PDA

View Full Version : Woooo Hoooo FINALLY racked our biggest stone onto 42" platform

BigTallOx
09-01-2010, 09:36 AM
This pretty much made my week....

yf3YXaqmaFo

Hopefully it means I have a good chance of getting all 5 stones at my competition in about 2 weeks.

Time to make about 375 pound stone.

ThomasG
09-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Nice!! Does anyone else strongman train at ripped? Looks like you live in a really nice neighborhood in draper,sandy, or cottonwood heights.

Are you still going to compete in powerlifting?

BigTallOx
09-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Brad and Jody have been talking about turning part of the parking lot at Ripped ( once it's finished ) into a strongman training area. I know one other guy who trains at ripped does highland games and strongman ( joel ) but I think that's about it. Maybe that'll change when the parking lot is done, I know there's quite a few people who train at ripped who would do great at strongman.

I've been training with Russ Anderson in American Fork ( the video last night is in his front yard ) and Van Hatfield down in Mapleton.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll do more powerlifting meets, but right now my focus is definitely strongman. I'm having too much fun doing it.

ThomasG
09-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Cool, I think I've met joel at Golds gym in sandy. He said he used to powerlift but now does strongman and highland games. He was deadlifting and doing snatches in a commercial gym so of course I had to go and talk to him.

BigTallOx
09-01-2010, 10:29 AM
He was deadlifting and doing snatches in a commercial gym so of course I had to go and talk to him.

Yeah, I understand that. Don't do anything like that down at Golds in American Fork though. One of my strongman buddies got kicked out for doing cleans on the deadlift platform even with the bumper plates. Apparently he was going to be kicked out forever until he went back and apologized, lol.

ThomasG
09-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Really? I've never seen anyone get **** for doing real lifts at the sandy golds gym or the west jordan one. Golds are franchises so everyone is different I guess. I would train at ripped but their hours don't work with mine. Where is your next comp?

BigTallOx
09-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Yeah, from my experience, the Sandy Golds ( ie on 9th, not the one on 13th ) is by far the most friendly for powerlifting and stuff like that.

Where is your next comp?

NAS Masters Nationals, Gardiner NY, September 18.

ProjectGoliath
09-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Absolute legend, big lift!!!

You had any experience with the elite stone trainer?

here (http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&pid=2640)

Im using it to train my stones as i just dont have any or any way of making any. Wanted to see how the crossover was. Going to be training with it tomo.

Cheers bud and some great lifts.

TP

edit: asked about weight of stone but thats been answered already :)

BigTallOx
09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Absolute legend, big lift!!!

Thanks.

You had any experience with the elite stone trainer?

here (http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&pid=2640)

Im using it to train my stones as i just dont have any or any way of making any. Wanted to see how the crossover was. Going to be training with it tomo.

No, I haven't used that, it looks pretty cool though. I bet there's good crossover.

I've made 2 stones by making a plaster mold around a beach ball and then fill with cement. It seems to work pretty good for stones up to 18" or so. My one stone is about 230-ish pounds, it's good for doing reps/working on technique ( kind of it would be nice if it were bigger ). The stone I racked in the video isn't mine, it was made from a slater mold.