PDA

View Full Version : Before and after as well, 4 year and ~80lbs difference (inspired by bigtallox!)

ProjectGoliath
09-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Its all on my blog at project goliath (http://www.projectgoliath.co.uk/2010/09/before-and-after.html) but ive posted it here as well for your benefit.

I couldnt copy and paste the blog over which was annoying and when i did it all seperately the photos were all crazy sizes so ive had to do some attatchments but it all looks better over at the blog. The difference is about 4 years. But i've been playing rugby in this time so thats slowed my progress which during my rugby years used to be gain in the summer (about 15-20lbs), then lose it over the winter. Rinse repeat. The biggest weight gain has been since i've quit rugby and concentrated on strength and weight gain.

P.s. if you decide to look at them on here and not the blog, best bet is to put the uppers along side each other and the lowers as well to compare. I've also added some annotation in relation to the pics. Upper first, then lower.

In regards to the upper body pics:

To be perfectly honest, i dont know how different i actually look from now and then. I just look shorter and less ripped now...Bad times. But i seem to have grown lats with is nice. No change in traps and even arms look the same.... LOL. I suppose its because there is no bench mark to compare pics. Its like looking at a picture of franco columbu and saying he looks as big as arnie where as arnie is much much bigger but proportionally they are very similar. Pics are always hard to compare and contrast without seeing real life. Even the smallest bodybuilder looks massive in pics because of their perfect proportions. (anyway, enough excuses, onto the numbers).

The differences on paper are significant: about 220lbs (16ish stone) to 300lbs (21stone). Height obviously stayed the same at 6 foot 4.
Arms from about 15inch (maybe even less) to 19.5 inch now (my forearm at 15.5inches cold is probably bigger then my guns back in the day). Neck has gone up about 4 inches as well and waist has gone up from a svelte 32 inches to about 40 inches. Bf% has gone up from probably around 10-12% to about 23-25% now (im adamant you can still see abs tho!!).

IN relation to legs:

It would be funny even if those were the same shorts in both pics. They are the same make. However in the top pic they are 32/34 inch waist. In the bottom pic they are 40inch waist, i wouldnt fit into the old ones! My leg currently, is JUST smaller then my waist was back in the day (currently about 31inches at the top of the thigh).

Lol, hope you enjoyed, it gave me a laugh anyway.

TP

edit: to make more sense

jAy_Dub
09-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Damn, that is some awesome progress bro. I don't know what your goals are, but all you need now is a nice cut and you'll look MASSIVE.

sbirgel
09-02-2010, 07:38 PM
holy f-ing legs haha! nice work man very solid gains indeed

ProjectGoliath
09-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Cheers guys!

@sbirgel: all about the squats, love training legs.

@jAy_Dub: unfortunately goals are just to keep getting more massive. Planning on competing in strongman next year and then after that, who knows? My girlfriend is starting to tire with all the bulking so i maaaay (dont hold me to this!) do a mini (tiny) cut.

f=ma
09-03-2010, 02:59 AM
very big. no way youre 23%.. high teens at MOST. your legs would look sick at low bf, that is for sure

BigTallOx
09-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Nice, work. I'm glad I inspired you to post it.

mchicia1
09-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I am a tall bastard as well...you are definitely an inspiration. What was the diet like to get you this big?

ProjectGoliath
09-23-2010, 04:29 PM
I am a tall bastard as well...you are definitely an inspiration. What was the diet like to get you this big?

Hey hey hey! a fellow tall person! Eat. Everything. My diet is filthy dirty :). But my metabolism seems to strip me down unless im eating over 4000kcal. I need around 5000kcal to maintain and 6-7000kcal to bulk. Its not a cool place to be and im hovering around 295lbs atm purely becuase im training too much (not a problem as im enjoying it). I'll get some weight on when i start uni again and can only train 2-3 times a week.

But its all about calorie dense foods which take up little space. Namely whole milk, olive oil, cheese and then pizza etc.... Gain some, then chill on it and maintain and mature it. Then gain some more. Got my blog at www.projectgoliath.co.uk where i post most days with videos and stuff and i do post my diet as well. I just need to keep it quiet cos my girl friend hates me bulking and she reads my blog. She'd freak if she knew i was planning on gaining 20lbs....

Stay big bro!! 6 foot 5 is perfect for strongman.

TP

mchicia1
09-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey hey hey! a fellow tall person! Eat. Everything. My diet is filthy dirty :). But my metabolism seems to strip me down unless im eating over 4000kcal. I need around 5000kcal to maintain and 6-7000kcal to bulk. Its not a cool place to be and im hovering around 295lbs atm purely becuase im training too much (not a problem as im enjoying it). I'll get some weight on when i start uni again and can only train 2-3 times a week.

But its all about calorie dense foods which take up little space. Namely whole milk, olive oil, cheese and then pizza etc.... Gain some, then chill on it and maintain and mature it. Then gain some more. Got my blog at www.projectgoliath.co.uk where i post most days with videos and stuff and i do post my diet as well. I just need to keep it quiet cos my girl friend hates me bulking and she reads my blog. She'd freak if she knew i was planning on gaining 20lbs....

Stay big bro!! 6 foot 5 is perfect for strongman.

TP

Hahaha...its basically how I eat. Every night lately I have done half a pound of ground beef with a cup of rice an a whole lot of cheese. And I drink two glasses of milk before bed. This led to me going from 220 to 230 in 6 weeks and it took less than 4k calories a day. My ultimate goal is to get to 250 pounds with 15% or less body fat. Pretty nuts that you weigh 295 considering you look like you are around 15% BF. Thats the advantage us tall guys have...we can pack on some fat without looking "fat". Props to you.