PDA

View Full Version : Dextrose in Results

Rugby Dad
09-04-2010, 12:32 AM
just got my first jug of Results.
It's got 50g of dextrose (glucose sugar) per serving , right?
few questions:

is the sugar a neccessary part of the formula? why not use a sugar substittute like Splenda?
if I'm restricting carbs and sugar, should I be concerned about the 50g in Results?

ScottYard
09-04-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm not an expert but the dextrose is needed for maximum benefits of creatine. When I go low carb I just factor the carbs into the diet. I cut 20 lbs in 3 months going low carb while using results.

ThomasG
09-05-2010, 11:39 AM
How low of carb? On certain low carb days I wouldn't be able to fit results in my macros. They don't use a sugar substitute because the dextrose is in there for a purpose, to spike your insulin which has many benefits which is a whole other discussion itself.

Rugby Dad
09-05-2010, 02:26 PM
yeah I figured that the dextrose was prob a neccessary part of the formula.
but since i'm trying to cut back on carbs and sugar to loose some bf, i was wondering if the amount in Results i should be too worried about?

ThomasG
09-05-2010, 03:18 PM
yeah I figured that the dextrose was prob a neccessary part of the formula.
but since i'm trying to cut back on carbs and sugar to loose some bf, i was wondering if the amount in Results i should be too worried about?

Low carb could mean a lot of things. It could be 30G of carbs per day or it could mean 150G per day. If you take results pre or post workout on and watch your carbs through food you should be ok. Again I don't know what low carb is in your case.

ScottYard
09-05-2010, 05:40 PM
The benefits of results far out weight the carb intake % of a low carb diet. better to train hard on results then drag through workouts on a low carb only diet

ThomasG
09-05-2010, 05:44 PM
The benefits of results far out weight the carb intake % of a low carb diet. better to train hard on results then drag through workouts on a low carb only diet

That really depends on what your goals are, not everyone is a strength athlete. When I'm cutting and carb cycling I can't fit results into my macros on my low carb days. Results fits in fine however on my moderate and high carb days.

f=ma
09-06-2010, 07:23 AM
also FYI, retail splenda has nearly the same calories as any other variant of sugar

When pure sucralose is used in commercial products such as diet drinks, no caloric energy is added, because very little of it is metabolized in the body. But some calories are present in individual retail products: though the "nutritional facts" label on a Splenda single-serving 1-gram packet declares "zero calories", each packet contains 3.31 calories.[8] Such labeling is permitted in the U.S. because FDA regulations allow a product to be labeled as "zero calories" if the "food contains less than 5 calories per reference amount customarily consumed and per labeled serving".[9]

if you read the label, you will see that the packet labeling is dextrose and sucralose

Joe Black
09-07-2010, 01:42 AM
That really depends on what your goals are, not everyone is a strength athlete. When I'm cutting and carb cycling I can't fit results into my macros on my low carb days. Results fits in fine however on my moderate and high carb days.

I tend to use half servings on low and medium days and the full serving on high days, otherwise on my low days, results would be pretty much my only carb source lol!