PDA

View Full Version : Sumo deadlift 240kg (530lbs) and 252.5kg fail (557lbs)

ProjectGoliath
09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
rDPvwDIBxSo

heres my session. The rest of the banter is on the blog: project goliath blog link (http://www.projectgoliath.co.uk/2010/09/1rm-deadlift-fail-and-pull-day.html)

Shouldnt have tried a 1rm but was confident and did. And failed twice. However learnt not to set up for as long and just go for it. Also trying to decide whether to sumo or not. Got prev 1rm with narrow stance but then almost got it again with sumo. So they are pretty equal atm. I figure for strongman i'll need to go narrow. So maybe i'll just mixing them both.

TP

Keith
09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Great pull. I'd widen your grip so it's shoulder width apart. This will decrease the stress on your biceps and decrease your ROM.

ProjectGoliath
09-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Great pull. I'd widen your grip so it's shoulder width apart. This will decrease the stress on your biceps and decrease your ROM.

I agree with you, i tried the wide grip but it started rubbing my thighs really quickly and that threw my groove so i went back to narrow. I think i need to just stop being a pussy and widen the grip. Maybe if i wear cycle shorts underneath it'll be a bit easier.

Thanks for the comment, it's reinforced the importance of wide grip, just a case of getting used to it i suppose. Didnt know about the bicep tension, thats good to note, would hate to tear it :S.

TP

Keith
09-02-2010, 01:57 PM
I agree with you, i tried the wide grip but it started rubbing my thighs really quickly and that threw my groove so i went back to narrow. I think i need to just stop being a pussy and widen the grip. Maybe if i wear cycle shorts underneath it'll be a bit easier.

Thanks for the comment, it's reinforced the importance of wide grip, just a case of getting used to it i suppose. Didnt know about the bicep tension, thats good to note, would hate to tear it :S.

TP

It looks like you can widen it ~2 inches, that's all. I definitely wouldn't call that a "wide grip", though. Compression shorts or baby powder work great.

ProjectGoliath
09-02-2010, 04:05 PM
It looks like you can widen it ~2 inches, that's all. I definitely wouldn't call that a "wide grip", though. Compression shorts or baby powder work great.

Lol, no, agreed, wide compared to narrow tho, but yeah, will try that next week and report back.

TP