PDA

View Full Version : Got some questions.

jonnyd
08-29-2010, 06:23 PM
So I've been doing this hct 12 program for about maybe 2-3 weeks straight kinda havent dont the leg part i've because work gets freaking busy some days outa the week.been doing the 3day workout program. And I have these pictures to give you an idea of what my body looks like upper body part wise. But In jan I'm going to boot camp for the army and I weigh about 210 and I'm 5'9. But I'm trying to lose weight and get alittle toner before i go so I can perform better in bootcamp and get a better pt score. And try to get my body fat lower so It looks alittle better but Any help yall can provide me with would be awesome. Thanks guys/gals :)

Holto
08-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Start doing the leg part!

I would definitely recomend losing some weight for the military.

blakjak12
08-29-2010, 10:49 PM
I second starting doing the leg part; you're not following the whole program if you're only picking certain routines to do, and obviously your results won't be as good as if you did all the workouts in the prescribed order.

I would probably cut a little weight if I were you too, and to do that you'll simply need to be burning more calories than you're taking in. How does your diet look?

jonnyd
08-30-2010, 09:27 PM
its not so much i'm picking certain things to do but work get freaking busy gotta stay after sometimes but the results are good better than what i used to be.

My diet on the other hand isnt good anymore I need to form a good one to help lose more weight.

greemah
08-31-2010, 03:44 PM
its not so much i'm picking certain things to do but work get freaking busy gotta stay after sometimes but the results are good better than what i used to be.

My diet on the other hand isnt good anymore I need to form a good one to help lose more weight.

If you are so busy on a leg day that you have to skip a workout, do the leg workout the next day - don't just skip back to the upper body workout.

For diet, track your calories on a site like fitday.com. Enter everything you eat on average for a day, then cut around 500 calories off it and start eating that every day, then you should start losing fat.

Joe Black
09-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Do legs and clean up your diet.

Use the HCT-12 diet guide and use the more conservative calculations (low activity) and if you're not losing weight after a few weeks, drop it by 250 calories.

You can make some amazing progress between now and Jan if you do the routine in full and are consistent with the diet advice - you could literally get lean for Jan.