PDA

View Full Version : Require assistance in building a stronger lockout - snatch

gymbo
08-28-2010, 02:38 AM
It seems my weakest point has always been the wrists in snatch. I have tried a number of things but never really found a solution. I can only assume others have been through such things and looking for training advise.

Any ideas on how to build up the wrists for snatch? Holding the bar with any amount of weight brings pain. I have tired everything I can think of to date.

ProjectGoliath
08-28-2010, 02:21 PM
What stuff have you tried? And where does it hurt? does it hurt when you are holding the bar above your head or while it is hanging in your arms? And does your wrist hurt or does your forearm hurt. How long have you been snatching for?

By building up the wrists i can only assume you mean the muscles in your forearm. What grip exercises have you tried?

TP

gymbo
08-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Above the head seems to be the issue. I do allot of indirect grip work like cleans, deads, lots of all variations of chin so on as well as rock climb. grip has never been an issue except for snatch above head. Something about the angle the wrist is at. It is right in the wrist at the bone.

I have tried static holds, behind the neck, general grip exercises, repetition of snatc, even hanging ... Wrist supports help but not really a solution.

Could very well be bad grip at the top but then never seen any or received any instructions on proper hands technique above the head. I use hook grip by the way.