. I could not get 765 to touch. So, I played around with the shirt some more, I got it back on my shoulders and just belted it. I took 765 to a 1/2 board with no problem.

Karsten and Rhodes both came over and reminded me of my pr meet in Jersey last January. After missing my second attempt of 820 and perseverating on shirt adjustments I just told Karsten we don't need to do anything to the shirt other than belt it. Away I went and hit a nice pr. So we just snugged and belted the shirt for the rest of the sets. I went 785 to the chest and if felt really good. Since I already had the shirt on I decided to make my supplemental movement board presses in the shirt. I also figured I'd make it my high intensity tri day. The 805 and 815 x 3 felt good.

Did lots of volume and some good lifting on a night when I did not think I'd have it in me. SFW! Alright, enough of my inane blathering. Here's the vid.

CxPySZLobHI

Travis Bell
08-28-2010, 05:46 AM
Very strong man. You've got that shirt dialed in just right.

Beverly McD.
08-28-2010, 09:46 AM
I tip my hat to your training partners remembering what worked for you. Good help makes all the difference.
Looking good V., congratulations!

robchris
08-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Holy s*** vinny, awesome pressing! 820 will fall again at you lower BW!

ScottYard
08-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Looking good vin!